What's new

April 10, 2013-Pakistan test-fires Hatf-4 Shaheen-I

TB, I think you are being unfair. @nuclearpak actually busted that idea of the idea of this being an ASBM. He said that very clearly, some other confused souls did all the dramatic extrapolations on the thread, maps and all. It is not an ASBM, that is clear as daylight.
The missile was fired to seawards as a measure of abundant caution, as it should be, This was to avoid a replication of the Dadu mishap earlier.

aye, aye capt.

Last edited by a moderator:
aye, aye capt.

No,no; you don't owe me anything.
If at all, you should square up things with @nuclearpak. He has been consistently rational and balanced in his posts about this. Even @AhaseebA has brought a great deal of information on these matters. They are not the kind to go overboard.
:cheers:

No,no; you don't owe me anything.
If at all, you should square up things with @nuclearpak. He has been consistently rational and balanced in his posts about this. Even @AhaseebA has brought a great deal of information on these matters. They are not the kind to go overboard.
:cheers:

No probs, lets forget this...

@Samson.Sharaf

Sir would really appreciate if you could,input your thoughts over this test.

Thanks

@AhaseebA

It wasn't merely a splash down or an air burst......rather a pre-determined target in the sea.

Yes it was!

Moral of the story: Either we have too many poor jounos or we are building an ASBM.

No, moral of the story is only one. We guys are assuming things, not even the journos!
Nobody talked about an ASBM in the journos.

Does anybody have the links for the videos of Kamran Khan's show?

Does anybody have the links for the videos of Kamran Khan's show?

It's a couple of pages back.

Nothing much in the show, only he brags about our strategic capability, Taimur missile of 7000km is underway and close to completion (I highly doubt it) and some other stuff...later the AVM comes and talks about capability, transition from liquid to solid fuel etc.

well bro if Taimur is ready for teast then too it will not be tested as it will make uncle Sam and Russian concerned as we have all possible targets under hand i.e Israel and India then why do we need to test an ICBM??
It will just bought many sanctations……

yeah it will be tested whenever needed but i suppose it will be tested after test of missile defence program which is not even olanned till now……:rofl:

That Bolded part is what i mean to "Their are Political reason well known to everyone"

Just by chance if it fails in its first test ..... then Pakistan will not be left with any ICBM class Missile .... missile defence program hmm well w8ng for future development of Our Neighbors .... hope the Future will not be to far ..... May Allah bless the Indian Sub-continent :angel:

This is really funny ...Pakistan test fires missile that aim towards sea and funny people start to label it as carrier killer. :lol:
Where that article state that?? And one more thing India dnt need Aircraft carrier for war against Pakistan. :wave:

The article also doesn't state that this was a MIRV......but I did read it somewhere that it can carry up to 4 warheads. So that's that. No test is announced with details, that be China, India or Russia or the US, unless you want to show case. In Pakistan's case, historically, they don't showcase these things due to various secrecy reasons. You can call me funny or sad, doesn't change the fact.
Also, they tested hitting sea based targets last year too. But the video of those three - five day long tests.....just showed a US Harpoon hitting a ship. Will you actually believe that in 3-5 days.....all they kept firing were Harpoons which they've been operating for decades :) lol

It's a couple of pages back.

Nothing much in the show, only he brags about our strategic capability, Taimur missile of 7000km is underway and close to completion (I highly doubt it) and some other stuff...later the AVM comes and talks about capability, transition from liquid to solid fuel etc.

Okay...
No I heard they showed some more scenes of this test, thats why..

Yeah LOL, Taimur is underway...probably too under the way.. :omghaha:

well bro if Taimur is ready for teast then too it will not be tested as it will make uncle Sam and Russian concerned as we have all possible targets under hand i.e Israel and India then why do we need to test an ICBM??
It will just bought many sanctations……
yeah it will be tested whenever needed but i suppose it will be tested after test of missile defence program which is not even olanned till now……:rofl:

Even Shahhen 3 not tested till now with 3k range and you are here talking about ICBM ???

The article also doesn't state that this was a MIRV......but I did read it somewhere that it can carry up to 4 warheads. So that's that. No test is announced with details, that be China, India or Russia or the US, unless you want to show case. In Pakistan's case, historically, they don't showcase these things due to various secrecy reasons. You can call me funny or sad, doesn't change the fact.
Also, they tested hitting sea based targets last year too. But the video of those three - five day long tests.....just showed a US Harpoon hitting a ship. Will you actually believe that in 3-5 days.....all they kept firing were Harpoons which they've been operating for decades :) lol

Please, do not overestimate Pakistan's capabilities. Thats all I have to convey.
There is nothing like MIRVs (yet) or "secret" ballistic missile tests (just one exception).

Please, do not overestimate Pakistan's capabilities. Thats all I have to convey.
There is nothing like MIRVs (yet) or "secret" ballistic missile tests (just one exception).

This was quoted in your media and by a few others through 'classified' military personnel who 'requested to stay anonymous'. There is no overestimation. That's the fact, the focus of this test wasn't a 150 KM 'range increase'....that's as simple as adding more solid fuel, nothing changes. But this was to test the maneuvers, depressed trajectory, ballistics, and future aspects of independent reentry. Do you see when it leaves the launcher vs. the first version of Shaheen 1??? It uses variable trajectory, high drag, more power to confuse the others and through that, at the time of re-entry, going back to the variable depressed trajectory also helps with 'independent drops' if you will.

Okay...
No I heard they showed some more scenes of this test, thats why..

Nothing much. Kidwai sahib, the eternal Chairman SPD shaking hands, a quick photo session, after the launch, only a couple more seconds of clip.

Launch site ka nhn pata chalnay laga!!!;)

This was quoted in your media and by a few others through 'classified' military personnel who 'requested to stay anonymous'. There is no overestimation. That's the fact, the focus of this test wasn't a 150 KM 'range increase'....that's as simple as adding more solid fuel, nothing changes. But this was to test the maneuvers, depressed trajectory, ballistics, and future aspects of independent reentry. Do you see when it leaves the launcher vs. the first version of Shaheen 1??? It uses variable trajectory, high drag, more power to confuse the others and through that, at the time of re-entry, going back to the variable depressed trajectory also helps with 'independent drops' if you will.

Nobody is denying those things, trajectory changes and all. But ASBM and carrier killer is taking it a bit too far.

Even Shahhen 3 not tested till now with 3k range and you are here talking about ICBM ???

They don't really need the ICBM.....if you hear their military leaders...they aren't up against the world. Their main issue has always been India. If the political parties can sit the heck down together DEMOCRATICALLY, then Israel will become a friend or a country with trade and open ties, the US will enjoy a much better and friendlier relationship and Pakistan will get a LOT of investment. The Western countries are waiting since 1998 to invest heavily into Pakistan as it does have 200 million strong and growing population and trade market. Much richer in fancy tastes, fashion, etc than many other emerging markets. So their issues aren't with the world. Why build an ICBM and cause panic???? when they should be ensuring a better image outside and trying to grow their economy. For this vary fact, I think India and Pakistan should put in a no war pact. Open doors to each other and enjoy a better and prosperous future for 1.5 billion people (2.8 if you count China in).
The Indian prime minister has said many times, the FUTURE belongs to Asia. My counter argument is, No It Doesn't. Not unless you open trade routes VIA ROADS from Delhi to Islamabad to China. Imagine the by-road market and what businesses can do with it!!!

Back
Top Bottom