What's new

Pakistan, Russia allies in every sense of word: Putin

I am talking about the improving relationships of both countries. Obviously it will never sideline India... but just telling the fact and balance of relationships between all 5 nations (Pakistan, India, Russia, China and USA)... If one edges towards another... 3rd reacts automatically

See there was a change of policy in USA towards India couple of years ago (probably 5-6 years ago) and there goes the first President of Pakistan to visit Russia after 30 years... remember Musharraf's tour to Russia in 2003?

The US-India relationships started taking shape and there comes Russia's Prime Minister in Pakistan after 38 years :woot: and that too for 3 official days.... you can imagine what he would be discussing in 3 days :woot:

Remember that visit?

Next... There were talks of Russia-India military purchases.... and the disconnected relationships of Pakistan and Russia started to form once again when they revised there policy and allowed the Russian engines for Pakistan military aircraft JF-17? remmeber? One could imagine a collaboration of Pakistan-Russia in economic sector but here comes the defence purchases too

Next there were bilateral meetings between the both nations since past 7 years and has met on different places including Pakistan, Afghanistan, CARs countries, Turkey, China and Russia itself... and we never experienced regular course of dialogue between the both nations in the 60 years history of Pakistan....The Russians proposed investment in our country's infrastructure including Pakistan railway, steel mill, Iran-Pakistan pipeline and road constructions etc.

Now comes another meeting.... and its increasing day by day.... it has never happened in past... just trying to connect the chain

Can somebody count the number of meetings we had with Russia in past 7 years? its too many i guess. Obviously it will not sideline India for the sake of Pakistan, but the world has totally changed... even the enemies like to maintain good relationships with each other during peace time

and thats why its such a pleasure to read your posts.. :tup:

Can somebody count the number of meetings we had with Russia in past 7 years? its too many i guess. Obviously it will not sideline India for the sake of Pakistan, but the world has totally changed... even the enemies like to maintain good relationships with each other during peace time

Totally true on the last line. World is becoming inter-dependent and boundaries are changing. I think this meet would expedite your participation in SCO officially especially since your friend China leads the bloc.

Russia can sell whatever you can or wish to buy. It is simply pure business. Just like how France deals with you as well as us. Their commitment to us is limited to not considering overtly offensive weapons. So feel free to get the stuff you wish. ;).

The Russian Prime Minister said that a number of Russian companies were interested to invest in Pakistan’s various sectors. “Pakistan and Russia are allies in every sense of words,” he maintained.
Does HE maintained = HE said??????????????

This is positive. Now Russia can also contribute to countering the growing problem of terrorism in south Asia apart from the obvious trade and economic relations. As opposed to what Pakistani friends think here, we Indians welcome this; More engagement in the region means more hands for the same work which is good.

I mean who would have though NATO would invite Russia to join missile shield 20 years ago!? :woot:

Russia is an independent player and has all the rights to seek diplomatic ties with as many countries in any manner that benefits them. Today's world is for all. :)

you are saing this, but not all Indian friendz think the same

Indian friends seem to be in a panicky frenzy of nay saying - relax it's just diplomatese.

on the other hand :
the two leaders had a frank discussion on various matters of bilateral and regional interest.

Well, that's interesting and we'll see if US and in particular UK will be amenable to Russian investment in Pakistan -- UK had to sell it's BP rights in Balochistan - BP is a particularly venomous player.

nice news,,,!! India needs to keep an eye on this,,although russia is our trust worthy friend but there is no harm to india if russia and pak come closer for bussiness,investment..etc..

yeh hoe naa baat :rofl:

India jitna qareeb USA ke jaata hai utna qareeb Russia Pakistan ke aata hai... seems like its a magnet... that has been balanced at all times

:hitwall:

Is there any comparison between India-US relation and Pakistan-Russia relation?? There is even no comparison between India-Russia relation with India-US relation!!!! Forget others just see some of the major projects...

Akula nuclear submarines
Gorshkov carrier
PAK FA
SU-30MKI
T-90S..........

C-17
Patriot
P-8I
F-18/16
C-130.......

If one nation is sidelined with other... third nation starts dealing with the fourth.... wonderful news - thanks for sharing

There is nothing more than trade and anti-terror cooperations. India has much better cooperation with China than that Pakistan has with Russia.

Thanks to India's latest friendship with USA that brought us closer to Russia and made us deals easy indirectly from Chinese sources

Forget Pakistan, India has much better relationship with Russia than China, so there is no question of 'through China'. :angel:

Oh yes, Russian investment was always welcome by Pakistanis... during 1970s and in 2000s

Its no longer a secret that the Russian companies are willing to invest in Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline too and they are willing to fund it so its a long way to go for the new Pakistan-Russia friendship

Good. Trade relation should be there.

yeh hoe naa baat :rofl:

India jitna qareeb USA ke jaata hai utna qareeb Russia Pakistan ke aata hai... seems like its a magnet... that has been balanced at all times

If one nation is sidelined with other... third nation starts dealing with the fourth.... wonderful news - thanks for sharing

Oh yes, Russian investment was always welcome by Pakistanis... during 1970s and in 2000s

Thanks to India's latest friendship with USA that brought us closer to Russia and made us deals easy indirectly from Chinese sources

Its no longer a secret that the Russian companies are willing to invest in Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline too and they are willing to fund it so its a long way to go for the new Pakistan-Russia friendship

I'm afraid things are a little more complicated than that. A few points...

-Its important to stop viewing every relationship as a zero sum game. You need to realize that the world is a hell of a lot bigger than India and Pakistan.

-A country the size of Pakistan cannot be ignored, so give yourselves a little more credit and stop looking at everything through the 'Indian prism'.

-Lastly, and most importantly, India and Pakistan are two very different nations and as the 'underdog' (so to speak) in the equation, I understand the need to constantly try and keep/believe yourself to be relevant, it isn't always so. I saw similar comments in the Israel-Pakistan thread and frankly this constant one upmanship is getting a little old.

Iif you really want to view things as simplistically though, this should help.

-Nuclear submarines.
-Stealth fighters.
-cryogenic engines.
-280+ 4.5 gen fighters.
-12 nuclear reactors and counting.
-cruise missiles.
-aircraft carrier.
-AWACS
-T90's (~700)

Just off the top of my head.....never mind economic cooperation.

If things were really as straightforward we wouldn't be working with the Chinese would we? We are two different nations with vastly different requirements and capabilities. Pakistan doesn't have to wait for India to make its moves, neither does Russia. Everything you do isn't necessarily related to us. The Russians will invest in whatever makes economic sense, as they rightly should, but that doesn't necessarily translate into Pakistan 'maneuvering into our strategic backyard', which is what you've implied. In terms of scale and sensitivity nothing, short of an alliance, comes close to the Indian-Russian partnership.

Hope Pakistan will benefit a lot from this relation and also hope that future economic and development decision of Russia do not get effected by Indian influence.Pakistan can benefits from Russian Space program a lot, possibly invest in space launch vehicle.

Indian friends seem to be in a panicky frenzy of nay saying - relax it's just diplomatese.

on the other hand :

Well, that's interesting and we'll see if US and in particular UK will be amenable to Russian investment in Pakistan -- UK had to sell it's BP rights in Balochistan - BP is a particularly venomous player.

Exactly, i guess the Russian Companies are interested in Extracting Oil and Gas specifically from Baluchistan.
Perhaps might also help develop some power generation infrastructure.

Akula nuclear submarines
Gorshkov carrier
PAK FA
SU-30MKI
T-90S..........

C-17
Patriot
P-8I
F-18/16
C-130.......

-Nuclear submarines.
-Stealth fighters.
-cryogenic engines.
-280+ 4.5 gen fighters.
-12 nuclear reactors and counting.
-cruise missiles.
-aircraft carrier.
-AWACS
-T90's (~700)

did anybody ask you about India deals?

I was just pointing out the fact that the relationships between Pakistan and Russia are being resumed

Read post 15 for clarifications

always read before you write something

I really am in favor of Russia and then eventually Israel investing in Pakistan in oil and power. Huge construction projects for infrastructure development, are best undertaken by the Russians.
Agriculture is one area where Israel has a lead and can set up Agro based industries.
Not to mention the tremendous expertise both have in anti terror capabilities.

It is good that Pakistan is working to have a diplomatic relationship with Russia. Russia and India's alliance is a time tested one so India has nothing to worry about. Similarly India and China have a generally friendly relationship (biggest trading partners). What does this tell us? It tells us that diplomacy is a good thing.

Congratulations to Pakistan and Russia on their new level of relations!

I was just pointing out the fact that the relationships between Pakistan and Russia are being resumed

With all due respect your post did give an inclination that you are trying to imply that more the India-Us relation will flourish more would be strategic relations between Pakistan and Russia and less co-operation between India and Russia....What i believe spitfighter is saying is that economic relations of-course but strategic is altogether a different ball-game...For example India-China are economic partners...Our trade is $60 billion and growing yet can we ever think that we have dented China-Pak strategic relations????

Anyhow i know you are not implying all the above but your post did give that idea :)

With all due respect did anybody ask you to bring India to the discussion and comparing India-US relation with that of Pakistan-Russia??? Read your post again....

"yeh hoe naa baat

Thanks to India's latest friendship with USA that brought us closer to Russia and made us deals easy indirectly from Chinese sources"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom