What's new

Pakistan rejects Indian remarks on GB elections

Absar

Reaction score
ISLAMABAD: Terming remarks by the spokesperson of the Indian Ministry for External Affairs about Gilgit-Baltistan elections as "unwarranted", Pakistan on Friday said the Government of India has no locus standi in the matter.

"We have seen the remarks by the Spokesperson of the Indian Ministry for External Affairs made today in which he has described the elections held in Gilgit-Baltistan yesterday as "just another cosmetic exercise intended to camouflage the fact of Pakistan's illegal occupation of areas of the state of Jammu and Kashmir."

"These remarks are unwarranted. The Government of India has no locus standi in the matter", Foreign Office Spokesman Abdul Basit said in a statement issued here Friday.

"As for Jammu and Kashmir dispute, it stems from India's refusal to implement the relevant Security Council Resolutions, which provide for a just solution of the dispute through the democratic method of a free and fair plebiscite", the statement added.

Reference: Pakistan rejects Indian remarks on GB elections - GEO.tv

I don't understand why India is meddling in Pakistan's affairs -- terming of late elections as uncalled for. How does it related to IOK anyway? India's useless meddling doesn't make sense to me.

Gilgit-Baltistan are part of Kingdom of Jammu and kashmir, J& is internal part of india and Gilgit and baltistan are illegally occupied by Pakistan, so India has every right to look into those affairs.

ISLAMABAD: Terming remarks by the spokesperson of the Indian Ministry for External Affairs about Gilgit-Baltistan elections as "unwarranted", Pakistan on Friday said the Government of India has no locus standi in the matter.

"We have seen the remarks by the Spokesperson of the Indian Ministry for External Affairs made today in which he has described the elections held in Gilgit-Baltistan yesterday as "just another cosmetic exercise intended to camouflage the fact of Pakistan's illegal occupation of areas of the state of Jammu and Kashmir."

"These remarks are unwarranted. The Government of India has no locus standi in the matter", Foreign Office Spokesman Abdul Basit said in a statement issued here Friday.

"As for Jammu and Kashmir dispute, it stems from India's refusal to implement the relevant Security Council Resolutions, which provide for a just solution of the dispute through the democratic method of a free and fair plebiscite", the statement added.

Reference: Pakistan rejects Indian remarks on GB elections - GEO.tv

@ Absar

Hope the highlighted part answers your question in your 2nd post :cheers:

How is it an illegal occupation. Isn't it peculiar :what::what:

India is following the footsteps of U.S. It's very badly after the adjoining areas just like U.S. was in case of Mexico :blink:

How is it an illegal occupation. Isn't it peculiar :what::what:

India is following the footsteps of U.S. It's very badly after the adjoining areas just like U.S. was in case of Mexico :blink:

Nope. USA bought off part of Mexico and also defeated the Mexican army for the land which was formerly part of Mexico.

India and Pakistan went on a land grab after partition. Big difference in scenarios. Now they cry and hurl obscenities at each other saying "I was about to take that bit but you got there first " :hitwall:

Gilgit-Baltistan are part of Kingdom of Jammu and kashmir, J& is internal part of india and Gilgit and baltistan are illegally occupied by Pakistan, so India has every right to look into those affairs.

:cheesy: Pakistan is an integral part of India, India is an integral part of British empire :partay:

Nope. USA bought off part of Mexico and also defeated the Mexican army for the land which was formerly part of Mexico.

India and Pakistan went on a land grab after partition. Big difference in scenarios. Now they cry and hurl obscenities at each other saying "I was about to take that bit but you got there first " :hitwall:

Well, I don't understand the obsession behind this land grab thing since partition happened. GB has always been an integral part of Pakistan. There was no such argle-bargle at the time of demarcation too. How come it's integral part of India -- the J&K? :blink:

Well, I don't understand the obsession behind this land grab thing since partition happened. GB has always been an integral part of Pakistan. There was no such argle-bargle at the time of demarcation too. How come it's integral part of India -- the J&K? :blink:

Dude you need to brushup on History and Geography lessons.

Gilgit-Baltistan are part of J&K which are under illegal occupation of Pakistan.

Pls. check google or any other neutral source.

Dude you need to brushup on History and Geography lessons.

Gilgit-Baltistan are part of J&K which are under illegal occupation of Pakistan.

Pls. check google or any other neutral source.
If you see the election output it was sky High. which means People of Gilgit want to be with Pakistan.

who care indian remarks in pakistan? i think only indian high commison in islamabad.lol

Like the election of Musharaff as president when he got 99% of votes, spare me the elections of pakistan.
Dude look at the out come and registered voters. We are not talking about rigging in voting here.

Dude look at the out come and registered voters. We are not talking about rigging in voting here.

Even if I were to believe what you said is true, it does not mean anything like say - Poeple in J&K have been regularly voting for last 60 years and still pakistan does not accept them, how do you expect us to accept your elections in GB.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom