What's new

Pakistan rejects use of Chinese currency in Gwadar Free Zone

@cocomo Sir, your idea?
Is it due to US jumping policy?
China's economic zone is good for Pak i believe.
Pakistan has already sailed that boat with CPEC, it won't be jumping anywhere else. The most plausible logic maybe is Pakistan sees normalization of a foreign currency a threat to PKR domestically. US considers internationalization of RMB a threat to USD dominance. It maybe Pakistan giving concessions to USA or maybe a tact to get better deals from China in return for accepting RMB. I don't see any objection to economic zones at all in the article only the currency.

It's a good gesture. No one deserve to be homeless. But what does it say about pakistan ? That should be question, not Indians reaction.
Not a gesture rather business right. Also this is one of the many positives of CPEC. That is why some of our friends are not happy with it.

IT BETTER USE CHIANESE CURRENCY THAN AMERICAN DOLLARS.

China stopped work on transmission line.Pak rejected funding for Dam.Now this.What's happening?

Bro we know very well, how to defend our interest..!

https://www.express.pk/story/1004062/
سلام آباد:

پاکستان نے چین کا گوادر فری زون میں چینی کرنسی یوان استعمال کرنے کا مطالبہ مسترد کر دیا۔

گزشتہ روز اسلام آباد میں سی پیک کی ساتویں مشترکہ تعاون کمیٹی کا اجلاس ہوا۔ وزارت مالیات اور اسٹیٹ بینک آف پاکستان نے چین کا گوادر فری زون میں چینی کرنسی استعمال کرنے کا مطالبہ مسترد کردیا۔ چینی حکام سے ملاقات میں پاکستان نے چین کو اپنے موقف سے آگاہ کرتے ہوئے کہا کہ اس سے پاکستان کی اقتصادی اقدار کی خلاف ورزی ہوگی۔ چین نے گوادر میں یوان کی اجازت دینے کا مطالبہ کرتے ہوئے کہا کہ چینی کرنسی کے استعمال سے ایکسچینج سے جڑے خطرات سے بچاجاسکتا ہے۔

اس خبر کو بھی پڑھیں : سی پیک منصوبوں کی لاگت 55ارب ڈالرسے بڑھنے کی توقع

اجلاس میں چینی حکام نے یہ مطالبہ بھی کیا کہ پاکستان سی پیک کے راستے پر کسٹمز نگرانی کے علاقے قائم کرے جسے پاکستان نے تسلیم کرلیا جب کہ اس حوالے سے
حتمی مسودے پر دستخط ہونے باقی ہیں​

Good decision, these are negotiations after all. We don't have to accept every single Chinese demand. I doubt the Chinese would take great offense, we accepted their other demands.

It's give and take. Don't know why the Indians always feign their deep concerns for Pakistan when it comes to China, as if you are our well wishers.

Pakistan Should Accept.Yuan Is Becoming An International Currency.This Will Give Pakistan A Chance To Become An Offshore Hub
You don't see its side effects dear. No country would allow it. If we allow this, PKR will never get uplifted. The reason is the same as US pushes everyone to buy and sell in USD.

The US is threatened by the expanding influence of the Yuan.

But the real question is, why would Pakistan prefer to use US dollars, when America has already threatened to sanction Pakistan multiple times?

Why make it easy for them to carry out their threats?

I think economically it make sense(give all investment is chinese) but it will not be good news foe globally as dollar ia still global

So it's a difficult question

Now welcome Troller's

But the real question is, why would Pakistan prefer to use US dollars, when America has already threatened to sanction Pakistan multiple times?

Simple. Pakistan is not interested to be involved into the competition of China and US, they
don't want to take this risk. However if China can print a new 100 Yuan banknote without Mao's image, Pakistan probably will consider the offer because Mao is a notorious communist.:partay:

Seriously speaking, China should print a new design of 100 Yuan banknote, not necessarily follow the style of *various famous heads on the paper* like many countries, e.g. Great Wall, Huang Mountain, Yellow river etc is a set of neutral images without any implication of ideology,
it will be easier for foreigners to accept RMB without any concern. But I bet the decision maker of China Central Bank never think of such details.:partay:

Well I was listening today to Tariq Munir who was saying that China will soon introduce technology and cooperation to build 210,000 residential units in the form of eight story buildings in all the divisions of Pakistan. Apparently, there is a shortfall of 8,000,000 homes according to 2017 census and so building 210,000 units using the Pre-Fabricated structures to build eight story apartment buildings from China will be the first step towards overcoming this shortage.

I wonder what our Indian friends have to say about that.
Postive development..We are happy for you..Let us use the development for the upliftment of the citizen's life...

They are gonna choke it down your throat in the near future weather you like it or not . Things are getting a lot exciting already.

Pakistan want to use own currency with in its territory

We have a currency in Pakistan. It will be a better business solution for China to use Pakistani currency in Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom