What's new

‘Pakistan schools teach Hindu hatred’

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dear lord, this is not an extract from my nephews book. The Punjab Textbook one was, this was a completely unrelated extract from another book, not my nephew's book.

:lol: Sorry my bad.

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

portraying a young innocent child as a terrorist and splashing his picture round the world....
WHAT ELSE IS HATE MONGERING?

Where did they portray him as a terrorist:confused:

@Kakgeta honest question for you. Does any of the text books in Pakistan teach negative about other religion?
Let us not focus too much on events related to Partition since it will be non conclusive.

exactly, wats ur point in picking up a para from a completely random book???

Because you said that you are taught that muslims started hostilities and Hindu's formed militias in response to those attacks and I couldn't prove you right or wrong. So I posted a neutral source which states that large-scale hostilities were initiated by the non-Muslims in anger over the partition of Punjab to prove that I could infact prove you right or wrong.
Get it ?
Or should I write an essay to explain this post as well ?

Pakistanis are trying to prove that hindus hate muslims and Indians trying to prove that muslims hate hindus.Whatever it may be humanity lose.

@Kakgeta honest question for you. Does any of the text books in Pakistan teach negative about other religion?
Let us not focus too much on events related to Partition since it will be non conclusive.

No, the last thing we need is another Zia generation to screw Pakistan more than it is right now.
Infact, our course has a dedicated chapter at each stage that draws parallels between different religions and teaches that all religions focus on the same core issues. These parallels focus more on Christianity and Judaism, I must admit. However, Pakistan Studies books are very big on two issues.
1) Propagating the concept of being Pakistani regardless of race or culture.
2) Propagating the concept of being Pakistani regardless of religion.

dont tell me that muslims like hindus specially the pakistani muslims,every other thread i come across in this forum has hatered for hindus

No, the last thing we need is another Zia generation to screw Pakistan more than it is right now.
Infact, our course has a dedicated chapter at each stage that draws parallels between different religions and teaches that all religions focus on the same core issues. These parallels focus more on Christianity and Judaism, I must admit. However, Pakistan Studies books are very big on two issues.

Why are you just focussing on Pakistan Studies book? There is history and social science too.

You said you are from Punjab right?

Here's something which you could probably verify quite easily,

”The anti-Islamic forces are always trying to finish the Islamic domination of the world,” read one passage from social studies text being taught to Grade 4 students in Punjab province, the country’s most populated. ”This can cause danger for the very existence of Islam. Today, the defense of Pakistan and Islam is very much in need.”

dont tell me that muslims like hindus specially the pakistani muslims,every other thread i come across in this forum has hatered for hindus

No, it's more like "hatred" for/rivalry with Indians. Nothing to do with Hindus. Pakistani Hindus are extremely patriotic, & we are extremely proud of them, despite the difficulties they've had to face.

But i am someone who went to school in Zia's era,i read all those religios material taught to us,but i fail to remember anything that specifically asked us to "Hate" non musloims....
Hating Sins and Disbeleif in Allah is taught,but in a different context which is not teaching us to Hate the Human being..

You make some valid points and let me tell you where I stand.

The text books in Pakistan were manipulated by politicians.. I suggest that most posting on this thread have a look at the description of "the Murder of history" by KK aziz.

Why are you just focussing on Pakistan Studies book? There is history and social science too.

You said you are from Punjab right?

Here's something which you could probably verify quite easily,

History and Social Studies are a part of the Pakistan Studies course, and I am having trouble verifying the highlighted part because surprisingly, Social Studies is not a subject in Pakistani schools until grade 6th !

That's a tribal dispute, nothing to do with religion. Such disputes are sadly, quite common in Rural Sindh where Feudal culture still prevails.

You can't say that when the own Pakistani hindu council have recieved threats that attacks on hindus will take place it turns into communal tension.

Kumar said the Hindu community had sought protection from police after receiving anonymous calls threatening them with “serious consequences”.

But i am someone who went to school in Zia's era,i read all those religios material taught to us,but i fail to remember anything that specifically asked us to "Hate" non musloims....
Hating Sins and Disbeleif in Allah is taught,but in a different context which is not teaching us to Hate the Human being..

Same here, however, Islamic supremacy was taught in the course at the time. Still, no ill words for any culture or religion though................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom