What's new

Pakistan`s airspace being used by Nato flights (150 PER DAY): cable

If we charge NATO just $10,000 per flight over Pakistan we can have a revenue of around $550mn .

One question though. Why do they go over Pakistan when going to Afghanistan?

Just go through Europe, Turkey, then across the Mediterranean, then go through some of the western CAS, and you are in Afghanistan.

Transit through Pakistan makes no sense. But if your destination is Pakistan, then that is another thing.

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Actually they are paying Billions of dollors in the name of W.O.T.....You know what Pakistani's paying in return to them, still you want money from them?????

10 Billion USD given to Pakistan since it began, and the return we have given them. Do I need to really elaborate on that part?

The debate here is about the Cargo aircraft carrying personnel and supplies, that transit over Pak Airspace or are destined for Pak airspace.

We allow drone attacks. We let them in,

But they are part and parcel of the joint strategy of US-Pak against terrorism. The debate here is about the Cargo aircraft carrying personnel and supplies, that transit over Pak Airspace or are destined for Pak airspace.

Nato Cargo aircraft's supplies only military equipment. Anyways all the best im out of this thread.

One question though. Why do they go over Pakistan when going to Afghanistan?

Just go through Europe, Turkey, then across the Mediterranean, then go through some of the western CAS, and you are in Afghanistan.

Transit through Pakistan makes no sense. But if your destination is Pakistan, then that is another thing.

Most (almost all) the goods come by sea (facilitated by our Navy/Cargo services). From there onwards, the goods move either by land or air. They can't go via iran so the shortest route (by land & air) is through Pakistan.

Moreover, with bases across Pakistan, they obviously need to use our airspace. (A plane can't go to turkey from Shamsi and than to afghanistan.. :p )

Hence our airspace is used, and yes, I am sure we are getting $$$ for their use, but no sure if those $$$ end up in our treasury or generals/politicians pockets

excatly, none what soever

atleast you can count me out.

yes

specially if someone has the technology and intel to know where our radars are and use the blind spots + the route with the help of terrain and the stealth tech. anyone can ... us up like you put it.

unless such blind spots are covered by the glorious champions like you. take a flag and stand there with Jamat Islami or Nawaz League goons and they will never dare to use that route. problem solved.

on serious note: how do you know about our radar locations? even the other military units in the area dont know what is deployed where on the "need to know bases" so my dear how do you know? did you hear that from Capital talk or Bolta Pakistan? or did you use your charms on the Americans to share the satellite imagery with you?

People tend to think that a radar will pick up everything, anytime, anywhere, anyhow!

You cannot pick everything by radar. They have their limits, and if you know the system and radars themselves inside out, you have a big advantage.

Secondly, flights are transited over every country in the world. Civil or military. Military aircraft come and pay, so do civilian aircraft. The pay for every minute spent on Pakistani airspace and tarmac.

i know the limitation of radar and any other information about radar . . . . .

we waste a huge amount of money on army . . . . . . these blind spots can be covered with small watch parties who can see and inform the headquarter . . . i can't accept it as excuse . . . thats all

i know the limitation of radar and any other information about radar . . . . .

we waste a huge amount of money on army . . . . . . these blind spots can be covered with small watch parties who can see and inform the headquarter . . . i can't accept it as excuse . . . thats all

indeed you are right there. so what would these watch parties have and where would you station them? would they scanvage for food and gather wood to survive while on duty or will you pray for them? what you re refering to is AD forward observation posts manned by army men but they are only deployed when there is a known threat and highlighly likely attack. in that case you just move your radar from other place to that path to provide full radar coverage.

2 May attack was not done after the announcement otherwise I would have joined you in one of those "watch parties" you could have brought some dry fruit and I would have brought my brother. then we would have played cards and made some bonefire and as the crafty Americans had wizzed through we would have called Cheif Justice to take SouMoto Action.

When an international air carrier overflies a third nations' airspace while in transit between its origin and destination, it pays a fee to that nation. When the flight is commecial, cargo, unarmed military, armed military different rules/fees apply.
Similarly when nations allow commercial surface container cargo to transit their nation, fees based on miles and tonnage per axle apply.
When Mr Musharraf negotiated with US / ISAF/ NATO, his team may have sold people of Pakistan short. This will always happen if you allow unqualified personnel to negotiate key international agreements especially military men who try to run civilian agencies. If there is one lesson for Pakistan, it is to never allow unqualified military men to do business on behalf of the nation. They may be patriotic and look impeccable in their Khakis but a couple of years in Abbottabad and few years of "left-right-left" do not make international dealmakers.
The current civilian diplomats/technocrats ought to use the above said basis to come up with a point-of-departure for future negotiations. 150 transit flights and 300+ container shipments a day add up to 500-900 million in revenues. If Afghanistan is asking for 10 Billion a year for 10 years then Pakistan should look do its arithmetic accordingly.

The question why Pakistan is critical to NATO flights is because there are 5 flight paths into Afghanistan.

1. Points beyond Arabian sea (Bahrain, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Diego Garcia, Carrier groups)> Baluchistan, Pak. > Afghanistan.
2. Persian Gulf, > Iran > Afghanistan.
3. China > Afghanistan.
4. Black Sea > Georgia > Azerbaijan > Caspian > Uzbekistan > Afghanistan.
5. North America > North Pole > Russia > Uzbekistan /Tajikistan/Kyrgyzstan > Afghanistan.

Clearly routes #2 & #3 are non starters, #4 is arduously long. So only 1 and 5 are good options.

1 depends on goodwill of Pakistan
5 depends on goodwill of Putin.

So it is a US-Russia-Pakistan triangle. It is for each party to leverage its position to get the maximum advantage.

Long Long story.

The route they took, the altitude at which they flew, the pattern they chose. The growlers behind them to help them cross the border.

They most probably took the northern route, less chance of getting detected, and when you fly in between the mountains, a chopper is really hard to detect.

Sir, this means any country can go from north side and attack Pakistan?
It's gona b 70 years of our independence and Army didn't know that North side is not safe?
They chose low altitude and patterns n blah balh
who's responsible?

The flights must be reduced if not blocked and Nato planes should be given a thin corridor to Afghan airspace.

It's gona b 70 years of our independence and Army didn't know that North side is not safe?

who's responsible?

The point. We had finance so pocket was best place rather than securing borders so :coffee:

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

The flights must be reduced if not blocked and Nato planes should be given a thin corridor to Afghan airspace.

agree, there should be strict control over air corridor provided by Pakistan and give limitations to use it.

What they pay all goes to Zordari's account
lets ban NATO flights
how's the idea?;)

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

all comes in DEALS #-o

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom