What's new

Pakistan SLV launch facility recently completed

But the tech is American and some of the avionics you are building and SAM systems, that tech comes from Israel. There is nothing wrong in admitting that.

Yeah my friend the nature of research work in lets say guidance and control(GNC) of LRSAM is quite different from a gas turbine engine. And so is the level of secrecy awarded to both! Countries might share the GNC,radars but they'll never ever share the METALLURGICAL PROCESS by which they created SCBs,THERMAL BARRIER COATING etc.
I'm afraid you have no clue about the gas turbine research and how it is different from other defence researches.
In fact I'd like to bring it to your notice that we can't simply copy the arrangement of injectors in Russian RD33!and we are talking about things like SCB and TBC

Viper, on a related note I'd like you to go to Indian patent official website and look how many patents are filed by Indians.to your surprise, this figure will come close to 50,000!
Also I'd suggest you to check out patents filed by various Indian research labs and companies like HAL,BHEL,DRDO,ISRO in past 5 years...:)

Being an Aerospace engineer at Pratt, I can tell you for sure that India would have developed its Single crystal blade indigenously. No company or country parts with such technology...even to allies. Even when Pratt works with someone like Rolls Royce (from another NATO member), we normally completely segregate the sections of the engine in the collaboration. We have a good idea of our strengths and weaknesses in various fields....but how we get to those strengths and weaknesses is something we guard to the extreme from each other....much less non - NATO countries.

There is a lot of literature out these regarding the very basic idea of it, but turning this into something workable and efficient (both production and quality of product) is what you throw the brain and man hours at.

There may have been returnees to India (its diaspora after all has many people in all kinds of advanced fields) that might have played a role in coordinating, organizing and accelerating the process....but I have no doubt the bulk of the work was still done by local "bulk" R&D.

That post with unle and aunt was due to the constant personal crap every other Indian brings to the table. You ask a question on Economic Numbers or Rocket Science, and the poster doesn't know the answer. So instead of a "I don't know", I'd hear stuff about my flags, my country, how I can be Pakistani and all these three hour long Indian movie like stories.....how about we stick to the freaking topic and just answer fact based questions????

If others derail, I know how to put them back in their place so why make me write those posts? Just stay on the topic and answer, if you don't know enough......you didn't have to jump into a complex topic to begin with!!

Brilliant, some crap masters cheesed you off, so you decided to add your own deal to the pile. Anyway, in my quest to bring 'to forgive' a notch down to human, here's a handshake. Good luck.

Being an Aerospace engineer at Pratt, I can tell you for sure that India would have developed its Single crystal blade indigenously. No company or country parts with such technology...even to allies. Even when Pratt works with someone like Rolls Royce (from another NATO member), we normally completely segregate the sections of the engine in the collaboration. We have a good idea of our strengths and weaknesses in various fields....but how we get to those strengths and weaknesses is something we guard to the extreme from each other....much less non - NATO countries.

There is a lot of literature out these regarding the very basic idea of it, but turning this into something workable and efficient (both production and quality of product) is what you throw the brain and man hours at.

There may have been returnees to India (its diaspora after all has many people in all kinds of advanced fields) that might have played a role in coordinating, organizing and accelerating the process....but I have no doubt the bulk of the work was still done by local "bulk" R&D.

We already have SCBs,in fact there are companies making it in Bangalore!
Now I'm not from structures hence can't tell you anything about its characteristics

We already have SCBs,in fact there are companies making it in Bangalore!
Now I'm not from structures hence can't tell you anything about its characteristics

Do these companies in Bangalore produce for local gas turbines or do they export as well?

I think it was for kaveri, but MIDHANI corp as well makes it- MIDHANI manufactures DMRL products actually

I have heard of a collaboration between HAL and BHEL to develop a next generation commercial gas turbine using the various technological advancements brought by the Kaveri engine program. Definitely SCB and TBC can be used to improve and expand the range of BHEL gas turbines in both raw power, service life, MTBO and turbine efficiency...without resorting to importing these parts from say Germany (which I think is the current source).

This will improve immediate competitiveness of BHEL gas turbines...and also be a fruitful step for an indian commercial jet engine. Kaveri should be used as a springboard for strong economic and technological advancement of Indian gas turbine prowess.

I have heard of a collaboration between HAL and BHEL to develop a next generation commercial gas turbine using the various technological advancements brought by the Kaveri engine program. Definitely SCB and TBC can be used to improve and expand the range of BHEL gas turbines in both raw power, service life, MTBO and turbine efficiency...without resorting to importing these parts from say Germany (which I think is the current source).

This will improve immediate competitiveness of BHEL gas turbines...and also be a fruitful step for an indian commercial jet engine. Kaveri should be used as a springboard for strong economic and technological advancement of Indian gas turbine prowess.
IMG_20150908_083539.jpg

Nilgiri, it's my own note, if you notice clearly then the root cause of instability in a is t ithe swirling flame as I explained in a few comments back.one of The trick is to place the injectors in such a Manner that probability of combustion instability is reduced(obviously I'm talking about cam annular or annular arrangement).

in fact if you see section 3 in the picture we'd ideally want the temperature of 3 to be more than 3* to reduce the stress on blades

You see the problem with Indian system is that two govt organization rarely work in synchronization with each other unless until there is a leading figure like kotaramanna,kalam etc. All I can say is the lessons learnt from kaveri will be definitely applied on MANEK

View attachment 254713

Nilgiri, it's my own note, if you notice clearly then the root cause of instability in a is t ithe swirling flame as I explained in a few comments back.one of The trick is to place the injectors in such a Manner that probability of combustion instability is reduced(obviously I'm talking about cam annular or annular arrangement).

in fact if you see section 3 in the picture we'd ideally want the temperature of 3 to be more than 3* to reduce the stress on blades

You see the problem with Indian system is that two govt organization rarely work in synchronization with each other unless until there is a leading figure like kotaramanna,kalam etc. All I can say is the lessons learnt from kaveri will be definitely applied on MANEK

Hmm, well put. Yes an annular combustion is the way to go for quite a long time now in modern designs. I didn't think the level of dissonance was this bad previously on something so fundamental. On top of the leadership problem, I wonder how much was lower order common sense people unwilling/unable to speak up to introducing common sense/practical improvements quickly and efficiently. For example there is a whole research division in Pratt where one of my friends works that looks at exactly what you described in the flame instability/chamber resonance post and they are coming up with all kinds of next generation multi-annular designs and configurations that at one point was just a simple proposal by a junior engineer many ages ago. There are significant improvements in fuel efficiency, pollution and engine life and performance to be had....thats why newer engines keep getting better and better as time goes by even though the basic concept has not changed regarding their theory of operation.

There needs to be that level of branching out and the level of human resource and initiative under good leadership that knows when to intervene and when to watch from afar. I am sure India will get rolling into this philosophy in the manufacturing side and research side....seeing how it has tasted success in the IT/service side.

@Horus @waz @Oscar please clean this thread it has gone way :offpost:

Sorry about that, there is some interesting content collected in this thread now...so I would request it to not be deleted for future reference etc... maybe move to another thread if mods so desire.

I will desist from continuing the off topic stuff this point hence in this thread. Sorry again.

No idea how it all started tbh.

Lets not get too excited.

Google Earth is no source. I haven't even seen any picture in this thread till now.

Lets wait and see if this is actually true or not.

TBH: Pakistan's nuclear-missile program seems still since past 10 decades. Yes, few things here and there..but as I said, it seems still since a decade or so now.

I think b/c we can strike the targets that we only need/want to in the event of war and we already have the ability to launch by sea, air and land.

nuclear program gets it's fair share but counter-insurgency is the main priority at present

I
I think b/c we can strike the targets that we only need/want to in the event of war and we already have the ability to launch by sea, air and land.

nuclear program gets it's fair share but counter-insurgency is the main priority at present
i dont think so we have the ability to strike all possible targets ... We must have ability to target mainland of any of the future agressor or atleast ability to target aircraft carrier like df21 .... Look at iraq which was of the impression of usa as his ally but they destroyyed iraq .... Pakistan should nit kept itself in the same illusion ... Who knows tomorrow there is another 9/11 and this time they name pakistan ... We should have all the assets to keep our enemies at bay

Just like nuclear threshold is keeping indians away otherwise till to date they had invaded pakistan ... Same deterrent should be for uncle sam ... We dont want to strike ... But icbm will serve as a great deterrent for defence

Back
Top Bottom