What's new

Pakistan refuses to open India-Afghanistan road link, says conduct trade via Karachi

Well can you blame the Pakistanis for not doing so???? So let's see. If the trade was opened up, thousands of trucks will go from India to Afghanistan and back. These trucks and their drivers will stop in different cities, and at stops when they need to. Who can guarantee that weapons supplies and money wouldn't be coming into Pakistan directly through RAW or even from the Afghan side??? Why would Pakistan risk their own national security and invite more bomb blasts and killings of their innocent citizens?

On the same note, Pakistan actually doesn't need to access Central Asia. The Chinese population in the region which Pakistan will be supporting through Gawader is over 350 million people. So its Pakistan (200 million people) + Pakstan and a half (350 million Chinese people along the trade corridor in Western China). So when Pakistani roads, ports, shipping, rail road, airways, etc, are providing for 2.5 times the original population of Pakistan, Pakistan will be VERY busy in accommodating such a big population and obviously, getting its economy to a whole new level super fast. She doesn't need to worry about the Central Asian part right now.

In the next 3-7 years, after Pakistan expands her infrastructure enough to support such a huge Chinese population through its trade route, it would already be in the top 20 economies. At that time, the Chinese would've built the trade routes to Russia and Pakistan can use those trade routes through China. There is a 0% chance that Afghanistan will get up and stare China down, to be frank here. Within the next 3-5 years, I think China will be cutting large infrastructure deals with Afghanistan too. I don't think Afghans want to lose millions of jobs and billions of trade with China by pissing off the Pakistanis. Till this trade boom starts with Afghanistan, Pakistan doesn't need to worry about it too much. She needs to keep expanding her economy and get into the top 20 line.
Central Asia access routes are just on paper. Afghanistan needs a stable and secure country to have commerce through Afghanistan. I do not see that happening anytime soon. We want to restore Pakistan of the eighties before the arrival of Afghan Refugees, Kalashnikov Culture, drugs, suicide bombers, etc.. I went to a private school run by the missionary in the late 70s and 80s and I had teachers from UK, Australia, England, Scotland etc.. And they lived as normal residents without security until the even the late 80s. Now with Afghanistan and its never ending conflicts have enough impact on us. They can keep the Central Asia Route. And they can accommodate their 4.5 Afghan Refugees back. We will work with the US to add 3000 MWs to the national grid. We will work with China, Russia, France, Germany, US, Japan, Norway etc. to complete more energy projects. We want a Pakistan where citizens of all religious faith live free without security just like the late eighties. We want all the foreign cricketers, mountaineers, hockey/squash players, businessmen and tourists to return and live without security as guests of Pakistan. India can help import the 4.5 million Afghan Refugees to help Afghanistan as a start. Road link not possible and off the table. Sorry.

Bhai jaan you got the countries mixed up.

is saadgi pay kaon na mer ja-ay Aay Khuda

-- Oh that innocent cheerleader who ate so many footballers.

hahahaha

Pushing a country intoo commie hell
and then watching tamasha from sidelines.

That's what commie lappppy India did.

Central Asia access routes are just on paper. Afghanistan needs a stable and secure country to have commerce through Afghanistan. I do not see that happening anytime soon. We want to restore Pakistan of the eighties before the arrival of Afghan Refugees, Kalashnikov Culture, drugs, suicide bombers, etc.. I went to a private school run by the missionary in the late 70s and 80s and I had teachers from UK, Australia, England, Scotland etc.. And they lived as normal residents without security until the even the late 80s. Now with Afghanistan and its never ending conflicts have enough impact on us. They can keep the Central Asia Route. And they can accommodate their 4.5 Afghan Refugees back. We will work with the US to add 3000 MWs to the national grid. We will work with China, Russia, France, Germany, US, Japan, Norway etc. to complete more energy projects. We want a Pakistan where citizens of all religious faith live free without security just like the late eighties. We want all the foreign cricketers, mountaineers, hockey/squash players, businessmen and tourists to return and live without security as guests of Pakistan. India can help import the 4.5 million Afghan Refugees to help Afghanistan as a start. Road link not possible and off the table. Sorry.

I'd give you a positive rating if I had the "power" to. But this is what I am talking about, everything is right here in your post. That's what EVERY SINGLE Pakistani needs to be thinking.

I'd give you a positive rating if I had the "power" to. But this is what I am talking about, everything is right here in your post. That's what EVERY SINGLE Pakistani needs to be thinking.
What me to do it for you?

What me to do it for you?

Yes please. The guy deserves it and the Pakistani nation needs to think like him to grow. I'd personally like to see Pakistan as the 6th largest population, the 7th largest military and the 8th largest economy (hopefully in the next few decades)!!

Btw, how does one get the power to positive or negative rate someone?

Pakistan is doing the logical thing, and protecting it's interests. Increased economic trade between Pakistan and Afghanistan, end of terror havens in the tribal region, and forcing the Afghan taliban to the negotiating table, all these have been fulfilled by Pakistan's side, Afghanistan has yet to fulfill it's side of the bargin. Afghan military operations against the ttp have pretty much stalled, mostly due to domestic political pressure (accusations of appeasing Pakistan), Afghanistan has yet to agree to fully cooperate along the border, and take military cooperation to the next level between the two neighbors. Trade between Afghanistan and India is fine, they can even use Pakistan ports, but land route is a red line: there is little reason for Pakistan to trust that India won't try and misuse a land route against Pakistani interests.

There is this mistaken idea in Afghanistan that Pakistan needs Afghanistan to access central Asia, that's simply not true. Pakistan already has access to central Asia through alternative land routes, such as through China, and trade has indeed been flowing through such a route for a long while. Afghanistan makes things cheaper, but Pakistan doesn't need Afghanistan.

Afghanistan, on the other hand, needs Pakistan. Not only is Pakistan Afghanistan's largest trading partner, the volume of trade is set to increase dramatically within the next 5 years, making Afghanistan highly dependent on Pakistani markets. India's plan to operate Chahabar port is welcome, but despite bravado from some Indian and some Afghan nationalists, it won't change the dynamic of economic flow too dramatically, as the port will need a decade to be fully operational and another decade to be at full capacity, and even then, trade between Pakistan and Afghanistan will continue to grow at a dramatic rate.

tl;dr Pakistan is going to pull a China/India, and use economics to get Afghanistan to fall in line.

I actually welcome pakistani refusal to road transit. It makes pakistani position crystal clear to New Delhi and Kabul. I hope Indian foriegn office recognizes this gesture and acts accordingly.

Just like the US twists India's arms every time it tries to go out of control....like Obama's visit in January to India and then Modi's mad call to NS to offer best wishes on cricket match??? lol. You are in the same league also, don't forget.

In Pakistan's case, the Chinese have a much stronger relationship than you have with pretty much anyone else out there. So they decided to pour in $ 46 billion, and its JUST a start. The actual numbers will go close to 100 billion over the next 3-5 years. The $ 46 billion is really to setup proper infrastructure, reduce power outages, etc by 90% and build a trade corridor. The real magic and bigger investments will start in about 3 years when the power crisis is fixed and the trade route is built.

IMF and the WB are already terming Pakistan as safe to invest into, and with a stable political and investment environment. As soon as the power shortage starts to get fixed by 2017, do expect billions more to be poured into Pakistan by the Western businesses, along with the Russians and ME countries investing in power sector to steel and minerals to the real estate and infrastructure. There is AMPLE return on investment on anything you do in Pakistan now.

Big Question is that India, West aka NWO and All Enemies of Pakistan will Swallow Pakistan Rise and China with out Any Reaction.........I do not think that this Ride for Pakistan will not be so Smooth as it is Portrayed by Media

I actually welcome pakistani refusal to road transit. It makes pakistani position crystal clear to New Delhi and Kabul. I hope Indian foriegn office recognizes this gesture and acts accordingly.
This won't change the dynamics much. Despite this refusal, the relationship between Pakistan and Afghanistan won't change much.

Yes please. The guy deserves it and the Pakistani nation needs to think like him to grow. I'd personally like to see Pakistan as the 6th largest population, the 7th largest military and the 8th largest economy (hopefully in the next few decades)!!

Btw, how does one get the power to positive or negative rate someone?
Need to be a TT.

Big Question is that India, West aka NWO and All Enemies of Pakistan will Swallow Pakistan Rise and China with out Any Reaction.........I do not think that this Ride for Pakistan will not be so Smooth as it is Portrayed by Media

The West will not have an issue with it. If you think about it, the West biggest concern has been the terrorism and Pakistani nukes. If Pakistan was a large economy like Korea or Malaysia, etc, you'd have 0 to little terrorism or religious extremism compared to where it has been in recent years. Everyone will be educated, even at some basic level and will be contributing to the success of the economy. Plus there would be a lot more funding, focus on safe guarding all serious assets.

Modernization usually puts an end to extremism as people start to follow a work pattern that ensures the safety and success for their children and family, and religion really becomes a personal issue vs. let's force it on the world. So the West would be perfectly happy to see a growing Pakistan.

If you see how West works, the Western countries work very closely and well with stronger economies and have better ties with businesses, people and all. As they see a growing modern country a market for their products. If Pakistan was like Brazil right this second, do you think you'd have issues in getting Block 52 or Typhoons or Rafale from their manufacturers? Not at all, as you'd be doing $ 10-20 billion worth of business with these countries already.

Unfortunately because you do not know understand the idea of an independent foreign policy as you haven't had one since inception

Are you sure what you are saying is correct or its just out of hatred to Pakistan? What they did to the Yemen situation is NOTHING but a serious foreign policy. If this was the US or the UK or someone else, I'd probably understand. But saying NO to KSA....hmmmmm. Without an independent foreign policy, proper review of Pakistan's strategy and its future global positioning, this NO would've NEVER come out.

Similarly, the fact that the US and the British urged both India and Pakistan to talk, and Pakistan tried a few times, and recently their PM said that they'll have to talk to India in the language they understand, and within a week, the tension on the border went away, speaks volumes about a working foreign policy.

The fact that Afghanistan took some serious action against Taliban terrorists responsible for murders inside Pakistan and for once, actually put their Army on the border per Pakistan's request, speaks volumes about a working foreign policy too.

The fact that the Russians (India's closest ally till a couple of years ago), are talking about Defense agreements with Pakistan and want to sell her Weapons, and invest in Pakistan's economy (steel production and mineral exploration and refinement projects initially), is truly a result of Pakistan's government's current foreign policy.

The fact that Pakistan is building a bunch of new stuff, working with Turkey and others, is a result of a foreign policy.

The fact that in the entire history of Pakistan, the Interior Minister of Pakistan asked UAE to apologize for their third class comments about Pakistan's refusal to jump inside a war which wasn't Pakistan's own, and the UAE apologized and the KSA's senior ministers apologized for UAE's remarks....is ALSO a testimonial of a working foreign policy.

I think you guys from India are STILL in denial and delusion. I've said it like a thousand of times on here, the Pakistan you / India / the World knew till 2014 doesn't exist. The Pakistan you are dealing with in 2015, is a new one, a regional power to be and a very assertive one at that. Watch how this unfolds, re-read above examples three times if you are having comprehension issues.

Last edited:
This won't change the dynamics much. Despite this refusal, the relationship between Pakistan and Afghanistan won't change much.
As the thread suggests , Pakistan wan't India to use the Karachi port and not Land route.

Mumbai to Karachi is around 589 nautical miles, and Mumbai to Chabahar, Iran is 936 NM. It would be a almost twice the length for India should be ready to subsidize this route, if it intends strategic relation with tehran and kabul, this would be good trade off, rather than using karachi port.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom