What's new

Pakistan snubs US over Osama informer

Of course. However, delaying Dr. Afridi's day in court beyond what is needed to at least lay down the charges would only serve to undermine Pakistan's reputation, that is all.

Also, wait and see is a good approach here too, may be he will be released as a bargaining chip, or won't he? What do you think?

pakistani judiciary's reputation is going to be actually boosted by an infinite delay of the trial - it shows that this is an extraordinary matter (which it is, given that u.s. assassination of OBL - which pakistanis didn't mind - took place on pakistani soil in a brazen attack on pakistani sovereignty - which every pakistani must mind - and that the physician took part in a conspiracy against his own nation) and that judicially normal procedures can and must be suspended to cope with matters as serious, as extraordinary, as extra-legal as this. it is always judicially provided that threat to sovereignty and nationhood be dealt with with suspension of juridical normalcy, and the benting of normal rules - infinite detention, infinite delay of the trial, torture, secrecy of the trial, etc. - only serves the purpose of restoring the affronted sovereign, and this ultimately adds more authority, respectability and honor to the judiciary arm itself that has suspended its normal operation. needless to say, u.s. has already done this to a more exaggerated scale than pakistan since 9/11

if you don't know the jurisprudence behind an act of legality through its self-suspension, i guess you shouldn't have pretended to be concerned about the integrity of pakistani judiciary just now. but i know it was pakistani sovereignty and nationhood you wanted to smear all along, wasn't it, cheng?

Agreed 100%.

So you are agreeing any interference from the USA is unnecessary and they are wrong in publicly demanding the law in our nation to be changed to satisfy their desires? Are you accepting they are wrong?

I agreed with this part 100%:

The judicial system must be allowed to function and Pakistan law should be followed. My personal opinion is he should be dealt with and have the book thrown at him.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

pakistani judiciary's reputation is going to be actually boosted by an infinite delay of the trial - it shows that this is an extraordinary matter (which it is, given that u.s. assassination of OBL - which pakistanis didn't mind - took place on pakistani soil in a brazen attack on pakistani sovereignty - which every pakistani must mind - and that the physician took part in a conspiracy against his own nation) and that judicially normal procedures can and must be suspended to cope with matters as serious, as extraordinary, as extra-legal as this. it is always judicially provided that threat to sovereignty and nationhood be dealt with with suspension of juridical normalcy, and the benting of normal rules - infinite detention, infinite delay of the trial, torture, secrecy of the trial, etc. - only serves the purpose of restoring the affronted sovereign, and this ultimately adds more authority, respectability and honor to the judiciary arm itself that has suspended its normal operation. needless to say, u.s. has already done this to a more exaggerated scale than pakistan since 9/11

if you don't know the jurisprudence behind an act of legality through its self-suspension, i guess you shouldn't have pretended to be concerned about the integrity of pakistani judiciary just now. but i know it was pakistani sovereignty and nationhood you wanted to smear all along, wasn't it, cheng?

I cannot respond to a rant I cannot even comprehend!

I agreed with this part 100%:

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

I cannot respond to a rant I cannot even comprehend!

it is because i am trained in legal theory and, judging from your posts, you never were. which begs the question: what you are doing here pretending to defend pakistan's judiciary, eh, cheng?

Pakistan has the right to present its case against him in a court of law, and let the law decide based on whatever evidence is presented against him. To hold him without a trial is a travesty, and will cause more problems for Pakistan than it solves.
I guess there is nomore problems for Pakistan cuz we already holding the roots of all the problems within our country.....:D

it is because i am trained in legal theory and, judging from your posts, you never were. which begs the question: what you are doing here pretending to defend pakistan's judiciary, eh, cheng?

You are correct I am not a lawyer. I was merely expressing my opinion that delaying a trial is not correct, and will harm Pakistan, that is all. It doesn't take a lawyer to see that fact.

I guess there is nomore problems for Pakistan cuz we already holding the roots of all the problems within our country.....:D

The roots are all within Pakistan; the branches spread far and wide, of the issues.

Exactly - Pakistani committing (if found guilty) a crime on Pakistan soil should be trialed via the Pakistani judiciary system in Pakistan. Absolutely ridiculous to assume anything else. If he was so special they should have removed him before they used the info he supplied. To cry now over the issue is futile and frivolous.

I think they left him in Pakistan on purpose.. Now if Pakistan punishes him, they will get a bad name internationally and if they dont punish him, the establishment will look like towing the American line.. Damned if you do, Damned if you dont...

Pakistan has the right to present its case against him in a court of law, and let the law decide based on whatever evidence is presented against him. To hold him without a trial is a travesty, and will cause more problems for Pakistan than it solves.

Off topic but I would sure like to know in your openion Chang how would America or any other your so called civil countries delt with a person like this doctor?

I dare not go off-topic for fear of the Bosses here! ;)

I'm sorry if I gave you that impression but if you agree or not every country would do the same be it America or anybody.

I'm sorry if I gave you that impression but if you agree or not every country would do the same be it America or anybody.

Of course it is the right of every sovereign nation to pursue and further its national interests. What differ are the ability, determination and foundations to do that in a cohesive manner.

Can USA release Ghulam Nabi Fai? the man who has done nothing against US national security,

certainly, they will never release him so why Panetta expects from Pakistan to release a person involved in anti state activity,

Actually USA wants Pakistan to break its own laws so that the Govt and state is remained with no moral and legal standing,in this way they can achieve their goals.

Can USA release Ghulam Nabi Fai? the man who has done nothing against US national security,

certainly, they will never release him so why Panetta expects from Pakistan to release a person involved in anti state activity,

Actually USA wants Pakistan to break its own laws so that the Govt and state is remained with no moral and legal standing,in this way they can achieve their goals.

Dr. Fai went to trial, and accepted a plea deal. He has his passport back, and no longer under house arrest. His fines will be paid too.

That is how the system works.

Back
Top Bottom