What's new

Pakistan, Russia allies in every sense of word: Putin

Really Good news for pakistan.

But pakistan is still nowhere near sidelining indo-ruso friendship??
And i bet our indo-sino relationship is much better than Pak-ruso relationship?
And if u.s, russia and china had to choose between india and pak. All of them will choose India. China will as well [not at present but in long term definately theres is another thread for it. have a look at it bfr jumping on to any conclusion.] :)

future of asia is not china but india and china. chinese know this and they have started to respect this fact......some reason why they are agreeing to give india UNSC seat ..... this shows china want to have india as its best ally. this is for both china and india's long term betterment.

we need friendly relations with Russia based on Economic and military ties.
I guess we should rather buy S-400 Trimuf from them :lol:

Good news but bad news for the haters and trolls here you know who you are stop hating.

^^^^^^^
Guys, relations b/w countries is not a zero sum game...World has changed...Today there are talks about Russia joining the NATO Missile Defence Shield....Good relations of Russia and Pakistan does not mean Indo-Russian ties are downhill....even though i can see that pakistani media has given it a good spin yet even if we take this news on face value, i do not see anything wrong in it....

To my Pakistani friends, it will take some considerable time before Pak-Russia relations can improve at a meaningful level....though good to see Pak is trying to improve her geo-political foot print...

I think you have finished the debate right here, people need to understand that relations between countries are not zero sum. I doubt India would have any objections if Pakistan and Russia increase their trade ties. Russian investment in our energy sector would be a welcome step as we are desperate for energy.

pic05s0.jpg

DUSHANBE (Agencies) – Pakistan and Russia on Thursday expressed the resolve for enhanced cooperation against terrorism through closer interaction.
Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin held a meeting on the sidelines of the SCO Heads of Government meeting in the capital of Tajikistan.
The meeting went far beyond the scheduled time of 30 minutes during which they covered a wide range of issues, including Pakistan’s role in the war against terror, global economic recession and bilateral cooperation in diverse fields. Gilani said the total losses suffered by Pakistan against terrorism far exceeded the combined losses of the Nato troops.
Pakistan, which seeks more Russian role in the expansion of the Steel Mills, said it would welcome Russian entrepreneurs for investment.
Gilani also thanked Putin for his support in the wake of recent devastating floods and noted that since the last meeting at Beijing with Putin relations between the two countries were improving.
Putin said despite the global recession, the trade with
Pakistan had gradually started to pick up, adding that the Russian companies were keen to invest in several joint ventures with Pakistani counterparts.
Meanwhile, the Russian media reported that the two leaders also discussed the possibility of Russian companies participating in the development of oil deposits in Pakistan, the Russian PM’s press secretary Dmitry Peskov told journalists.
According to Peskov, Gilani and Putin during an in-depth conversation on bilateral economic ties, they also discussed the construction of oil and gas pipelines in the country. Furthermore, they discussed Russian companies’ participation in the modernisation of Pakistan Steel Mills.

Russia keen to develop Pak oil deposits | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

Already best friend of china,arabs..increasing ties with russia..all the while in good terms with west to get some of their best stuff.Diplomacy at it's best..

Weather India sign 50Bil$ deals or 100Bil$ deals they didn't cancel RD-93 engines, Russia and Pakistan relations not at India's expense.:smokin:

yeh hoe naa baat :rofl:

India jitna qareeb USA ke jaata hai utna qareeb Russia Pakistan ke aata hai... seems like its a magnet... that has been balanced at all times

If one nation is sidelined with other... third nation starts dealing with the fourth.... wonderful news - thanks for sharing

Oh yes, Russian investment was always welcome by Pakistanis... during 1970s and in 2000s

Thanks to India's latest friendship with USA that brought us closer to Russia and made us deals easy indirectly from Chinese sources

Its no longer a secret that the Russian companies are willing to invest in Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline too and they are willing to fund it so its a long way to go for the new Pakistan-Russia friendship

It seems only yesterday when you guys were comnig hammer and tongs about how rusty and rickety the Ruskie equipment is...and how your western tech outshines all...
good trade I say.

And if u.s, russia and china had to choose between india and pak. All of them will choose India. China will as well [not at present but in long term definately theres is another thread for it. have a look at it bfr jumping on to any conclusion.] :)

forget about indo-china friendship. Pakistan didn't ever had a war against Russia but India had one war with China. I bet if Pakistan had better economic conditions (bettter than india) russia would be selling it's defence products on the first come basis to Pakistan. You tell me have india ever a got chinese defence products???? Pakistan got them indirectly and hopefully in future russia pak relation will be as good as pak china. You are increasing your defence budget just to fight or rather beat china, and then you talk about indo china friendship.lols..

forget about indo-china friendship. Pakistan didn't ever had a war against Russia but India had one war with China. I bet if Pakistan had better economic conditions (bettter than india) russia would be selling it's defence products on the first come basis to Pakistan. You tell me have india ever a got chinese defence products???? Pakistan got them indirectly and hopefully in future russia pak relation will be as good as pak china. You are increasing your defence budget just to fight or rather beat china, and then you talk about indo china friendship.lols..

Oh.. Who were you fighting against in Afghanistan. ?? A lot of your fellow country men do try very hard to take credit for breaking up of USSR.. Cant have it both ways my man..

well in Afghanistan , US was the culprit who brought men from all the muslim world to break Russia. Pakistan never had officially declared a war against Russia.Pakistan was not ussr direct enemy, never it trained it's army to compete russia but INDIA IS .

Oh.. Who were you fighting against in Afghanistan. ?? A lot of your fellow country men do try very hard to take credit for breaking up of USSR.. Cant have it both ways my man..

Passing of time changes everything:
japan-surrenders-world-war-2-ends-12.jpg

obama_bows_japan.jpg

Passing of time changes everything:

Simply responding to whether Pakistan and Russia were ever adversaries or not.. Not commenting on the impact of that..

And passing of time works for India China too.. Isnt it?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom