What's new

India rejects Organization of Islamic Cooperation's resolution on Jammu and Kashmir

Rahul9090

Reaction score
Country
India
NEW DELHI: India Friday rejected an Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) resolution on Jammu and Kashmir, saying the organization has "no locus standi on matters concerning the internal affairs of India".

In a statement, the external affairs ministry spokesperson said that the resolutions adopted during the 41st session of the Council of Foreign Ministers of the OIC held in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, on June 18-19 were "factually incorrect".
"We note with regret that the Organization of Islamic Cooperation has once again made factually incorrect and misleading references to matters internal to India, including the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir, which is an integral part of India. We reject all such references/resolutions. The OIC has no locus standi on matters concerning the internal affairs of India," it said.

The OIC in its Jeddah Declaration had clubbed Jammu and Kashmir along with Mali, Sudan, Yemen and a few other ..countires

Read more at:
India rejects Organization of Islamic Cooperation's resolution on Jammu and Kashmir - The Economic Times

I don't blame the OIC. It is natural for them to promote their point of view.

I - don't care two hoots.
what exactly is OIC's POV ?? they are a bunch of whiners ... they cry every time they have a group therapy over every participants suffering. Lots of ahhhs on uhhhs nothing much.

NEW DELHI: India Friday rejected an Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) resolution on Jammu and Kashmir, saying the organization has "no locus standi on matters concerning the internal affairs of India".

In a statement, the external affairs ministry spokesperson said that the resolutions adopted during the 41st session of the Council of Foreign Ministers of the OIC held in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, on June 18-19 were "factually incorrect".
"We note with regret that the Organization of Islamic Cooperation has once again made factually incorrect and misleading references to matters internal to India, including the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir, which is an integral part of India. We reject all such references/resolutions. The OIC has no locus standi on matters concerning the internal affairs of India," it said.

The OIC in its Jeddah Declaration had clubbed Jammu and Kashmir along with Mali, Sudan, Yemen and a few other ..countires

I disagree. With paragons of human rights, plurality and tolerance such as Saudi Arabia and the rest, this is exactly the right forum to raise such issues.

On another note, I am curious if these gentle-folk had anything to say about what's going on in Syria, Iraq, Nigeria or Kenya? Perhaps they passed a resolution condemning ISIS, Boko Haram, Al Qaeda and urged governments and individuals to stop funding these groups. Outrage seems quite selective for this lot

I still don't get it.Why doesn't india handover kashmir to Pakistan?we will become Good friends than

OIC is still alive? i thought it was like a dead facebook page, even PDF is more active and useful than OIC :cheesy: :cheesy:

what exactly is OIC's POV ?? they are a bunch of whiners ... they cry every time they have a group therapy over every participants suffering. Lots of ahhhs on uhhhs nothing much.
OIC's POV ? Not important to India :D Very important to many Muslims perhaps. GoI should not care.

Back
Top Bottom