What's new

‘Pakistan schools teach Hindu hatred’

Status
Not open for further replies.
we are not dumb idiots and stop treating us as such..
we can differentiate between history and whats happening now..
we are aware that hindu child in Pskistan is not a hindu oppressor...

Yeah right. Your hate for Hindus is quite obvious. Pakistani Education system has taught you well.

Once again I find it hard to believe that everyone is taught from Oxford Univeristy Press books and every school prescribes them.

This book is now used by most of the well run schools.

Could Have: Yes
However, like I said, a Pakistani textbook can't be blamed for having a Pakistani perspective. As an Indian textbook will have an Indian perspective which as Andross already said, they do have.
Andross clearly stated that he read that hostilities were started by Muslims and that Hindu Militias were set up to protect the people. Do you honestly think that a minority can orchestrate a massacre of 4 million people ?
Indian perspective, yes ?

When did i say this? :eek:

Once again I find it hard to believe that everyone is taught from Oxford Univeristy Press books and every school prescribes them.

The book is subsidized, costs about 60 rupees, policy initiated by Pervez Musharraf. Everyone does study from this book, as it is printed in Pakistan.

you have been brainwashed :rolleyes:

Yes booo yaaay..Be very afraid of me..
I izh koming to get yeh :cheesy:

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Yeah right. Your hate for Hindus is quite obvious. Pakistani Education system has taught you well.

you are only repeating yourself with one liners now.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

muslim-hate+poster.jpg

Incorrect, classes 6 to 8th are taught a book published by the Oxford University Press, I doubt they would allow this stuff to be published.
Sample:
9780195775983.jpg

Forgot to ask you, is Social Studies and History the same in Pakistan?

Is the same textbook used for both History and Social Studies?

I think its more a case of understanding peoples religion be that Hinduism or Islam it could be misconceptions that could be cleared up very easily such as the issue of Caste or Sati as mentioned here for example

all these are historical facts...whats wrong with teaching them?

No they are not, it is your opinion and the Author's. If the Author stated these "facts" as his/her opinion, it would have been better. Instead, what he/she is doing is forcing that opinion on the student.

For example: "The foundation os Hindu set up was based on injustice and cruelty". Instead, maybe explain the cast system and it's effects, let the children make up their own minds.

Forgot to ask you, is Social Studies and History the same in Pakistan?

Is the same textbook used for both History and Social Studies?

Yes, Social Studies includes topics relating to History and Geography in one book.

Please Bilal don't try to justify it.

No, I'm not trying to justify it. It was a wrong & poorly structured sentenced. It was extremely poorly thought out, & offensive.

But if you really want to know a bit more about why that might have been said, you have to understand that Islam did a lot to mitigate & eradicate slavery, & the caste system is a bit opposite to that.

In addition to that, I have to admit something, & I think Pakistanis would agree with me. Muslims had a fear that they would be dominated by the Hindus, & after ruling the Indian subcontinent for over 700 years, & even though Mangal Pandey was instrumental in the Indian Mutiny 1857, it was the Muslims that had to face the brunt of it from the British over the coming decades.

Post-1857 lead to a pensive approach from Indian Muslims (who were distraught for facing the consequences of 1857), which resulted in two different streamlined approaches. The first one was the hardline Deobandi approach (the Muslims who felt they had lost their status because they deviated from Islam), the other was the secular approach (Aligarh formed by Sir Syed Ahmed Khan, who felt Muslims needed to adapt with time & changes to prosper). But it was felt amongst Muslims that they would be remain downtrodden, & dominated by the Hindus in the eyes of the British.

Let me tell you something very interesting. All Pakistani books shower praise on Sir Syed Ahmed Khan's secular approach, & the Deobandi radicals were condemned. They were especially condemned in Pakistani books for opposing the formation of Pakistan.

Please Bilal don't try to justify it.

yes ok..agreed...we should not discuss these topics in this thread,that will derail thread..
But the point is that these things are historical facts and cannot be shoved under the carpet.If children are told history,its ok...
But if somebody is dumb enough to hate hindus on the basis of history or cultural issues,its just their own personal action..Islam did not tell them to do so,neither did teaching history was meant for this.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/current-events-social-issues/139561-pakistan-schools-teach-hindu-hatred-8.html#post2271037

dude, the para u quoted still contradicts what we know, according to u mass murders were started by hindu extremists, we are taught that they were started in pakistan and hindus started them to avenge them......u cannot prove me right or wrong conclusively.....

It's just misconceptions about people's religions and a lack of understanding it's like once i was talking to one english guy he ask me why i pray to cow etc :D like Safiz mentioned about caste system but was he aware the UK/France had a similar system?

No they are not, it is your opinion and the Author's. If the Author stated these "facts" as his/her opinion, it would have been better. Instead, what he/she is doing is forcing that opinion on the student.

For example: "The foundation os Hindu set up was based on injustice and cruelty". Instead, maybe explain the cast system and it's effects, let the children make up their own minds.

Finally a sane comment...yes agreed on this,but the responsibility of further explanation lies upon the school teacher and in my experience they did explain this to me when i was at school.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/current-events-social-issues/139561-pakistan-schools-teach-hindu-hatred-8.html#post2271037

dude, the para u quoted still contradicts what we know, according to u mass murders were started by hindu extremists, we are taught that they were started in pakistan and hindus started them to avenge them......u cannot prove me right or wrong conclusively.....

Clutching straws ? Common, how far can you go to save an argument and not see what is the real truth. I am not the one saying this but many scholars in Pakistan are saying the same. The youtube is filled with interviews of people who are living in Pakistan and do not think highly of the content in the texts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom