What's new

Pakistan still a strategic partner, reaffirms US

They armed PA in the 50s and cold war allies.
The Cold War is over now.

USA ditched Pakistan. Time for us to ditch USA now.

I don't think we should look at the Americans as snakes or monsters or what not.

They look after their interests and we have to do the same. If we want Americans to align with us then we have to find areas where our interests converge. Actually if they converged, Americans would reach out even before us as they are more proactive than our foreign policy. If they don't then we go our separate ways.

There is no emotion or snakes or back-stabbers etc. in these types of transactions. Currently Americans are in the Indian orbit worried about China as they were in Pakistan's orbit in the 50, 60s worried about the USSR.

The benefit of not being in the same camp as the Americans is that we don't get used, but Pakistan also loses out on American largess. To me that is a fair trade. Now we have to build on our own instead of looking for the easy way out (getting aid, military assistance etc.). As they say, one can't have their cake and eat it too.

We have to get creative and take advantage of other opportunities.
Your view is too simplistic.

USA did do the Pressler amendment against Pakistan. Enough said.

Allies do not sanction each other.

Ok now I get the purpose of this statement. By issuing this statement, the US is once again offering "AID/Money" to Pakistan's ruling Elite, so that they can change their Pro-China and Pro-Central Asian Region policies. Remember these are the same Pakistan people in military, Bureaucracy and politics who greatly filled up their pockets during US's 20-year stay in A-Stan, and during the Afghan-Soviet war.

By the way, Interior Minister during his press conference mentioned that the Terrorists were using US WEAPONS !!! So indirectly he is also pointing fingers at US involvement.

I don't think we should look at the Americans as snakes or monsters or what not.

They look after their interests and we have to do the same. If we want Americans to align with us then we have to find areas where our interests converge. Actually if they converged, Americans would reach out even before us as they are more proactive than our foreign policy. If they don't then we go our separate ways.

There is no emotion or snakes or back-stabbers etc. in these types of transactions. Currently Americans are in the Indian orbit worried about China as they were in Pakistan's orbit in the 50, 60s worried about the USSR.

The benefit of not being in the same camp as the Americans is that we don't get used, but Pakistan also loses out on American largess. To me that is a fair trade. Now we have to build on our own instead of looking for the easy way out (getting aid, military assistance etc.). As they say, one can't have their cake and eat it too.

We have to get creative and take advantage of other opportunities.
Yes amreeka is neither a global terrorist nor a snake and I am shri Bill Clinton's aba jaan. :)

The Cold War is over now.

USA ditched Pakistan. Time for us to ditch USA now.

Your view is too simplistic.

USA did do the Pressler amendment against Pakistan. Enough said.

Allies do not sanction each other.

It would be foolish not to maintain their biggest export market. Keep a good working relationship and make products they will buy, a lot of money to be made. Its okay to trade with US and China and others at the same time.

We should always be careful with snakes,

Good relationship in terms economics is always good anything more keep your guard up...
Your location is too precious for them, bud. They will never let go of you, even when you declare yourself to be firmly in the Chinese camp.

Earlier, the American expectation was to get bases in India. But we don't do that here since it does not serve our interests to jump on a particular bandwagon.

US is like the divorced ex-wife who keeps haunting you. :cheesy:

Is there any actual evidence you did anything in Afghanistan?

Likely heavily exaggerated, the state is incompetent to the point it cannot even handle internal affairs, you give them too much credit.
Are bhai.... I know us diaspora Pakistanis like to pretend that we did nothing in Afghanistan. But lets be honest. Who gave the taliban funding for the last 20 years? Pakistan... Do you think they work part time? Who gave them weapons? Pakistan... Who sheltered them? Pakistan... Had it not been for Pakistan the Taliban would have been wiped out.

Pakistan killed 2000+ US occupation forces with the help of her allies such as Afghan Taliban, Haqqani Network and Lashkar-e-Taiba. We did what we had to do.

This is a good video. I recommend watching it.

US still have the power , it's not a bad thing to get partnership with it. Just with eyes open.
Yeh, so much power they ran out of Afghanistan with their tails between their legs and have left Pakistan facing the crazy Mullahs next door in Afghanistan who are now attacking us with Indian terrorism.

Your location is too precious for them, bud. They will never let go of you, even when you declare yourself to be firmly in the Chinese camp.

Earlier, the American expectation was to get bases in India. But we don't do that here since it does not serve our interests to jump on a particular bandwagon.

US is like the divorced ex-wife who keeps haunting you. :cheesy:
More liked a crazed rejected stalker.

India be like , we did so much for America Bhadur, took all the beating, became an American colony! Fought both China and Pakistan, assaulted the American capital, yet bhooka naaga Pakistan is still an American strategic ally and a major non NATO ally hahahahsh

India invading the American Capital

K
It's clear India is a threat to US democracy, but the Americans in capitol Hill are too blinkered to notice.

Are bhai.... I know us diaspora Pakistanis like to pretend that we did nothing in Afghanistan. But lets be honest. Who gave the taliban funding for the last 20 years? Pakistan... Do you think they work part time? Who gave them weapons? Pakistan... Who sheltered them? Pakistan... Had it not been for Pakistan the Taliban would have been wiped out.

Pakistan killed 2000+ US occupation forces with the help of her allies such as Afghan Taliban, Haqqani Network and Lashkar-e-Taiba. We did what we had to do.

What a nonsense, stop maligning Pakistan. Pakistan was a partner with the US and Western forces in Afghanistan, we were aligned strategically. Pakistan was struggling to feed it's people and other than intelligence networks and supplying logistics aid to the US forces , Pakistan was not involved in Afghanistan. With so many Western soldiers there was no space for Pakistanis to fight there it was so overcrowded.

US values relationship with Pakistan across a number of fronts: State Dept

• Spokesperson Price says Pakistan is a strategic partner in response to a question

BR Web Desk
04 Feb, 2022

61fcc20a214c9.jpg

The United States has said that it has an important relationship with Pakistan which it values across a number of fronts."

During a US State Department briefing on Wednesday, a journalist referred to a recent statement by Indian opposition leader Rahul Gandhi who blamed the BJP government in India for pushing Pakistan into the Chinese camp.

"I will leave it to the Pakistanis and the PRC [People’s Republic of China] to speak to their relationship. I certainly would not – would not endorse those remarks," US State Department's Spokesperson Ned Price replied.

"Why do you think Pakistan is working so closely with China? I mean, do you think they’re – they feel abandoned by the US?" Price was asked by a journalist.

"We’ve made the point all along that it is not a requirement for any country around the world to choose between the United States and China," the spokesperson replied.

He further said that is the US intention to provide choices to countries when it comes to what the relationship with the United States looks like.

"And we think partnership with the United States conveys a series of advantages that countries typically would not find when it comes to the sorts of partnerships that – “partnerships” may be the wrong term; the sorts of relationships that the PRC has sought to – has sought to have around the world.

"Pakistan is a strategic partner of the United States. We have an important relationship with the government in Islamabad, and it’s a relationship that we value across a number of fronts."
The spokesperson's statement comes after Gandhi, while speaking in Lok Sabha on the Motion of Thanks on President’s address during the ongoing Budget Session of Parliament, had said that government's stand on China and Pakistan worked only to unite the two countries together against India.

"The single biggest strategic goal of India has been to keep China and Pakistan apart. But what you have done is brought them together. You have committed the single biggest crime you can commit against the people of India. China has a plan," Gandhi said.

"The strategic goal of India should have been to keep China and Pakistan separate. But what you have done is to bring them together. Do not underestimate what we are facing. This is a serious threat to India," NDTV quoted Gandhi as saying.
That's the way to go an open relationship. I thought marriage of convenience was illegal in the US?

US is like the divorced ex-wife who keeps haunting you.

US= Reham Khan ??

But lets be honest. Who gave the taliban funding for the last 20 years?
- Smuggling
- Opium Trade
- Afghan Transit Trade
- Loot & Extortion of NATO Supply
- Tax collection under their areas of influence

All of these are documented facts.

Do you think they work part time? Who gave them weapons?
NO, but already had ample amount of Russian small arms, then they used Black market plus NATO weapons were also acquired.
Who sheltered them?
They used cover of refugee for shelter in Pakistan & Iran
Most of documentaries are made with agendas to serve interests, Media is a serious BUSINESS not some moral & ethical movement of correct Conscience & Truth

Its easier to be America's enemies than being friends.

Al-Jazeera is a propaganda channel which has a known anti-Pakistan stance which most of the time matches Indian stance. It should be banned in Pakistan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom