What's new

‘Pakistan schools teach Hindu hatred’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, there are a lot of reports but very few references, being an analyst, I know this report is written by an analyst based on other reports by other analysts and probably none of them even set foot on Pakistani soil on a fact-finding mission. How can I say that this report is conclusive when the author hasn't been to Pakistan, hasn't went through our course and hasn't studied in our schools ?
I have done all three and I can confidently say that there is NO HATE BEING TAUGHT AGAINST ANYONE IN OUR SCHOOLS.

Well if you read the first news report posted on the thread, it says that they reviewed 100 textbooks, and says that they visited Pakistan in February.

I hope the report is wrong and what you are saying is right, and I hope Pakistani media or the Government will address and clarify the issue.

these again are claims of your textbooks, our textbooks tell a completely different story.....u can't prove anything on basis of these textbooks...

IT'S AN EXTRACT FROM A BOOK PUBLISHED BY THE YALE UNIVERSITY PRESS!
HOW IS THAT A PAKISTANI TEXTBOOK ?
CONSIDER GOOGLING THE NAME OF THE BOOK I'M QUOTING FOR GOD SAKE!

So are you saying that this news about Pakistani books spewing hate against Hindu is totally wrong and made up?

Any religion,or for that matter of fact,any law or written guidance is open to different interpretations....take your pick.

Well if you read the first news report posted on the thread, it says that they reviewed 100 textbooks, and says that they visited Pakistan in February.

I hope the report is wrong and what you are saying is right, and I hope Pakistani media or the Government will address and clarify the issue.

Indeed, and I was quick to point out that the first report fails to produce even one reference from those 100 books which will help sustain the argument that Pakistani Textbooks are indeed preaching hate towards other cultures and Hindus in particular.

When I studied in Pakistan, we read from a history book from Peter Moss, for Pakistan-India as well as international history. Most of the lies in these reports I have never even heard of in my life.

IT'S AN EXTRACT FROM A BOOK PUBLISHED BY THE YALE UNIVERSITY PRESS!
HOW IS THAT A PAKISTANI TEXTBOOK ?
CONSIDER GOOGLING THE NAME OF THE BOOK I'M QUOTING FOR GOD SAKE!

How many school kids in Pakistan use text book from Yale University?

You nephew most probably goes to some posh school. Is this book prescribed in Government schools as well?

Those who wrote the article didn't even touch a book or enter Pakistan's schools.
Read the psot by Kakgeta. It explains everything. Neither have you been to a school in Pakistan so how can you say that?

Is there a copy of the textbook available we could read? to determine what was said

It's a Pakistani textbook, obviously it is bound to view the incidents of 1947 from a Pakistani perspective.
However, it does not preach hatred against Hindus as said over and over again, does it ?
Yes it does. It clearly identifies Hindus as 'extremists' while Muslims as victims. The particular para is conditioning the impressionable minds to think of Hindus in a particular unflattering manner while subtly instilling a sense of victimhood.

It doesn't call for their destruction, or persecution of minorities in revenge for 1947 as posted by many, does it ?
It doesn't have to, nor does it need to.

How many school kids in Pakistan use text book from Yale University?

You nephew most probably goes to some posh school. Is this book prescribed in Government schools as well?

My dear lord, this is not an extract from my nephews book. The Punjab Textbook one was, this was a completely unrelated extract from another book, not my nephew's book.

Pretty big claim.

I doubt US government would go around releasing such reports based on lies. These things are easily verifiable and media would take it apart if that was the case. At least I would expect the Pakistani media to do so.

Now only of someone could get a hand on the report.

arton2377.jpg

Press Releases - USCIRF

portraying a young innocent child as a terrorist and splashing his picture round the world....
WHAT ELSE IS HATE MONGERING?
After seeing all this,a western mind will see any of our children as "POTENTIAL TERRORIST" who is growing up to kill them....Now that is promoting inter faith harmony isnt it?

dont be the buyer of negative propaganda ramu.

There is nothing so in our text books, if there is any please share with evidence.

Give some time to read last sermon of our prophet which is in every of our islamiyat text book. In that sermon it was categorically stated that there is dominance of one on another.

The objective of Pakistan's education policy has been defined thus in the preface to a Class 6 book: "Social studies have been given special importance in educational policy so that Pakistan's basic ideology assumes the shape of a way of life, its practical enforcement is assured, the concept of social uniformity adopts a practical form and the whole personality of the individual is developed." This statement leaves no doubt that "social uniformity", not national unity, is a part of Pakistan's basic ideology. Moving on...

The Class 5 book has this original discovery about Hindu help to bring British rule to India: "The British had the objective to take over India and to achieve this, they made Hindus join them and Hindus were very glad to side with the British. After capturing the subcontinent, the British began on the one hand the loot of all things produced in this area, and on the other, in conjunction with Hindus, to greatly suppress the Muslims."

The Std VIII book says, "Their (Muslim saints) teachings dispelled many superstitions of the Hindus and reformed their bad practices. Thereby Hindu religion of the olden times came to an end."

According to a Class 5 book, "In 1965, the Pakistani army conquered several areas of India, and when India was on the point of being defeated, she requested the United Nations to arrange a ceasefire. After 1965, India, with the help of Hindus living in East Pakistan, instigated the people living there against the people of West Pakistan, and finally invaded East Pakistan in December 1971. The conspiracy resulted in the separation of East Pakistan from us. All of us should receive military training and be prepared to fight the enemy."

Please note that what is quoted is verbatim from the text book. You asked for proof and here you have it.

:cheers:

My dear lord, this is not an extract from my nephews book. The Punjab Textbook one was, this was a completely unrelated extract from another book, not my nephew's book.

exactly, wats ur point in picking up a para from a completely random book???

Yes it does. It clearly identifies Hindus as 'extremists' while Muslims as victims. The particular para is conditioning the impressionable minds to think of Hindus in a particular unflattering manner while subtly instilling a sense of victimhood.

It doesn't have to, neither does it need to.

It also points out that many Hindus and Sikhs tried to protect the fleeing muslims and in the process had to bear stigmatism and other forms of persecutions, it does not say which side was greater in number(other than in the Congress part, intended to show the Muslim's political isolation), so how can you say that it identifies Hindus as extremists alone ? I could say that it identifies them as protectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom