What's new

Pakistan, Russia to up anti-terror cooperation

sparklingway

Reaction score

Friday, June 11, 2010

TASHKENT: President Asif Ali Zardari met his Russian and Chinese counterparts here on Thursday as Pakistan and Russia agreed to consolidate anti-terror cooperation.

In a meeting with his Russian counterpart, President Asif Ali Zardari stressed the need for consolidating cooperation in the war on terror. Russian President Dmitry Medvedev agreed to enhance cooperation to root out militancy and terrorism from the region.

The Russian president supported the inclusion of Pakistan in SCO since Pakistan is an important country in fight against terrorism and militancy.

President Zardari invited the Russian President to visit Pakistan, which he accepted. President Zardari will also be visiting Moscow next month.

President Zardari, who arrived here on Thursday, will address the summit on Friday (today).

Meanwhile, President Asif Ali Zardari and Chinese President Hu Jintao had a meeting here on Thursday and discussed matters of mutual interest.

The two leaders, who met here on the sidelines of the 10th Summit of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO), had a frank exchange of views on various issues of mutual interest.

The two sides also agreed to further deepen and strengthen their already existing multifaceted relations and cooperation in various fields for the mutual benefit of two countries.

Ask them nuclear reactor they will built you a big reactor unlike america :bunny:

Russia did build Pakistan's biggest Steel Mill. We need to have better ties with Russia.

Ask them nuclear reactor they will built you a big reactor unlike america :bunny:

Actually you are right but only if we had better relations with them........but then again how is it related to the thread?

Together we can spank those dirty dirty little terrorists.

Together a lot of countries & nations can do a lot of things for the betterment of this world and its inhabitants.

But alas, we are divided.

Hope we have better relations with Russia, as Russia is an important country in the world and Pakistan can have lot of help in different sectors through their help and hope we can be of some help also.

TASHKENT: President Asif Ali Zardari met his Russian and Chinese counterparts here on Thursday as Pakistan and Russia agreed to consolidate anti-terror cooperation.

I seems that Chinese are playing a central role in building Pakistan-Russia relations.

Good relations between Russia and Pakistan are of key importance to both nations. The Russians can open themselves to a market that is trying to distance itself from American weapons and Pakistan can benefit from Russia's know how regarding industrialization and self-sufficiency, but I think relations will improve slowly since Russia will be keen not to offend India, their long time friend and ally, but if the Indians fail to choose Mig-35 for the MRCA tender I believe that may act as a catalyst in improving Russo-Pak relations........................there's my two pence.......

bt russia already said we will nt sell our weapons to pakistan because of india

if the Indians fail to choose Mig-35 for the MRCA tender I believe that may act as a catalyst in improving Russo-Pak relations.

good point! this news may create further disturbance in the minds of indian military and GoI in choosing MRCA because whatever they choose they are in big time trouble.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom