What's new

Pakistan SLV launch facility recently completed

Investing in science is always good.

What the sub continent is free thinking scientists.

My brother hated the sciences because it was taught too rigidly in India. When came to New Zealand, he was allowed way more freedom.

Hopefully the education system will be use the student to create and implement ideas, rather than the rote learning.

I have no idea about Pakistani education system though :-)

That is actually such a great point. The "love" of learning is something that doesn't figure into the sub-continent mindset. It's very rigid and conformist.

That is actually such a great point. The "love" of learning is something that doesn't figure into the sub-continent mindset. It's very rigid and conformist.

Not only that, but investment in pure science is scorned down even among western countries. The Indian Mars mission for example. You almost had universal scorn and derision from the Western media.

But no one questions India's military spending. Because the Arms Manufacturers in the West love that.

If on ly there was a powerful science lobby to counter extremism.

Pakistan always has produced high calibre scientists.

Abdus Salam was inspirational for a generation of Indian scientists =P

Not only that, but investment in pure science is scorned down even among western countries. The Indian Mars mission for example. You almost had universal scorn and derision from the Western media.

But no one questions India's military spending. Because the Arms Manufacturers in the West love that.

If on ly there was a powerful science lobby to counter extremism.

Pakistan always has produced high calibre scientists.

Abdus Salam was inspirational for a generation of Indian scientists =P
Did you meant say Abdul Kalam?

Jehlum? weird option
they have a big SUPARCO center there and test missiles .

If it really was a SLV facility (as you call it) it would be all over in the Pakistani media. I'm 100% sure it is not.
it cant be because its state secret if they do then they will be invited for a cup of tea with isi.

Last edited:
the point being a dedicated infrastructure is required for manufacture of slv and launch station.
if pakistan attempts such a thing,everyone will know about it instantly
The SLV will most likely to Shaheen III LRBM or Taimur 1 ICBM.

Status of Missiles ; Both under development.

Now abt facility.......its still under development so thats why not much is seen there.

Model/Render of PAkistani SLV/PSLV

Model of Pakistani SLV from Ideas def expo 2000-2002

1zwyizc.jpg

pakistanspacelv1.jpg

For more detail go through the link

Pakistan Shaheen-III Space Booster

Whats the status of Jehlum facility? i thought we r building a launch pad there too or we already have it?
i heard this jehlum and somiani will be our two launch pads.
There is nothing like an SLV facility planned for Jhelum. Any SLV-related facility would be a coastal one.

There is nothing like an SLV facility planned for Jhelum. Any SLV-related facility would be a coastal one.
im referring to that testing range from where we launch missiles and they fall in somiani testing range.

So is this or is this not an SLV launch facility as the OP is saying because many members are saying it's not... I am talking about the somniani one.

im referring to that testing range from where we launch missiles and they fall in somiani testing range.
It is not located at Jhelum.
So is this or is this not an SLV launch facility as the OP is saying because many members are saying it's not... I am talking about the somniani one.
This facility is an acknowledged Test Firing Range of SUPARCO, has existed since the early 60s, and launched the Rehbar series of sounding rockets. For now, it doesn't seems that the required and necessary infrastructure (large assembly buildings, engine testing facility, launch platform) has been built to support an SLV launch.
So it is not possible to say whether or not this facility will evolve into an SLV facility in future.

Back
Top Bottom