What's new

Pakistan Rangers taunt ‘hungry’ BSF jawans

"At sectors where Indian and Pakistani border posts are located opposite each other on either side of the border — such as some places in Barmer sector of the Gujarat frontier — the Pak Rangers taunt our men with jibes like, 'If you are hungry, please come over. We have food here,'" a top BSF official (Gujarat Frontier) said

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...book.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=TOI

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Pakistan%2Barmy%2Bsoldier%2Band%2Bofficer%2Bfood.jpg

Very Generous !

Pakistan%2Barmy%2Bsoldier%2Band%2Bofficer%2Bfood.jpg

Very Generous !

No need to fight in the mud. Let them sling it. Doesn't change reality that this is an issue of corruption NOT lack of food or resources.
This is no different than the Pakistani politicians and army men skimming from the top in deals. But when the intention is to just ridicule rather than look pragmatically at a situation, you cant expect much else than the reactions here.

One thing is certain. This is a management issue for India and I'm glad that it came to the forefront. Such corruption and mistreatment of soldiers needs to be dealt with immediately. And if such news lights a fire under the asses of those that allow such negligence to slip under the radar, then its worth the shame we have to face with such news.

No need to fight in the mud. Let them sling it. Doesn't change reality that this is an issue of corruption NOT lack of food or resources.
This is no different than the Pakistani politicians and army men skimming from the top in deals. But when the intention is to just ridicule rather than look pragmatically at a situation, you cant expect much else than the reactions here.

One thing is certain. This is a management issue for India and I'm glad that it came to the forefront. Such corruption and mistreatment of soldiers needs to be dealt with immediately. And if such news lights a fire under the asses of those that allow such negligence to slip under the radar, then its worth the shame we have to face with such news.

I agree that corruption exists and issue highlighted has merit-

But that particular case- where that BSF constable was complaining about chouka in daal(fried daal) and butter on roti- was more of a bickering- We even in our houses don't have daal fry and butter roti and masala sabzi every day- It is not good for health- He being deployed in High Altitude area should have even more simple diet specially that sabzi shown had too much oil and masala in it-

This problem about Food IS NOT a Big problem

It is just a logistics issue ; it can be sorted easily and It WILL be sorted out

I agree that corruption exists and issue highlighted has merit-

But that particular case- where that BSF constable was complaining about chouka in daal(fried daal) and butter on roti- was more of a bickering- We even in our houses don't have daal fry and butter roti and masala sabzi every day- It is not good for health- He being deployed in High Altitude area should have even more simple diet specially that sabzi shown had too much oil and masala in it-

I cant comment on this part as I genuinely am not sure what the standard ration served to the officers and soldiers on postings are.
If there is a grievance, it must be investigated. That's all I can say. Accountability is the key. We lack this in our current system.
Besides, I'm a foodie myself and eat portions suitable for a few people. So It would be hypocritical of me to judge these soldiers demand for "better" food or portions. Whatever that maybe.

This problem about Food IS NOT a Big problem

It is just a logistics issue ; it can be sorted easily and It WILL be sorted out

I kind of believe this news. don't believe this is a logistics issue. India is riddled with corruption at every level!
It is disgusting. We need to address this ASAP

I kind of believe this news. don't believe this is a logistics issue. India is riddled with corruption at every level!
It is disgusting. We need to address this ASAP.

It is not a big deal ; it just needs proper focus

Now ALL Battalion Commanders would be instructed to make sure they
do this work ie Food Logistics as a top priority

It is not a big deal ; it just needs proper focus

Now ALL Battalion Commanders would be instructed to make sure they
do this work ie Food Logistics as a top priority

That's why we need that Jan lokpal bill.
We need civilian oversight to address these issues. Someone from the people needs to stand up and tackle these issues.

I suppose we are on the opposite sides on this issue.

I'm a foodie myself and eat portions suitable for a few people. So It would be hypocritical of me to judge these soldiers demand for "better" food or portions. Whatever that maybe.

I think the Health is of utmost importance- Demanding too much oil, spices and fat in food is not good when the rate of cardiac arrests and heart attacks have been on a rise in BSF-

Traditional non-oily food like Sattu, Makka Sattu, Saag, non fried daal, chickpea etc and roasted meat should be encouraged they don't look appealing to a food enthusiast but are good for health- In fact Indians fought all over the World in both World wars surviving on such food-

We need civilian oversight to address these issues. Someone from the people needs to stand up and tackle these issues.

No we dont need that " Super PM or " Super Judge " called Jan Lok Pal

We just need a proper Grievance handling mechanism in the Forces

A small but dedicated Help desk ; just In case the Battalion Commander is
an un responsive jerk

However the recent events have simply upended the way the Officers look
at this issue

All that a C.O of a Unit has to do is to spend just Half an hour
on this matter daily ; they can cut down on their golf or drinks

Such things will create more nonsense and weaken the chain of command ultimately resulting in the collapse of the Indian system-

I think the Health is of utmost importance- Demanding too much oil, spices and fat in food is not good when the rate of cardiac arrests and heart attacks have been on a rise in BSF-

Traditional non-oily food like Sattu, Makka Sattu, Saag, non fried daal, chickpea etc and roasted meat should be encouraged they don't look appealing to a food enthusiast but are good for health- In fact Indians fought all over the World in both World wars surviving on such food-

I Suppose you do have a point. But for any comparison, we would need to know first what was served as a norm/standard and then compare with what was "missing".

Such things will create more nonsense and weaken the chain of command ultimately resulting in the collapse of the Indian system-

I'm sorry but adding accountability and checks and balances will only improve the system.
We cant and should not allow the current system to go unabated. Having seen beaureacracy and corruption at the highest level first hand, I can tell you that its not a very efficient system at all in its current form.
Maybe the Lokpal bill is not the "solution" but it is a step in the right direction.

I Suppose you do have a point. But for any comparison, we would need to know first what was served as a norm/standard and then compare with what was "missing".

I saw former Soldiers on TV saying that the sabzi shown in the video was too much spicy and oily- and they said It is normal for soldiers on High altitude deployment to get light food rations- BSF too said the same thing- in the cant areas on plains the are as usual served lots of oily and spicy food like panner masla and Chicken tikka on a daily Basis-

No we dont need that " Super PM or " Super Judge " called Jan Lok Pal

We just need a proper Grievance handling mechanism in the Forces

A small but dedicated Help desk ; just In case the Battalion Commander is
an un responsive jerk

However the recent events have simply upended the way the Officers look
at this issue

All that a C.O of a Unit has to do is to spend just Half an hour
on this matter daily ; they can cut down on their golf or drinks

But isn't the bone of contention here that the C.Os themselves are sanctioning this skim from the top?
So how is this solving the issue?

This maybe a poor example, but its like allowing the thief to be the judge in his own trial.

I'm sorry but adding accountability and checks and balances will only improve the system.
We cant and should not allow the current system to go unabated. Having seen beaureacracy and corruption at the highest level first hand, I can tell you that its not a very efficient system at all in its current form.
Maybe the Lokpal bill is not the "solution" but it is a step in the right direction.

Lokpal and other pals Just add another system- Which gets corrupt with time and do nothing more than becoming another problem and burden on the revenue- sometimes there are a dozen to see whats wrong and not a single one to do whats is to be done- these additional legislative burdens have already created several red tapes slowing the process and adding more will bring it to halt-

Back
Top Bottom