What's new

Pakistan plans to procure 600 tanks,to beef up capability along India border

Status
Not open for further replies.
One question.

Why not Chinese tanks. Has Pakistan realised that they are not worth inducting? Better if they have realised that. Do that with planes as well. Don't waste your money.

Russian tanks are very good. Which tank does Pakistan purchases?

News surfaced about T-90s but not materialized till now.

Quote:

PAKISTANI DEFENCE MINISTER: TALKING TO RUSSIA FOR SU-35, T-90 TANKS AND AIR DEFENCE SYSTEMS

Regarding the T-90 MBT, Khan outlined that Pakistan was “interested in T-90 tanks” and that it would “not be a one-time purchase, but a long-term commitment.”

Unquote:

https://quwa.org/2018/04/08/pakista...for-su-35-t-90-tanks-and-air-defence-systems/

Following posted in news in April 2018 in India.

Pakistan in talks with Russia for procurement of T-90 tanks that India also uses
Defence Minister Khurram Dastgir Khan confirmed that Islamabad was interested in buying weapons from Moscow in an interview to the Russian news agency Sputnik, The Express Tribune reported.
PTI |Islamabad |Updated: April 8, 2018 8:33

https://indianexpress-com.cdn.amppr...t-of-t90-tanks-which-india-also-uses-5128336/

Following is posted this month.

NEW DELHI: Pakistan has drawn up an ambitious plan to procure close to 600 battle tanks including

T-90 tanks
from Russia, primarily to bolster its combat prowess along the border with India, military and intelligence sources said Sunday.

Most of the tanks Pakistan was procuring will be able to hit targets at a range of 3 to 4 km and they are set to deploy some of the tanks along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir, the sources told PTI.

Apart from battle tanks,

Pakistan Army
is also procuring 245 150mm SP Mike-10 guns from Italy out of which it has already received 120 guns.

The sources said Pakistan was eyeing to buy from Russia a batch of T-90 battle tanks- the mainstays of the armoured regiments of the

Indian Army
, and that the move reflects Islamabad's intent to forge a deeper defence engagement with Moscow which has been India's largest and most trusted defence supplier post Independence.

Pakistan has been holding joint military drills with Russia in the last couple of years besides going for defence purchases from it, triggering some concerns in New Delhi.

https://m-timesofindia-com.cdn.ampp...errer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s

Indians are paranoid about Pakistan.

oh bhai tu kis chakar main par gaya ......

They have post open source information as INTELLIGENCE REPORT all are known fact that Pakistan was testing Oplot and VT-4 tank, while interest for T-90 is also known because of the multiple statements by Pakistani delegations to Russia at different occasion in recent past, while SP Mike-10 is referring about used M-109L induction ..... they are just creating hysteria .... we have discussed all these at this very forum ......
I have read the news there are lot of faults in but T-90 news has come before so it's worth checking. Specially Russian were at IDEAS also in large numbers.

They are more than read to sell us weapons janab. They are offering any weapon we want. They already have sold 4 MI-35 and more will be ordered soon. We may have total of 20 to 24 of MI-35 attack helicopters.
Hi zarvan bro beside writing they are willing to sell anything I hope you don’t mind writing about
If we have or you have the money they are more then willing to sell anything
I’m sure you will agree with me
Thank you

Hi zarvan bro beside writing they are willing to sell anything I hope you don’t mind writing about
If we have or you have the money they are more then willing to sell anything
I’m sure you will agree with me
Thank you
Yes off course and we are buying more Mi-35 Helicopters and one other weapon system also inducted

Paranoid bhindus have gone berserk over the looming defeat of BJP in upcoming elections for fooling the poor Indians so now spreading hysteria and fear to scare people to vote for them... so much disinformation and lies are being spread ... 600 from where did they get this figure...may be printed by their backsides and
"SP Mike-10" there is no such gun in existence so they made it up like they did with the figure of 600.
This news is only intended for the Indian public and supreme court, nothing moves till there is a lot of pressure for the Govt. to act. In Pakistan we know that there are deals signed in India then they are canceled by the court, this news is only creating pressure on the Judges that they should not cause any trouble.

If Pakistan need tanks then it is not for the Indian side but for the Afghan Border. Moreover for that side Pakistan would not buy T-90 but a variant of T-80's from any former soviet country with upgrades.

I have read the news there are lot of faults in but T-90 news has come before so it's worth checking. Specially Russian were at IDEAS also in large numbers.
They might have been ukrainian!! Hazrat @Zarvan

They might have been ukrainian!! Hazrat @Zarvan
No Russians were also there I missed their booth but not only their companies were there but their soldiers were also roaming at IDEAS specially Navy and Army guys

If there is a war tank then there must be a civilian tank.:D
It's an Indian article.. and we know Indians bring tanks to kill civilians in Kashmir sometimes.. Here they are talking about war tanks.. which Pakistan will unleash on them in a future war..

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom