What's new

Pakistan rubbishes Shakeel Afridis ISI tirade

This is not an "or else" situation. Pakistan would do well to plan on devoting significant resources to its western border for years and years to come. There is no doubt about it. What would be the result of increased demand for resources and the pressure on personnel is yet to be seen.

We are hoping that the FC can hold their own, now that the areas are clear of militants but with a Taliban Government in power, the problem will be much more grave.

We are hoping that the FC can hold their own, now that the areas are clear of militants but with a Taliban Government in power, the problem will be much more grave.

Yessir.

The wise hope for the best, but plan for the worst. ;)

Icky, you're a member of a very powerful institution in your country, but perhaps you don't grasp that too much power in the hands of a single unaccountable institution - no matter how loyal its members are to duty and superiors - is a bad thing.

How does the passport thing work?

Not in my recall.

Irrelevant. The point is a corrupt and immoral process.

Ah, the code of Pushtunwali. Why does that add in to the process of a treason case?

Too Much Power in the Hands of a Single Nation who is Unaccountable to any one even the UN is way more Dangerous , US does not listen to any one , and is trying to be world Policeman , & has fixed her eyes on Muslims & portraying them as Terrorists , whose adventures has resulted in 2.5 millions Muslims loosing their life & they did not even had anythign to do with USA & its Idiotic Schemes .

So next time Sir , when you tell us it is Dangerous for an institution to have too much power , Look at the flag under your avatar , & stop Trying to be Hypocrite .

Too Much Power in the Hands of a Single Nation who is Unaccountable to any one even the UN is way more Dangerous , US does not listen to any one , and is trying to be world Policeman , & has fixed her eyes on Muslims & portraying them as Terrorists , whose adventures has resulted in 2.5 millions Muslims loosing their life & they did not even had anythign to do with USA & its Idiotic Schemes .

So next time Sir , when you tell us it is Dangerous for an institution to have too much power , Look at the flag under your avatar , & stop Trying to be Hypocrite .

There is a HUGE difference between a NATION and an INSTITUTION within a nation.

However, karma screws all in the end, you and us we are both suffering as a result of our mistakes where Islamic Fundamentalists that we once trained with YOUR money are now attacking us both, you guys are also witnessing Vietnam 2.0 but this time, instead of the NVA, you guys have a ragtag militia bogging down the American war machine.

Kudos, Icarus!
You're one of the few guys here who is willing to say things as they are. The key to finding a solution to a problem lies in clearly identifying and understanding the problem. I see some of that happening here.

Time to retire all the worn-out guff about the differences between Good Fundamentalists (Taliban) and the Bad Fundamentalists (Taliban) and not know which one will next bite one's a$$.

Then there will be some hope, looking towards the future. Needless to say that the US of A is also learning that "Karma is one hell of a vicious ******"!!

Too Much Power in the Hands of a Single Nation who is Unaccountable...next time...stop Trying to be Hypocrite .
I take this in the same spirit as that of the criminal on trial who, caught out by unchallengable evidence and arguments, attempts to defend himself by lashing out at the Court and jury.

There can be only one verdict for the forces who shut Afridi away, then: Guilty, as Dr. Afridi charged.

Technically you stand a greater chance of being raped -
Statistics that don't apply in the case of outspoken - or even suspected - Zionists in Pakistan. Ask Danny Pearl and what's-his-name Weinstein.

What you are missing, is pretty much everything you post about, the attitude of the people, their outlook on life, their beliefs, the role of law enforcement agencies in day to day affairs, among other things.
I try. There are books, students, neighbors, etc. for me to draw on.

In that case, I have a serious doubt about your sense of proportion, something this preposterous -
1971 was preposterous yet it happened, and no officer was prosecuted for it. So did the undermining of B. Bhutto's ministries. So the ISI simply doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt by outsiders, regardless of your perceptions of the ISI from the inside. Unfair maybe, but also just.

You are talking to a witness, ask away......
I wouldn't know what to ask. Maybe you should tell the story in full from your point-of-view.

The ISI needed to cap off the civil war in Afghanistan so that the 8 million refugees could be sent home.
That didn't happen. I've read the accounts: the ISI split with the U.S. to force the fall of Kabul from the Soviet-supported regime. Pakistan sought power in Afghanistan, to h-ll with the refugees.

...karma screws all in the end, you and us we are both suffering as a result of our mistakes where Islamic Fundamentalists that we once trained with YOUR money -
I'll remind you that one of the reasons the money stopped so quickly after 1988 was because of the growing awareness that much of the money provided to Pakistan for refugee relief, schooling, etc., was diverted to the nuclear program without America's approval. The "stateless actors" bit has always been a Pakistani initiative, of course, with active American support only for the 1979-88 period.

Had Pakistan dealt its cards differently, had it concentrated on peace and honest dealings with neighbors rather than confrontation, history would have been very different; but it's difficult to see how any choice America could have made would have diverted Pakistani leaders from their chosen and perilous course; only the speed of events might have changed.

We are culprit, first we said that here is no Osama but it was found near military camp.
We should limit the Role of ISI, they are great threat for peace even relation with India.
So many negative roles, from Politics to Religious affairs, , i.e even they banned move Ek tha Tiger which was creating friendship and love message.
Yes Our ISI have so many negative roles which is disturbing Pakistan. Either they are incompetent, still relying on Tribes, Sardars, Haqqani networ and they failed to demolish terrorism network in our country. Civilians and poor people are suffering due to bad roles of our ISI and politicians.
Very bad people here , even doesn't hesitate to say, to use nuclear weapons on opponents.

One more thing, Icarus. As a member of the ISI with great access you can probably approach people and ask the right question of who-knew-what regarding 26/11. I can't expect you'd report your findings to us, but I wonder if you could find out enough to satisfy your own curiosity: did the ISI command it directly, did LeT act on its own, did the Navy give the order, or was it commanded by that new, rumored, unnamed spin-off agency James Farwell writes about in The Pakistan Cauldron, the one that is commanded by a few people only and is unaccountable to either the civilian or the military leadership?

Back
Top Bottom