What's new

Pakistan refuses to open India-Afghanistan road link, says conduct trade via Karachi

Let's do Business,
India will give Pakistan Road-Link access to Bhutan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Sri Lanka and Pakistan will give access to Central Asia.

What about it?

Let's do Business,
India will give Pakistan Road-Link access to Bhutan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Sri Lanka and Pakistan will give access to Central Asia.

What about it?
India will never give road access to pakistan to all these countries. Anyways,we can access nepal and bhutan through china, longer routes but better than going thru india if for gaining access to these countrises means allowing india thru our roads ,which if happens then terrorism from pakistan is going out nowhere.

Hi,

There is no reason to give land route to india from Lahore border---. KARACHI PORT IS THE BEST.
If india agrees to trade through khi port for afghanistan , tht will also increase our local logistics and freight business, buildin of more dry ports.
am i right ? So naturally how will india tolerate to see that economic boom for us.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:Kid we took our operations in a non recognizable border ie line of control. We didnt crossed nor did anything in international border recognized by United Nations. Thats why u had to come under immense pressure by international bodies to stop that war, even yr Shastri died of a heart attack who tried to invade our country in the treaty of Tashkent. Yr government still blames us of kashmir valley's all troubles even after the 1965 war, so u certainly couldnt stop us from doing that and u couldnt dare to attack us again after 71 era. So who failed to achieve its objective, the primary objective?

Let me tell u our objectives were to defend our country at all costs and get our land back and we did got that in tashkent treaty. Our goals wasnt to invade or hold yr territory in international borders that was done so that we could get our territory back in exchange. And we did just that. So who in the end achieved their goals or not is for everyone to see.

But let go this, u answer my questions first!
Dear Sir,

In my humble attempt let me answer your query on you performance in theater of combat.
Now If i try to deconstruct the events and gaping holes in the strategy you and you fellow members here will take offence and call me biased and hindutwawadi and what not

So Lets hear from few Pakistani Gentlemen, I think their narrative of the war differs from you to, but do contemplate very carefully before you start questioning their credentials.

Air Chief Marshal: Asghar Khan
Air Chief Marshal: Nur Khan
Brig (Retd) Saeed Ismat
Major (Retd.) Agha Humayun Amin
Col. S.G Mehd (SSG Commander)

What do you have to say about 1965 war?

If you were to ask me this question when I was a young officer, my reply would have been quite different because I fought in that war, saw tactical action and in my perception we did well and beat back the aggressor and won the war. As one matures, learns and has the ability to analyze, one begins to differentiate between myth and reality, of course, with the advantage of the hindsight. 1965 War manifested the shortsightedness and immaturity of our political and military leadership. Pakistan started with ‘Operation Gibraltar’ in Kashmir. We have been made to think it was very bold and imaginative in conception and prepared by a great General. In my opinion it was bold, unimaginative, unpracticable plan. It was not in harmony with prevailing environment in Indian Held Kashmir. It was based on dangerous assumptions and its time frame was unrealistic and quixotic. The plan reflected strategic naivety and immaturity. To top it all the preparation and subsequently the execution displayed lack of professionalism. Since it lacked politico-strategic framework and vision it placed Pakistan in a very precarious position. On its failure, ‘Operation Grandslam’ was launched, which did make military sense since it enjoyed the superiority of strategic orientation. The capture of objective (Akhnur Bridges) would sever the Indian lines of communication in Kashmir and force them to retract. This operation was to suffer a major setback when the advance was halted because of an explainable change of command in the middle of the battle. Indians were so threatened by this move that they attacked with full might across the international border threatening Lahore and Sialkot. Our leaders panicked, ‘Operation Grandslam’ was brought to a grinding halt. Later, a brilliantly conceived Riposte from Khem Karan failed because a correct mix of units was not mustered to achieve a superior relative strength situation at the right time at the right place. We won a lot of battles but lost the war as we failed to attain the political aim of defreezing and the ultimate liberation of the Kashmir. Ayub Khan thus ruined the national economy by one wrong decision that had taken him several years to build.

Brig (Retd) Saeed Ismat, SJ

Cover Story

This in short is Nur Khan’s version of 1965 war, which he calls an unnecessary war and says that President Ayub for whom he has the greatest regard should have held his senior generals accountable for the debacle and himself resigned.

This would have held the hands of the adventurers who followed Gen Ayub. Since the 1965 war was based on a big lie and was presented to the nation a great victory, the Army came to believe its own fiction and has used since, Ayub as its role model and therefore has continued to fight unwanted wars — the 1971 war and the Kargil fiasco in 1999, he said.

In each of the subsequent wars we have committed the same mistakes that we committed in 1965.

Air Marshal Khan demanded that a truth commission formed to find out why we failed in all our military adventures. It is not punishment of the failed leadership that should be the aim of the commission but sifting of facts from fiction and laying bare the follies and foibles of the irresponsible leaders in matters with grave implications for the nation. It should also point out the irregularities committed in training and promotions in the defence forces in the past so that it is not repeated in future

Nur Khan reminisces ’65 war - Newspaper - DAWN.COM

Excerpt From the conclusion:
Major (Retd.) Agha Humayun Amin:
Ambition, lust for glory etc are perfectly reasonable aspirations where they are matched with military talent pertaining to operational strategy, low intensity operations, strategic insight or statesmanship! All these were sadly lacking at all levels, except unit level bravery and enthusiasm! Gibraltar failed because of pure and unadulterated military incompetence and Akhtar Malik bears the principle responsibility for Gibraltar! The Grand Slam story was different!It wasnot a case ofbalanced distribution of lack of talent at all levels that resulted in the failure of Grand Slam! The principle reason why Grand Slam failed was delay in initial launching and change of command!

Grand Slam - A Battle of Lost Opportunities

this is your Air Chief Marshal Asghar Khan.

Some of Col. S.G Mehdi wisdom.

Conclusion by SSG’s commander: “Had our Government initiated a probe into concept, conduct and consequences of 1965 War’, and raised the curtain from the acts of gross omission or that of the criminal commission, the ignominy of 1971 could have been avoided. “

1965 War — Some Harsh Realities | Ehtisham Siddiqui

Hope that helps :tup:

Last edited:
India will never give road access to pakistan to all these countries. Anyways,we can access nepal and bhutan through china, longer routes but better than going thru india if for gaining access to these countrises means allowing india thru our roads ,which if happens then terrorism from pakistan is going out nowhere.

Forget to access Nepal & Bhutan through China, not feasible. A conditional agreement could be possible as stated above otherwise no deal at all.

Forget to access Nepal & Bhutan through China, not feasible. A conditional agreement could be possible as stated above otherwise no deal at all.
we already have trade ties with nepal thru air cargo and some thru china as well.

How much trade do you plan to do with Nepal and Bhutan ? What are you even selling or buying ?

How much trade do you plan to do with Nepal and Bhutan ? What are you even selling or buying ?

These are just diversion tactics since Pakistan does not have high volume trade with neither Nepal nor Bhutan. Pakistan and Bhutan even do not embassies in their respective countries.

Simple, we can paint them bad in the eyes of world, every one see that pakistan is a obstructionist and uncoperating country. :woot: One more stick to beat them in international forums. When ppl say south asia is doing bad, then they will see pakistan's obstinacy :D. Modi will crow to every leader that pakistan is a stumbling block in asia....:sarcastic:

:rofl: try another strategy this ones seriously not working :lol:

Considering the size of pakistani economy and the amount of loans taken and non payments made...I know it will cause a massive effort to actually know any value of pakistan :lol:

Only an idiot like you will say that pakistan is safe for transit.

Why don't you shit up and read the latest report in "The Evonomist"?

Only an idiot like you will say that pak is safe for transit and that too at afghan border. It is not india which made a request. it is made by Afghan president. But i guess education is not your cup of tea.

and stupid like You who think india is not desperate to go to central asia... we all know why you crying for Kashmir from 50 years its a way to central Asia.. but sadly you cant get land rout without Pakistan its a reality which i guess dont teach you in your school... face it.

we already have trade ties with nepal thru air cargo and some thru china as well.

Do you live in real world or in heaven? How many exporters can afford air cargo transportation? In each saarc country Pakistan can establish Trade transit hub and once you will in there will be lot of possibilities to avail in trade competition.

Dude, don't include China in your each affairs. We need Road-Link access to all these SAARC countries to boost our trade ties. India has nothing to do with Central Asia, Pakistan is enough to compete trade requirements of CIS countries and Afghanistan.

looking at the economic and political situation of pakistan, they dont need access to central asia. they have nothing to offer. Moreover, India and Afghanistan should not risk their trade through pakistan. Who knows when some suicide bomber kills himself and destroys indian goods.
Indian Goods haha well by goods you mean tomatoes :rofl::rofl::rofl: right

Do you live in real world or in heaven? How many exporters can afford air cargo transportation? In each saarc country Pakistan can establish Trade transit hub and once you will in there will be lot of possibilities to avail in trade competition.

Dude, don't include China in your each affairs. We need Road-Link access to all these SAARC countries to boost our trade ties. India has nothing to do with Central Asia, Pakistan is enough to compete trade requirements of CIS countries and Afghanistan.
You didnt get my point. I am saying something else you,you are another. Okay just leave it. Lets move on.
I was sort of more focussed on saying that lets say we dont get road links access to nepal, then what options we are going to be left with.
Less trade as it is.
Or ??

There are greater potentials for Nepal to promote its export of tea, large cardamom, hide and skin, pashmina-products, agro-products, medicinal herbs to Pakistan. Similarly, Pakistan's cotton, cotton-yarn, textiles, synthetic yarn, leather garments, surgical instruments, cutleries, ceramic products, mangos and other seasonal fruits have better scope for exports to Nepal. Recently, Pakistani businessmen have shown interest in setting-up joint venture industries in Nepal.

Nepal-Pakistan Bilateral Trade is more than 500 millions NRS.

Even there are huge potential of business with Bangladesh, Bhutan and Myanmar so there isno end to any Bilateral relations. India will get corridor only in case Pakistan will get corridor to saarc countries.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom