What's new

Pakistan says soldier killed by Indian forces in Kashmir

please read the news . it clearly says its been done by Taliban.

lol then you should not reference it here, i referenced yesterday blasts in india as indians are putting blame on us ....

If you come close to India border to cause terrorism in our great nation, expect to get killed, every single one. Best to keep 500 metres from the border and no one will die.
WHICH GREAT NATION ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? AND KEEP UR SOLDIERS A KILOMETER AWAY FROM LOC OR ARRANGE SOME EMERFENCY SERVICE TO RESCUE THEM WHEN WE WILL COME TO PUSH THEM BACK........

Guys it’s a disputed territory and both armies are deployed there against each other. I have my self been to many fronts along the LoC and have fired at Indian positions where 4 Rajput was deployed back in 1999.
There is no point in complaining about this incident as the incidents of sniping and machine gun fire are not unheard.
A ceasefire is agreed but its not mandatory on either parties. They respect it as long as it suits them. Normally things get hot when either side tries to establish new bunkers or positions. Its starts with machine gun fire and mortars and can escalate to heavy machine run fire and in some occasions howitzers are also involved but only if there is some heavy and aggressive movement.

Back in 1999, I visited an injured caption in CHM who got hit by shrapnel from mortar shell while he was deployed with my cousin in Bhimber sector. Both his legs were amputated and he accepted it as a an eventuality. He had been doing the same to Indians when he as directing his fire on their positions.

The thing is, the only causality here in the web are our bruised egos when one taunts the other but the consequences for these guys on either side are very serious and very real. Guys who spend time on the front and come in contact with the other side have great respect for each other. They don’t have times for the tantrums we post about each other.

Peace with Pakistan at this moment doesn’t fit the Indian army’s strategic planning and they as true enemy want to keep Pakistan forces under pressure while its engaged with an insurgency for over a decade now. Therefore we see that no matter what party forms the government in India, any solution, be it Kashmir, Siachin or sir-creek is impossible when any bilateral progress between the two movements is stalled because of the Indian Army’s opposition to any such move.

So shortly, expect to see more incidents like these that can escalate to small skirmishes to even something bigger, followed by flagstaff meetings and temporary ceasefire and then back to the same incidents again.

Guys it’s a disputed territory and both armies are deployed there against each other. I have my self been to many fronts along the LoC and have fired at Indian positions where 4 Rajput was deployed back in 1999.
There is no point in complaining about this incident as the incidents of sniping and machine gun fire are not unheard.
A ceasefire is agreed but its not mandatory on either parties. They respect it as long as it suits them. Normally things get hot when either side tries to establish new bunkers or positions. Its starts with machine gun fire and mortars and can escalate to heavy machine run fire and in some occasions howitzers are also involved but only if there is some heavy and aggressive movement.

Back in 1999, I visited an injured caption in CHM who got hit by shrapnel from mortar shell while he was deployed with my cousin in Bhimber sector. Both his legs were amputated and he accepted it as a an eventuality. He had been doing the same to Indians when he as directing his fire on their positions.

The thing is, the only causality here in the web are our bruised egos when one taunts the other but the consequences for these guys on either side are very serious and very real. Guys who spend time on the front and come in contact with the other side have great respect for each other. They don’t have times for the tantrums we post about each other.

Peace with Pakistan at this moment doesn’t fit the Indian army’s strategic planning and they as true enemy want to keep Pakistan forces under pressure while its engaged with an insurgency for over a decade now. Therefore we see that no matter what party forms the government in India, any solution, be it Kashmir, Siachin or sir-creek is impossible when any bilateral progress between the two movements is stalled because of the Indian Army’s opposition to any such move.

So shortly, expect to see more incidents like these that can escalate to small skirmishes to even something bigger, followed by flagstaff meetings and temporary ceasefire and then back to the same incidents again.

I agree with your post except for the bolded part.

First its the Civilian Govt who makes the decision not the Army as it has been for the last 64 years.

Second, Also we were very near resolving Kashmir with back channel diplomacy.

Third, If i recall reading recent wikileaks , it was Gen Kiyani who was a hurdle for solving Kashmir.

C'mon guys.. This stuff on the LOC happens every now and then. RIP to the fallen and move on.

First its the Civilian Govt who makes the decision not the Army as it has been for the last 64 years.

Third, If i recall reading recent wikileaks , it was Gen Kiyani who was a hurdle for solving Kashmir.

But who is to say that GoI (it's unlikely, I know) hasn't given IA the nod to keep the pressure on.

But who is to say that GoI (it's unlikely, I know) hasn't given IA the nod to keep the pressure on.

Doesn't serve any purpose for GOI to do so,
Besides if indeed GOI does so , it"ll be proving Pakistani argument to US that India is greater threat.

As Irfan Baloch said, it happens, it is the LOC , not the Spanish-Portugal border. Both sides fire regularly and casualties do happen, more often than not. There is no point in doing a flame throwing contest here. People were martyred, ok , they may RIP, our condolences go out to them, thats it. Why the need to have a flame war everytime a thread like this shows up.?

With the passage of time such incidents will not decrease so both sides must think over it seriously because without solution of basic conflict we can't step further in stable relations.

Thanks for your post and I respect your disagreement with my bolded part. I will have a read about Kyani’s alleged disagreement, although I will look it up but will appreciate if you can pass me the link, I have unfortunately missed that news. But indeed there are many reports about Indian Army being a hurdle in the peace process.

I also respect your comment about Indian civilian government being able to control the army no the other way round and having a continuous democratic governments is just an example to see that. What happens behind the scenes is well its all guess work and I have my own take and I don’t force it on yourself or others.

Peaceful resolution shows moral and physical strength and maturity among the counter parties not the cowardice. We, the people of this subcontinent deserve a peaceful and harmonious life without threat just like the Europeans are now enjoying. But like I said there are hurdles and it is challenging to achieve the peace but we both desire it.

It is only polite to provide you with reference to support my comment like I asked you for one. It is from Dawn news ( which is a Pakistani paper) but has links to the original content of the diplomatic cables.

Indian army hurdle in way of Siachen solution | Pakistan-Papers | DAWN.COM

Before the discussion gets dragged into a moral argument of who is preventing peace and who isn’t, I must say that my comment was just a judgement over the Indian army, they are very much part of the Indian state and they have their stake and say just like Pakistan army has in Pakistan. Whether their influence supports any permanent resolution and solution of our core disagreements is something that is debatable.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

thanks I am reading this through, you posted before I could post my reply. so ignore my request in my earlier post

Back
Top Bottom