What's new

Pakistan successfully tests Babur 1 A Cruise Missile : DG ISPR

That's bad of Pakistan Army.

What do you want men!!
Bipin is still not out of his first dysentery, and you keep giving him another dose.
Narvane is getting stressed by the day.

And here you are, keep testing missiles every week.

One thing is certain, Pakistan either sense or planning with PLA a war on India.
Preparations are done. 2021 is the year, I think after snow cover is gone from the mountains, India would be in troubles. Double troubles. PS has already indicated it in his recent video.

How on earth baseline Babur has more range then upgraded version ?

Maybe because range isn't the main feature of this beauty?

They are working on improving other advantages that this already has: in-flight maneuverability, accuracy, etc.

It doesn't seem like wrong reporting of the range. The official ISPR statement is here:

Pakistan today conducted a successful Training Launch of Babur Cruise Missile IA, with a range of 450 kilometers. Babur Cruise Missile is capable of engaging targets at Land and Sea with high precision. The missile was launched from a state of the art Multi Tube Missile Launch Vehicle.

The Training Launch was witnessed by Dr Raza Samar, Chairman NESCOM, Lieutenant General Muhammad Ali, Commander Army Strategic Forces Command, senior officers of Strategic Plans Division, Army Strategic Forces Command, Scientists and Engineers of the strategic organizations.

Chairman NESCOM appreciated the standard of training and operational preparedness of Army Strategic Forces, which was reflected by the proficient handling of the Weapon System in the field and fulfillment of all laid down training parameters. He also appreciated the contributions of scientists and engineers towards enhancement of Pakistan’s strategic capability.

The President, Prime Minister of Pakistan, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee and Services Chiefs have also congratulated the participating troops on conduct of successful training launch.

Congrats :pakistan:

Did anyone notice the livery on missile instead of usual red/white theme? and why the 450 KMs as compare to 750? May be because of the size given the launch tube and how about being deployed on ships and later, we are looking at miniaturized Air version. Trust me, I have no insider information.

It is in-fact in official deployment. Let's enemy be worried about 450 KMs or not and for this side, it will get the job done with precision.

Why DGISPR stopped sharing these kinds of updates via Twitter?

So why do we have a 1A? It's land based and has a smaller range than the original?

Is it cost? Maybe it's cheaper to have shorter range missiles, especially if the bulk of what you want to hit won't be that far away?

it is smaller so more can be loaded onto a mobile launcher?

@Zarvan @PanzerKiel @Windjammer @Bratva

Also why do they still record these videos with a nokia camera phone from 2005?
"Also why do they still record these videos with a nokia camera phone from 2005?"
So that we have enough time to count the number of pixels in the video .

New man in town. That was perhaps Atif Ghafoor style
Yes, seems like intentionally downplaying twitter but still it's a powerful medium. Asif Ghafoor used to engage people even from his personal account. That was a bit unnecessary but still, they should continue to use Twitter for giving these kinds of updates.

On a side note, I still remember a twitter notification when he shared the news PAF engaging targets across LoC and shooting down two Indian Jets.

I think this test is related to the possible upgrade of existing batch of original base line Babur-I missile which was tested 2005 and was in operations with PA since 2012 or 2014

Baseline Babur-I had a reported range of 500 KM while Babur-IA which was produced after 2013-14 (or 15) had a range of 700, Babur-1B with 750 KM range and capability to land and sea targets was tested in 2018 [link]

Please correct me If I am wrong. I guess its first multi tube launched cruise missile test by Pakistan.
Secondly did you guys noticed white smoke at start which disappeared in later video? may be its multi stage cruise missile where first stage give ballistic speed and second stage is where the cruise missile turbojet engine comes into play

Please correct me If I am wrong. I guess its first multi tube launched cruise missile test by Pakistan.
Secondly did you guys noticed white smoke at start which disappeared in later video? may be its multi stage cruise missile where first stage give ballistic speed and second stage is where the cruise missile turbojet engine comes into play

Multi-tube launcher and boosters are an early feature of Babur and have been there since ages.

This is 2016, multi-tube vertical launch.

This is 2012, multi-tube vertical launch.

this is 2007, here you will see a single launcher.

I believe engaging sea targets was the significance of today's test.

1613045880959.png

Back
Top Bottom