What's new

Pakistan successfully test fires Hatf II ballistic missile: ISPR

the HAtif 2 is nothing cutting edge..or new for Pakistan.
This launch is only a response to our deployment of the Brahmos on the western front. I dont kno y India declared its capabilities..but maybe it has something to do with trust building and transparency.

Anyways when it comes to capabilities, Hatif 2 is no where near comparable to Bhramos ,IF there is a viable and sturdy ABM/Missle shield system on the opposing ends.

This launch is only a response to our deployment of the Brahmos on the western front. I dont kno y India declared its capabilities..but maybe it has something to do with trust building and transparency.

Anyways when it comes to capabilities, Hatif 2 is no where near comparable to Bhramos ,IF there is a viable and sturdy ABM/Missle shield system on the opposing ends.

And cannot it be just a routine experiment to make sure all system are working.

But looks like its hard for you to keep off topics to yourself.

As far as this photo tells, this one has no TVS on the main motor. In the head yes I guess, but none in the arse. There's no jetevactors, and the nozzle is too big to cram a swivel mechanism in. Aerodynamic control surface guidance till burnout and then seconds (possible dozens of them) before impact the RV motors (TV) would bang it around.

Which is why I used most.
The second stage on its longer ranged cousins however.. is a different matter.
As is the fun I had with a particular ball shaped object that had accelerometers in it that traced out its motion in 3d on some buggy software.
Funny that we paid close to $2000 for that stupid thing..when the whole thing could have been replicated with a N900 or Andriod with a little effort. But then again.. those accelerometers were very very accurate.. and precise.

O ye of speaking faith, O ye I would try to regain Pakistan's trust, O ye I would try to be loyal to Pakistan, O ye they betrayed us unforunately. :D

Thou'st think of betrayal by those that wear gold braids n Khaki and self-appoint themselves as rulers de-facto to be betrayal..
Hast not thou any memory those that sit in the rain and sun.. with a rifle o'er their shoulder slung..
Those whose task be to do or die and not question why.

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

Only an idiot would think of comparing the two as equals...
And a BM shield is no sure shot insurance.

I don't understand why guyz on these forums are habitual of making useless "A" v/s "B" comparison. Grow up dude, Plz. grow up.

There is nothing to compare. Even the kids know that Abdali and Brahamos are two entirely different technologies with different roles for themselves in the battle field.
SO what is the point in making such comparisons.

Why Pakistan & India waste their million $ missiles in periodic testing. :coffee:

When is Shaheen 3 going to be tested any news on this?

Hatf I was designed in the 1980s as a highly mobile missile for tactical use. The design is said to have been derived from the second-stage of the French Eridan missile system. Its major use is as an unguided general bombardment weapon, to be fired across a battlefield or at a general target area. If properly aimed, it can hit within several hundred meters of the target area. The missile is low cost and easy to produce and maintain in large numbers. The Hatf I missile development program dates back to the 1980s. The Hatf-I was officially revealed by Pakistani officials in 1989 and it is believed to have entered service in 1992.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...-missile-030/2012/03/05/gIQAg27YsR_video.html

I think We really needed these tactical missiles ranges b/w 180- 200 KM. India is already deploying Mig29,Su30 on front bases including Brahmos missiles. :pop:

Which is why I used most.
The second stage on its longer ranged cousins however.. is a different matter.
In fact, I think this little missile too has a post-boost vehicle. It otherwise makes no sense to remove air-vanes (those little fins on its face) and lost the ability to guide the RV. During-boost guidance is only good for 30-40 seconds max on this kind of rocket.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

can this be fired from the the wing of a C-130 if a very very hard-point is added onto its wing?:undecided:
Too heavy for that IMO. And motor design possibly not suitable for launch at altitude.

Woe with US..
WOE with US..

On the topic..

Most new Pakistani missiles use a combination of Aerodynamic surfaces and TVC.
This upgrade is common on all rocket motors used throughout the arsenal.
The Abdali of today is NOT the Abdali that was built 5 years ago.

its the batarian prophet :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom