PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan formally recognises the Republic of Kosovo

By PPI
Published: December 24, 2012

483808-republicofkosovo-1356359374-861-640x480.png

ISLAMABAD: The Government of Pakistan has decided to accord recognition to the Republic of Kosovo.

The decision has been made in accordance with the aspirations of the people of Kosovo.

The Pakistan Ambassador in Turkey will be concurrently accredited as Ambassador of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan to the Republic of Kosovo.

The foreign ministry issued a formal announcement on its website to dispel rumours surrounding Pakistan’s recognition.

Kosovo, formerly an autonomous province in Yugoslavia, became independent on February 17, 2008, but is not recognised by a number of countries.

On Monday, Pakistan became the 98th UN state to recognise Kosovo as an independent country.

Source: Pakistan formally recognises the Republic of Kosovo – The Express Tribune

Well it's finally happened. Relations with Russia have become stronger none of the disastrous things predicted in the past have occurred.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/strate...-kosovo-turkish-republic-northern-cyprus.html

Yes, perhaps Kosovo, Albania, and Bosnia and Herzgovina may want to buy JF-17s.

Hey, there are no strings attached.

Interestingly, it was my Kosovar friend here in America who sent me the news of Pakistan recognizing Kosovo a few days ago. Before that I felt a bit ashamed and made excuses like Russian pressure on Pakistan.

In general, it is not a good idea to carve out countries from sovereign countries based on ethnic reasons. But the world has done a few in last few years: East Timor, South Sudan. If there are overwhelming reasons then the world must come together and find solutions instead of perpetuating man-made false boundaries which only cause strife and suffering. Kosovo--with 90% ethnic Muslims/Albanians-- has been a strong case for self-rule.

Best of luck to Kosovo!

Although its much late but better late than never :)

Interestingly, it was my Kosovar friend here in America who sent me the news of Pakistan recognizing Kosovo a few days ago. Before that I felt a bit ashamed and made excuses like Russian pressure on Pakistan.

In general, it is not a good idea to carve out countries from sovereign countries based on ethnic reasons. But the world has done a few in last few years: East Timor, South Sudan. If there are overwhelming reasons then the world must come together and find solutions instead of perpetuating man-made false boundaries which only cause strife and suffering. Kosovo--with 90% ethnic Muslims/Albanians-- has been a strong case for self-rule.

Best of luck to Kosovo!

Ethnically homogenous states are the tradition of the west (and in some part, East). Though they do not confirm with modern principles of liberalism and racial equality, one cannot ignore the peace and tranquillity in the lack of ethnic violence in these countries; primarily, in the case where there has been past tension of a deep and detestable nature of two ethnic groups.

Erdogan convinced Pakistan to recognize Kosovo. Great step indeed.

I think Kosovo should form a union with Albania to build a more credible state as Kosovo is landlocked.

Erdogan convinced Pakistan to recognize Kosovo. Great step indeed.

I think Kosovo should form a union with Albania to build a more credible state as Kosovo is landlocked.

Albania is trying to get in EU, they would not allow such a thing

Albania is trying to get in EU, they would not allow such a thing

Maybe, maybe not. Albania is Muslim country, i wonder if EU will allow them in to begin with, not to forget that Albania was recently ranked as the most corrupt country in Europe.

For my personal opinion, i would like to see a union between Albania and Kosovo.

This whole thing created a very dangerous precedent - if immigrants move to an area and become the majority they can start a rebellion, get help - and get recognized as a country. This can happen in a huge numbers of countries now, who have similar issues, as I think is also the case with a region in Pakistan.

Albania and Kosovo won't unite, Albanians don't want to. Besides that, Kosovo isn't really viable as a country and peace is held only at gun point - as soon as foreign forces leave, fighting will begin again.
Bad idea all around, autonomy would have been a far better option, but it's way to late now..:confused:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom