What's new

Pakistan successfully tests Babur 1 A Cruise Missile : DG ISPR

is Pakistan Army using Beidou system for the missiles and having trials, someone please?

The ranges mentioned on media are NOT the actual ranges.

No test is conducted just as a routine, there are numerous parameters which are tested after various upgrades/updates.

I'm amazed at some comments who say "What was new in this test", like they are privy to all details regarding classified missile testing in Pakistan.

Instead of raising questions on why the test, we should be discussing the potential targets and conditions in which these SLCMs can be used.

Such a missile fired from land to a target at sea makes all vessels FFG and above as a potential target and with ranges of 500 km+, just how vulnerable it would make any enemy to approach our coast.

Also we need to increase the range to at least 1600 KM. 450 KM is not enough.

Greater the range lesser the accuracy. Emphasize should be more on accuracy, stealth, speed and latest technology rather than range.

P.S with 450 Km range, 90% of the targets relevant to Pakistan inside India will be taken care of. If India is banging on those 10% assets than it means, in a hypothetical conflict, they have already lost a war by placing their assets (SAM sites, radars, fighter planes) deep inside their border.

Last edited:
Army Strategic Command has more training launches planned then this one. Let's see if they disclose further cruise missile tests or not.

tests.jpg

Last edited:
Greater the range lesser the accuracy. Emphasize should be more on accuracy, stealth, speed and latest technology rather than range.

P.S with 450 Km range, 90% of the targets relevant to Pakistan inside India will be taken care of. If India is banging on those 10% assets than it means, in a hypothetical conflict, they have already lost a war by placing their assets (SAM sites, radars, fighter planes) deep inside their border.
Not with Babur - it is pinpoint at 100km as it is at 1000km. All that it needs is a satellite image and good enough terrain data. It is smart enough to know it has to hit the left side of a building on the 2nd floor.
@The Eagle another OSINT from the horse’s mouth. Available for all to watch and get information.

so what's the difference between Babur 1, Babur 1A and Babur 2? Is there a Babur 2??? 🧐

Not with Babur - it is pinpoint at 100km as it is at 1000km. All that it needs is a satellite image and good enough terrain data. It is smart enough to know it has to hit the left side of a building on the 2nd floor.
@The Eagle another OSINT from the horse’s mouth. Available for all to watch and get information.
IMHO for the armed forces, the next 'great milestone' for our cruise missiles isn't going to be range, but rather, indigenization and/or better autonomous operations.

The indigenization part would be miniature turbojet or turbofan engines. If we can manufacture those critical inputs at a low cost, we can ramp up LACM manufacturing and build-out a very strong land-based precision-strike element.

If indigenization is complete (or a non-factor thanks to "methods"), then autonomous operation via AI will be of interest next. We'll probably need those advances to make the Ra'ad-series operate more like a decoy, ECM-jammer, and area-wide sub-munitions dropper (e.g., small top-attack loitering munitions).

Anyways, range isn't everything. I suspect the armed forces reached their ideal threshold with the Ra'ad-2 (600 km), anything more delivers diminishing returns. Rather, you need to scale-up your numbers so that you can strike thousands of targets, and make your cruise missiles do more things so that it complicates India's job of stopping them.

Army Strategic Command has more training launches planned then this one. Let's see if they disclose further cruise missile tests or not.

View attachment 715701
Are those photos from Rawalpindi by any chance? If So they are a drone as far as I know. I saw it flying over Rawalpindi for a few hours yesterday, similar contrails.
so what's the difference between Babur 1, Babur 1A and Babur 2? Is there a Babur 2??? 🧐
1, 1A, 2 and 3, difference is launch platform and range. 450, 700, 750. Naval launched, ground launched.
Ra’ad is also a aerial variant of a Babur beneath Everything.

Can someone tell me whats the difference between

Babur 3 (SLCM) VS Babur 1A (GLCM) VS HARBA (ShLCM/AShM)

As i understand the firing platform is the only difference while the whole missile, guidance range and navigation systems work in same way

Back
Top Bottom