What's new

Pakistan says soldier killed by Indian forces in Kashmir

We should put up signboards saying that those who cross the LOC must be prepared to come face to face with death.

do you have any proves of your claims that cross LOC infiltration is in increase? or y ou are just another typical bharti....

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

lol 'bleed India with a thousand cuts' we dont need to do that now, indians are doing it themselve i can see some really good news from eastern part of india :) as far as IOK , we will take this war in you capital like yesterday ... :)

Post reported........
Supporting Terrorist strikes on innocent...........
Pity On you and your school of thoughts

Guys it’s a disputed territory and both armies are deployed there against each other. I have my self been to many fronts along the LoC and have fired at Indian positions where 4 Rajput was deployed back in 1999.
There is no point in complaining about this incident as the incidents of sniping and machine gun fire are not unheard.
A ceasefire is agreed but its not mandatory on either parties. They respect it as long as it suits them. Normally things get hot when either side tries to establish new bunkers or positions. Its starts with machine gun fire and mortars and can escalate to heavy machine run fire and in some occasions howitzers are also involved but only if there is some heavy and aggressive movement.

Back in 1999, I visited an injured caption in CHM who got hit by shrapnel from mortar shell while he was deployed with my cousin in Bhimber sector. Both his legs were amputated and he accepted it as a an eventuality. He had been doing the same to Indians when he as directing his fire on their positions.

The thing is, the only causality here in the web are our bruised egos when one taunts the other but the consequences for these guys on either side are very serious and very real. Guys who spend time on the front and come in contact with the other side have great respect for each other. They don’t have times for the tantrums we post about each other.

Peace with Pakistan at this moment doesn’t fit the Indian army’s strategic planning and they as true enemy want to keep Pakistan forces under pressure while its engaged with an insurgency for over a decade now. Therefore we see that no matter what party forms the government in India, any solution, be it Kashmir, Siachin or sir-creek is impossible when any bilateral progress between the two movements is stalled because of the Indian Army’s opposition to any such move.

So shortly, expect to see more incidents like these that can escalate to small skirmishes to even something bigger, followed by flagstaff meetings and temporary ceasefire and then back to the same incidents again.

hello dear sir, but indians constantly complain and cry about 'indian soldiers' being killed, i think regardless of taking into account of bharati behavious you are being extra neutral and humble

Officers from our armed forces do not issue a firing order unless they can confirm aggressive maneuvering from the Pakistani side. When confirmed the maneuvering is exclusively to support infiltrators, Indian forces spare no change.

[/COLOR]
WHICH GREAT NATION ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? AND KEEP UR SOLDIERS A KILOMETER AWAY FROM LOC OR ARRANGE SOME EMERFENCY SERVICE TO RESCUE THEM WHEN WE WILL COME TO PUSH THEM BACK........

off topic....sorry...just to clear something out.......why do you call your self as alpha "loin?" hope you correct it

Thanks for your post and I respect your disagreement with my bolded part. I will have a read about Kyani’s alleged disagreement, although I will look it up but will appreciate if you can pass me the link, I have unfortunately missed that news. But indeed there are many reports about Indian Army being a hurdle in the peace process.

I also respect your comment about Indian civilian government being able to control the army no the other way round and having a continuous democratic governments is just an example to see that. What happens behind the scenes is well its all guess work and I have my own take and I don’t force it on yourself or others.

Peaceful resolution shows moral and physical strength and maturity among the counter parties not the cowardice. We, the people of this subcontinent deserve a peaceful and harmonious life without threat just like the Europeans are now enjoying. But like I said there are hurdles and it is challenging to achieve the peace but we both desire it.

It is only polite to provide you with reference to support my comment like I asked you for one. It is from Dawn news ( which is a Pakistani paper) but has links to the original content of the diplomatic cables.

Indian army hurdle in way of Siachen solution | Pakistan-Papers | DAWN.COM

Before the discussion gets dragged into a moral argument of who is preventing peace and who isn’t, I must say that my comment was just a judgement over the Indian army, they are very much part of the Indian state and they have their stake and say just like Pakistan army has in Pakistan. Whether their influence supports any permanent resolution and solution of our core disagreements is something that is debatable.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

thanks I am reading this through, you posted before I could post my reply. so ignore my request in my earlier post

Appreciate your reply , will respond later , got work now.

Thanks for your post and I respect your disagreement with my bolded part. I will have a read about Kyani’s alleged disagreement, although I will look it up but will appreciate if you can pass me the link, I have unfortunately missed that news. But indeed there are many reports about Indian Army being a hurdle in the peace process.

I also respect your comment about Indian civilian government being able to control the army no the other way round and having a continuous democratic governments is just an example to see that. What happens behind the scenes is well its all guess work and I have my own take and I don’t force it on yourself or others.

Peaceful resolution shows moral and physical strength and maturity among the counter parties not the cowardice. We, the people of this subcontinent deserve a peaceful and harmonious life without threat just like the Europeans are now enjoying. But like I said there are hurdles and it is challenging to achieve the peace but we both desire it.

It is only polite to provide you with reference to support my comment like I asked you for one. It is from Dawn news ( which is a Pakistani paper) but has links to the original content of the diplomatic cables.

Indian army hurdle in way of Siachen solution | Pakistan-Papers | DAWN.COM

Before the discussion gets dragged into a moral argument of who is preventing peace and who isn’t, I must say that my comment was just a judgement over the Indian army, they are very much part of the Indian state and they have their stake and say just like Pakistan army has in Pakistan. Whether their influence supports any permanent resolution and solution of our core disagreements is something that is debatable.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

thanks I am reading this through, you posted before I could post my reply. so ignore my request in my earlier post

They went through the deadliest wars, and saw what it felt like getting bombed at your front lawn, and what it feels like to sleep in underground tube stations. They dont go warmongering because they know the true consequences.

We have not yet witnessed such a thing in Indo-Pak wars, the big cities are bombed at night, the populace does not get sleeples nights because of shells in their streets. Lahoriyas see the fireworks with a smile !. Now what is happening in FATA is the true story, people getting displaced, and hence, there will be a realization that war is not the best thing. We are getting this realization , although it is in it's infancy, but when will India get it?

next time i dont want to hear that our brave soldier martyred without killing the enemies......next time if they fire then teach them a lesson..........
I salute the guardians of my country
Pak army zindabad :pakistan:

Indians getting a little trigger happy these days, taking advantage of the situation of our country. I'm sure Pak Army has plans for revenge already.

next time i dont want to hear that our brave soldier martyred without killing the enemies......next time if they fire then teach them a lesson..........
I salute the guardians of my country
Pak army zindabad :pakistan:

Some one like you in India may simply be thinking that finally Indian army has started teaching Pakistani army a lesson.. Its a vicious circle mate..

Appreciate your reply , will respond later , got work now.

Quotes from the wikileak about Kyani
Miliband thought the remaining obstacle was Pakistani military chief staff general Kayani; he remained 'reluctant' and needed to be persuaded," the cable said.
Furthermore

But the cable does not clarify Miliband's view of Gen Kayani or details of the latter's reluctance. The cable also does not clarify that Gen Kayani's reluctance was about the deal struck by Zardari and Singh and not about resolution of the Kashmir issue

You see, this is what it is ------- an opinion, a thought---- it is not necessarily a fact
Seondly do note that the Pak army chief might be questioning the way both manmohan and Zardari are dealing with the problem. Not the resolution itself.
Of course we both have same laws and give people the benefit of doubt don’t we? Imagine for a second in a hypothetical way, Zardari says that Pakistan will agree to peace if India hands over Gurdaspur and all those bordering towns that had Muslim majority at the time of partition but were marked incorrectly by Radcliff and cursed the two new nations for decades of grief, anguish and animosity.
Now if either the Indian government or the Indian army dismisses such demand should anyone blame it for doing so? Likewise if we hypothesise that India conditions the resolution of Kashmir on the bases that Toba taksingh be handed over for its historical significance and then the Pak army and government refuses such demand and gets blamed for stalling the process…
Yes the examples are excessive but just putting a point across that sometimes resolutions are offered with conditions so unfriendly and unfair that it doesn’t leave one party with any option but to leave in protest and still get the blame for walking away.

Pakistan army and its high command not favouring peace with India is a far from truth because for good over 30 years it has been ruled by military too and the peace initiatives have taken place on during military rule and the civilian rule too. Shimla accord between Ayub and Sharstri just being one such example.

Now I must respond to my fellow members who are questing my lighter tone in the face of boisterous bravado by some Indian members just because this time the causality is Pakistani soldier. My reason to enter the debate and say the way I said it was to tone down the attitude of the wasteful one-liners.

As for the posters who are terming it as a consequence of crossing the LOC and feeling all smug about it well be prepared for the response in kind or many time when next time the casualties are Indians. Don’t place your bets on it that it would never happen because it is unavoidable. Both forces have to adjust and move their positions whether the border is hot or if there is ceasefire holding.

The border is such that there are places where we have the advantage and in some Indians have the advantage and when their one post is pinning down our guys in one area, our other posts return the favour by pounding on the exposed Indian positions and only stop when the Indians see sense. We normally verbally warn them when we see them digging new positions or fire warning shots to stop them if we see their new possible positions as threat to our troops and if they continue then valleys rattle with the machine gun fire and flagstaff meetings are held to call ceasefire so that the Indians can pick up their dead. So if you have any respect for your own dead in the past or the ones that might die in the newer future, please avoid the flaming. Its not a joke, its not cricket its war is a matter of life and death.

Some one like you in India may simply be thinking that finally Indian army has started teaching Pakistani army a lesson.. Its a vicious circle mate..
i damn care what people across the border think........the thing i care about is my soldiers who are protecting us day and night from the evil intention of many

lol..I know what you read in your history books...welcome to the forum...enjoy your stay while you learn more.
i am enjoying my stay on the forum............ and why dont u go and read your history....anyway before pointing your fingers at us can u tell why your leaders went to tashkund in 1965.

Our soldier didn't tried to cross the border he was in neelam valley (Azad kashmir) when died!!!

You can claim even US to be disputed for the sake of it. Usually firing is done ONLY after warning shots. You're not telling me that the Pakistani soldiers couldn't hear the warning shots before entering our side could they?

The firing was done only when there were attempts to get into our territory or leak in militants.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom