What's new

Pakistan still financing JuD schools: Indian media

JUD is BANNED in PAKISTAN.....Read my previous post.

Yes.. But most members here either oppose that ban or take refuge in Pakistani courts throwing the case out against HS. I was refering to their double standards and not taking a pot shot at the Pakistani govt

Thanks for the link.
The same thing must have happened in the Pakistani side too.It is impossible that during such large troop movements Pakistan didnt loose any soilder.
You guys were thinking of offensive not us. Thats why you needed to clear the mines on your side...We just needed to put more mines.....

Any evidence against Mr Saeed? or just shooting an arrow in the dark..:bunny:

:)

DAWN.COM | Front Page | Punjab govt gave Rs82m to JD: papers

Punjab govt gave Rs82m to JD: papers
By Our Staff Reporter
Wednesday, 16 Jun, 2010

Rana Sanaullah said the purpose of giving this grant was to continue the welfare services provided by the organisation’s sc hools, dispensaries and hospitals. — File Photo :rolleyes:

Kindly dont spread false propoganda and lies tht ur media vomits infront of the indian public.

Here is wat it says:
However, he maintained that the institutions - which include two schools and a hospital - were no longer attached to Jamaat-ud-Dawa.
"The government has taken control of the schools and appointed an administrator to run each of them."

He said the UN had been notified as the issue was a humanitarian one.

"There was a boys' school with 400 students, a girls' high school with 350 students and a hospital which addressed the needs of the entire area in question.

Kindly next time no B.S

From this pic we can understand what JuD is actually doing...... "the welfare services provided by the organisation’s schools, dispensaries and hospitals." lol: Its iconic that Dawn put such a pic in the news..... that really looks a welfare org!

You guys were thinking of offensive not us. Thats why you needed to clear the mines on your side...We just needed to put more mines.....

The article says that soilders were killed in mine laying and not clearing ops.

BBC also reported this topic. JUD is a front for LET watch dispatches documentary on channel 4 he goes undercover in pakistan to JUD HQ.

home of angels (cheaters) BBC

if some one beleve BBC eather he is stupid or brainless.it was BBC CNN who show evey hour WMD of iraq to west now where the hell go all that?.

From this pic we can understand what JuD is actually doing...... "the welfare services provided by the organisation’s schools, dispensaries and hospitals." lol: Its iconic that Dawn put such a pic in the news..... that really looks a welfare org!

That picture is from a rally of religious party leaders, including the JuD. I am not sure how you are claiming that it represents any of the work done by the institutions of the JuD that were taken over by the Government of Punjab.

BBC also reported this topic. JUD is a front for LET watch dispatches documentary on channel 4 he goes undercover in pakistan to JUD HQ.

JuD is banned in Pakistan. The funding in the Punjab budget was for certain charities of the JuD that were taken over by the Government of Punjab.

Yes.. But most members here either oppose that ban or take refuge in Pakistani courts throwing the case out against HS. I was refering to their double standards and not taking a pot shot at the Pakistani govt

Nothing wrong in opposing the ban when it was imposed in a non-transparent manner by the UNSC, without a chance for the accused party to defend themselves in front of a neutral arbiter. Opposition to the ban does not equate to support for non-implementation of the requirements of the UNSC sanctions on JuD.

Also, as I have pointed out repeatedly in the past, EU nations (courts) have had similar issues with the UNSC sanctions on entities because of that lack of transparency and due process in the sanctions process, which is considered a violation of the rights of the entities sanctioned.

The UNSC resolutions on Kashmir on the other hand had the major parties, India and Pakistan, completely represented and articulating and lobbying their case, and the final resolutions were accepted by both. There is a huge difference in the process followed in issuing the UNSC resolutions on Kashmir and the UNSC sanctions against the JuD and other entities.

Cant you even read and comprehend

"When restrictions were initially imposed upon us, the Punjab government did appoint an administrator but it was neither liked nor accepted by our people.

That person seems to be incharge of running the show.

This all shows to the whole world the double faced nature of Pak Govt.
An anonymous JuD source who may or may not know how the administration of the organization is being handled (and may have indeed been referring to changes in how the administrator ran the charities) cannot be accepted over official statements that have been posted.

If it is true that the administrator is no longer in charge, there will no doubt be more credible and detailed reports on the issue in the coming days. Till then a couple of somewhat ambiguous lines from an anonymous source cannot be taken as contradicting the GoPu clarifications on the issue.

JuD is banned in Pakistan. The funding in the Punjab budget was for certain charities of the JuD that were taken over by the Government of Punjab.

Yes, and LET was banned in Pakistan too and a 'different' organisation called JUD run by the same people in the same compound was allowed to operate by the Govt of Pakistan with a different nameplate. Then it was a charity allowed to run to help the poor.

So we DO NOT believe the govt of Pakistan is sincere about clamping down on that humanitarian Hafeez Saeed. That no amount of hiding behind technicalities is going to change.

Last edited:
Yes, and LET was banned in Pakistan too and a 'different' organisation called JUD run by the same people in the same compound was allowed to operate by the Govt of Pakistan with a different nameplate. Then it was a charity allowed to run to help the poor.
And there remains no evidence that it was not a charity helping the poor, given that the only proper legal trial giving the accused the right to defend themselves resulted in the courts acquitting Hafiz Saeed.
So we DO NOT believe the govt of Pakistan is sincere about clamping down on that humanitarian Hafeez Saeed. That no amount of hiding behind technicalities is going to change.
Technicalities matter. The UNSC sanctions have limited restrictions on travel and financing, those are being complied with. The charities taken over by the GoPu were, according to the media reports posted earlier, discussed with the UN, and therefore should not be a breach of the UNSC sanctions.

If India thinks there was a breach of sanctions, then raised the issue in the UNSC and get a ruling in your favor instead of publishing distorted propaganda in the media.

hell we also "donot believe"! that you are not helping BLA or even helping the TTP!!! you got same amount of proof against the charity wing as we got against the indian involvement with BLA!!

and besides indians always cry about everything! be it our defence procurement be it our charity organizations! and what not

hell indians claimed INZIMAM & Mohammed yousf killed BOB WOOLMER!!

india keeps shooting in the dark hoping to one day get a hit!!! :lol:

And there remains no evidence that it was not a charity helping the poor, given that the only proper legal trial giving the accused the right to defend themselves resulted in the courts acquitting Hafiz Saeed.

Technicalities matter. The UNSC sanctions have limited restrictions on travel and financing, those are being complied with. The charities taken over by the GoPu were, according to the media reports posted earlier, discussed with the UN, and therefore should not be a breach of the UNSC sanctions.

If India thinks there was a breach of sanctions, then raised the issue in the UNSC and get a ruling in your favor instead of publishing distorted propaganda in the media.

I do not question the technicalities at all, after the ban on LET Zaki Ul Rehman Lakhvi was openly operating, so the ban was a sham anyways, similar to the current ban on JUD as they are openly operating too, according to Pakistan media.

Technically Saeed is free to open a new org called Lashkar E Dawa or some, if he's not already, i agree.

Its not these technicalities I'm discussing, I'm saying the govt of Pakistan has not been honest, and there is no evidence to suggest that attitude has changed, despite the technicalities.

I do not question the technicalities at all, after the ban on LET Zaki Ul Rehman Lakhvi was openly operating, so the ban was a sham anyways, similar to the current ban on JUD as they are openly operating too, according to Pakistan media.

Technically Saeed is free to open a new org called Lashkar E Dawa or some, if he's not already, i agree.

Its not these technicalities I'm discussing, I'm saying the govt of Pakistan has not been honest, and there is no evidence to suggest that attitude has changed, despite the technicalities.

Lakhvi was not operating openly - I never heard the name until after the Mumbai attacks, and the entire operation was quite obviously a clandestine operation by those particular LeT members. Was there a miscalculation by Pakistan that Lakhvi and his associates would abide by the decision to not act against India? Obviously - they were not happy with the Pakistani decision to help in tamping down the insurgency in IaK under Musharraf.

However there remains little to no evidence that Hafiz Saeed had any role in that operation.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom