What's new

April 10, 2013-Pakistan test-fires Hatf-4 Shaheen-I

@Safriz what you are refering to as Shaheen and Shaheen-I are the two versions of Shaheen-I. (as stated by Dr. Mand)

The first version (having delta fins) had a ~500 km range, and was tested in late '90s.
The second one (having clipped delta fins) had ~700 km range, and was tested after 2002 (not sure about the dates)
This one is definitely Shaheen-IA (as you noticed, without any front fins), ISPR mentioned the name incorrectly.

And the four small structures at the end of the nozzle are the exhaust vanes, used to turn the missile in the required direction.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Safriz what you are refering to as Shaheen and Shaheen-I are the two versions of Shaheen-I. (as stated by Dr. Mand)

The first version (having delta fins) had a ~500 km range, and was tested in late '90s.
The second one (having clipped delta fins) had ~700 km range, and was tested after 2002 (not sure about the dates)
This one is definitely Shaheen-IA (as you noticed, without any front fins), ISPR mentioned the name incorrectly.

And the four small structures at the end of the nozzle are the exhaust vanes, used to turn the missile in the required direction.

@AhaseebA these four structure seems fixed (non-movable parts), so how they help in missile maneuvers....could you guide us in detail how this thing work....???

2z9mr14.jpg

same protrudences can be seen in this closeup of shaheen-1

shaheen1bottom.jpg

3:02 -

What would he know about Pakistan's missile capabilities? He was just reporting on speculation.

Its not something he knows but its the information they get from their sources. I have never heard news about Taimur or missiles will be fired from submarines on a news channel. Thats why now I believe that we have got these technologies and missiles.
Anyways guys there will be much more interesting things coming in future : )... :pakistan:

Its not something he knows but its the information they get from their sources. I have never heard news about Taimur or missiles will be fired from submarines on a news channel. Thats why now I believe that we have got these technologies and missiles.
Anyways guys there will be much more interesting things coming in future : )... :pakistan:

OK, but what does his "source" tell him about the Naasir and Naasra missiles :lol: ?
Look at 3:032 again and think about what he said. Does he sound like someone who has info on Pakistan's missile programmes?

Point is, atm all this is just speculation and there is no concrete evidence to support such development.

And even if there is, we shouldn't shout about it. Often, it is the silent knife that does more damage to the enemy.

@AhaseebA these four structure seems fixed (non-movable parts), so how they help in missile maneuvers....could you guide us in detail how this thing work....???

No no, they aren't fixed. Maneuvering is done by turning them in one direction, so that the exhaust is directed that way...and the missile turns in the opposite direction. Just like aircraft rudders for example.

What would you do if you were Kamran Khan, had a very busy routine, and had to prepare a show in one day?

My answer, Google please. And there are tens of sites (including wikipedia) which "authentically" state Taimur ICBM to be in existence...all of which are based on one poor news article by Jang News.

look at 0:20 onwards and try explaining what the missile is doing??

No no, they aren't fixed. Maneuvering is done by turning them in one direction, so that the exhaust is directed that way...and the missile turns in the opposite direction. Just like aircraft rudders for example.

What would you do if you were Kamran Khan, had a very busy routine, and had to prepare a show in one day?

My answer, Google please. And there are tens of sites (including wikipedia) which "authentically" state Taimur ICBM to be in existence...all of which are based on one poor news article by Jang News.

Hi,
we cannot be too sure...All these strategic defense projects are always kept under secracy.If taimour exists,we wont know.So it cannot be completely ruled out.

that is what gyroscopes are for.
Those fins are meant for stabilization along the longitudinal axis and to prevent spin; that is it.

the warhead section has it's own vector thrust motors which are used to correct warhead path.

look at 0:20 onwards and try explaining what the missile is doing??

what is it doing ?
be more specific !

The missile trajectory gone flat????
Could you not see?

thank you for telling that; excuse my blindness ... and what the hell is a flat trajectory ?

That missile is climbing and the reason you get an illusion is because of where the camera is placed and the relative distance.

thank you for telling that; excuse my blindness ... and what the hell is a flat trajectory ?

That missile is climbing and the reason you get an illusion is because of where the camera is placed and the relative distance.
nop...
Blindness theory is more plausible...

Exactly....

That was noticed immediately, in last years test one can see the same type of missile breaking through the cloud.....please explain what does this means....different attitude of attack. ??

[video]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17840305[/video]

Back
Top Bottom