What's new

‘Pakistan schools teach Hindu hatred’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could Have: Yes
And therein lies the bias, a subtle one.

However, like I said, a Pakistani textbook can't be blamed for having a Pakistani perspective. As an Indian textbook will have an Indian perspective which as Andross already said, they do have.
That particular paragraph goes beyond just telling the Pak side of the horror story of Partition. That is what I referred to as soft pedaling a subtle bias against Hindus.

I am glad that you are finally acknowledging that such bias exists in Pak books, although, your attempt at justifying such bias is, well, unfortunate.
Andross clearly stated that he read that hostilities were started by Muslims and that Hindu Militias were set up to protect the people. Do you honestly think that a minority can orchestrate a massacre of 4 million people ?
Indian perspective, yes ?
Some more rationalization. ICSE books are available online. You can download and read when you can spare some time.

Finally a sane comment...yes agreed on this,but the responsibility of further explanation lies upon the school teacher and in my experience they did explain this to me when i was at school.

I disagree. Further explanation is the clarify what is stated and not to repackage it and present a contrarian view. You are losing your own argument by saying that the teacher has to go further and explain a shocking opinion.

In addition to that, I have to admit something, & I think Pakistanis would agree with me. Muslims had a fear that they would be dominated by the Hindus, & after ruling the Indian subcontinent for over 700 years, & even though Mangal Pandey was instrumental in the Indian Mutiny 1857, it was the Muslims that had to face the brunt of it from the British over the coming decades.

Thanks for your post.

I don't want to comment on the rest of the stuff, but about the Mangal Pandey thing, I would have to disagree with you. Why do you think that all the People of Indian origin, in Fiji, Mauritius, Guyana, Suriname are all from our Bihar and UP and specifically from Bhojpur region?

Most of the soldiers who mutinied were from our region and they got deported, exiled as bonded labor. So to say that Hindus didn't get punished is wrong in my opinion.

I disagree. Further explanation is the clarify what is stated and not to repackage it and present a contrarian view. You are losing your own argument by saying that the teacher has to go further and explain a shocking opinion.

anyway,back to the subject...All this does not amount to hate mongering..
If someone chooses to learn hate from history,its their choice...and teaching history is not wrong.

Thanks for your post.

I don't want to comment on the rest of the stuff, but about the Mangal Pandey thing, I would have to disagree with you. Why do you think that all the People of Indian origin, in Fiji, Mauritius, Guyana, Suriname are all from our Bihar and UP and specifically from Bhojpur region?

Most of the soldiers who mutinied were from our region and they got deported, exiled as bonded labor. So to say that Hindus didn't get punished is wrong in my opinion.

No, of course a lot of Hindus did get punished. But Hindus quickly made up their image in the eyes of the British, whereas the suffering of the Muslims was much more prolonged, & they were distraught & paralyzed by the fact that they went from 700 year rulers to "down in the pit" (& their confusion was prolonged by the split in Muslim psyche, the Deobandi-Aligarh situation). The Hindus were not as paralyzed or traumatized like the Muslims were.

i wonder who taught this girl? must be a muslim...
13 yr old Hindu girl speaks out against Anti-India forces at a VHP rally - YouTube

She is against Pakistan. She could be indoctrinated, brain washed but whats wrong in a 13 year old saying all this when suicide bombers in Pakistan cause more damage at a much younger age?
More venom and real action is in Pakistan where men raise funds to fight India.

we are talking about education and text books let us stick to that.

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

No, of course a lot of Hindus did get punished. But Hindus quickly made up their image in the eyes of the British, whereas the suffering of the Muslims was much more prolonged, & they were distraught & paralyzed by the fact that they went from 700 year rulers to "down in the pit" (& their confusion was prolonged by the split in Muslim psyche, the Deobandi-Aligarh situation). The Hindus were not as paralyzed or traumatized like the Muslims were.

And do you have any source to back this up that can be verified or neutral?

Hi Zero, did u do schooling from Pakistan by correspondence while sitting in Uganda, and going through Indian school books as well???

BECAUSE
1. U know that ALL Indians are pure teachers of hate!
2. U know the general opinion and public perception (of Uganda???:rofl:)
3. Even when Shadow_Hunter made a sensible post and stated the correct thing, u ended up saying that stupid hero-villain statement....
4. U being a pious Muslim and a true Pakistani, are full of love and justice... and still U HATE Indians (for whatever reason u want to justify to yourself..), and also u treat Ghazni and Ghori as heroes!!! while they were the "outsiders" who attacked your ancestors' motherland u call that India or Pakistan or Timbaktu) and they killed and maimed lakhs

5. One last thing regardi(whether ng the religion issue, if tomorrow a "Muslim" Army from Iran attacks and kills a Pakistani Army unit comprising lets say pakistani Christians, then whom will u praise.. ???If u have doubts in answering this question, plz RE-READ my 4th point...

May be Your teacher also teach that.... Oh! such a comments without any background only prove you fool.... How can you say those were Our ancesters. :cheesy:

She is against Pakistan. She could be indoctrinated, brain washed but whats wrong in a 13 year old saying all this when suicide bombers in Pakistan cause more damage at a much younger age?
More venom and real action is in Pakistan where men raise funds to fight India.

She is not only talking about Pakistan/Muslims, she also talked about "Isaayon" (Christians) at the start, & bombs related to both.

anyway,back to the subject...All this does not amount to hate mongering..
If someone chooses to learn hate from history,its their choice...and teaching history is not wrong.

How convenient. If a kid is bombarded with anti-hindu ideas through his schooling he will sub-consciously believe it and will without any second thought use such ideas to guide his actions;

Teaching history is not wrong, teaching history the wrong way is definitely wrong.

And do you have any source to back this up that can be verified or neutral?

Well, it is a matter of feelings/perception. The Muslims had lost their 700 year control over the region, many feared that the Hindus might try to get back at them at some point, so there was insecurity there. The Muslim community (& its sentiments) was at its lowest ebb, it was divided on the Deobandi-Aligarh (radical-secular) approaches/lines. It was traumatized & paralyzed, & needed to recover from the humiliation, falling from grace (leadership of the region) to their lowest ebb.

where did pakistan come in this conversation???? we were talking about invaders, apparently u did find any good argument so now u are trying to divert the topic......

Nope! Not a diversion... If I try directly to prove them our hero then you will directly reject it ... cuz you already have a view against them. There is no point of brain-washed neither i'm using any diversion... You hate Pakistan so similarly you hate our Heros.. Like Your preception about M. Ali Jinnah must be different frm us and same our preceptions about Nehru are different frm you..

Is that the reason muslims cant get flats in India???

So where they are living ?? On the street ?? We have Muslim presidents who lived in the biggest house of the this country.

Well, it is a matter of feelings. The Muslims had lost their 700 year control over the region, many feared that the Hindus might try to get back at them at some point, so there was insecurity there. The Muslim community (& its sentiments) was at its lowest ebb, it was divided on the Deobandi-Aligarh (radical-secular) approaches/lines. It was traumatized & paralyzed, & needed to recover from the humiliation, falling from grace (leadership of the region) to their lowest ebb.

:rofl: Seriously, you are saying that during independence movement, Muslims were victimised ? How ? And you talk of 700 years but tell me how many studied history then. Less than 30% of the population was educated. You have repeated this all along and you cant produce one reference from a source taht can be validated or is neutral.

I rest my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom