What's new

Pakistan rejects use of Chinese currency in Gwadar Free Zone

It was just misinformation spread by Anti China news sources, some of these stories were copied over with out investigation and published by certain news papers who just copy paste stories without confirming from Military.

Gawadar was always meant to be a international Hub , and no one sees any risk for using Chinese currency for trading considering % is paid to state bank of Pakistan it as discussed in origional plans

Port Authorities + Bank Network (Chinese / Pakistani) can work it out how best to allow people to use international currency or converted cash in Pakistani currency or Chinese

CHINA gov and chinese cherish the relationship with pakistani bros ,this kind of fake demand discussion is a waste of time!
Let us focus on how improve the efficency and the infrustractures in the said port zone!
1)Intergrated gov service is needed,i do not want to go 100 departments to just open my small company in GAWADAR!
2)must absolutely has no shortage on electricity, water supply,roads and railways infrastructures as well as parking facility, gas ,oil stations,supermarket when i.can buy anythings i want, as well as human ressources plateform when i.can hire different level of talents....,i certainly do not want to encounter electricity break when i am just talking about the purchase orders with my client!
3)apartments i can.rent for me, my family and my staffs,social security and medical assurances that i can buy for me,and my staffs.....
4)stable policies ,taxes discounts,easy purchasing of lands and factory facilities....
All above are the basic requirements for free economic zones!

Last edited:
I am new user here. it is my first comment in this forum. I shocked to read the comments of my fellow Pakistani members supporting Chinese demand of allowing its currency. I want to gain attention of elite Pak members of this forum.

It will be our historical blunder to give space to Chinese currency in local markets.

There are following top reasons that Pakistan should not do this mistake.

1: Pakistani labor wage is still cheaper than Chinese labor as compare to 1:18 ratio of Yuan and rupees. . A Chinese worker will not be able to live in Gawader for 15000 rs wage. Hence, china has demanded use of Chinese currency to employ her citizens.

For example, If Dubai starts to use cheaper currency in local market. All foreign workers will leave Dubai in overnight. Only local people will be able to settle and work. (but Dubai has not labor power as compare to Pakistan. )

Same is the case here in Pakistan. Only our local labors can work here in low wage in future deep port city.

.Besides this, our cheaper labor attract many eastern and western investors in Gawader . I am 101% sure that western investors will also come in Gawader to compete Chinese markets.

If we give space to Yuan, foreign workers i.e Chinese labors will replace our local labors. The more number of foreign workers will cause ‘’a sense of inferiority and deprivation’’ in Baluchistan.

2: Cheaper labor will compete in business market. Cheaper labor means to cheaper product. Cheaper product will lead more exports.

3: Pakistani currency will loss its value as Yuan is more stable and valuable in international market. Local traders will prefer to sell their products in Yuan instead of rupees. It may cause inflation in our country.

4: devaluation of Pakistani currency will increase our foreign debits as we have 80 billion dollars debits of IMF to repay. Westerners will demand dollars not Yuan.

China is our iron brother. They are most welcome in Gawader and consider it home.There should be no tax on our Chinese friends.

Last edited:
I am new user here. it is my first comment in this forum. I shocked to read the comments of my fellow Pakistani members supporting Chinese demand of allowing its currency. I want to gain attention of elite Pak members of this forum.

It will be our historical blunder to give space to Chinese currency in local markets.

There are following top reasons that Pakistan should not do this mistake.

1: Pakistani labor wage is still cheaper than Chinese labor as compare to 1:18 ratio of Yuan and rupees. . A Chinese worker will not be able to live in Gawader for 15000 rs wage. Hence, china has demanded use of Chinese currency to employ her citizens.

For example, If Dubai starts to use cheaper currency in local market. All foreign workers will leave Dubai in overnight. Only local people will be able to settle and work. (but Dubai has not labor power as compare to Pakistan. )

Same is the case here in Pakistan. Only our local labors can work here in low wage in future deep port city.

.Besides this, our cheaper labor attract many eastern and western investors in Gawader . I am 101% sure that western investors will also come in Gawader to compete Chinese markets.

If we give space to Yuan, foreign workers i.e Chinese labors will replace our local labors. The more number of foreign workers will cause ‘’a sense of inferiority and deprivation’’ in Baluchistan.

2: Cheaper labor will compete in business market. Cheaper labor means to cheaper product. Cheaper product will lead more exports.

3: Pakistani currency will loss its value as Yuan is more stable and valuable in international market. Local traders will prefer to sell their products in Yuan instead of rupees. It may cause inflation in our country.

4: devaluation of Pakistani currency will increase our foreign debits as we have 80 billion dollars debits of IMF to repay. Westerners will demand dollars not Yuan.

China is our iron brother. They are most welcome in Gawader and consider it home.There should be no tax on our Chinese friends.
You think too much my pak bro!
CHINA has no intention to violate the dignity of our iron bro!

Back
Top Bottom