What's new

Pakistan officially inducts HQ 9 Air Defence system

I was actually thinking the opposite. That PA doesn't trust the PAF to be able to defend some locations so they want to enforce their own no-fly zones. It would be more in line with @kursed's assertion that PAF's vision and PA's CIADBAM are their own dairh eent ki masjids.
This reminds me of this clip.

i had the same question, does AD comes under Army or Airforce? how does it goes?
Going by the past this induction should have been under the PAF since they operated HQ-2s in the 1990s and earlier. However Bilal has some good points, it seems overall the military is evolving:
I think it's evolving thanks to greater tri-services integration (e.g., Project Vision and RAMP, Space Command, etc). So, the tri-services could be building towards common goals, but can be responsible for domains they're best equipped to handle. With its investments in air defence over the years, it seems the Army is confident it can support the HQ-9. In fact, this sets the precedent for the Navy to also induct a long-range SAM down the line for its surface ships.

The alternative is that the tri-services have revised the coverages they're responsible for ... e.g., maybe the Army and Navy can go up to 150 km range and 60,000 ft altitude, but the Air Force owns everything above that plus stuff like BMDs, satellites, etc. So, the PAF is becoming more of an 'Air and Space Force'.

I would only add that over the recent years it seems the army is taking some responsibilities away from PAF to make them a more focused force or I dare say a more aggressive force (e.g. first it was adoption of MRLS by the army so freeing PAF from CAS, now its this freeing PAF from worrying about aerial threats to army installations).

I was actually thinking the opposite. That PA doesn't trust the PAF to be able to defend some locations so they want to enforce their own no-fly zones. It would be more in line with @kursed's assertion that PAF's vision and PA's CIADBAM are their own dairh eent ki masjids.
ISPR is saying its range is above 100km so I guess it's range is in 100-150km .

Read discription of YouTube video,they are calling it strategic SAM.
Now that makes me sad

Finally hamaray tu Baal safaid ho gaye HQ9 ka wait kartay kartay. I know its been in service for a while but suspense was really killing me 😂
ISPR is saying its range is above 100km so I guess it's range is in 100-150km .

Read discription of YouTube video,they are calling it strategic SAM.
Now that makes me sad
It depends on type of target. 100-150km is for target the size of fighter aircraft. For cruise missles/ballistic missile its less than 100. Something like transport or Awacs probably more than 150. Max range is 200km+ So it all depend on detection range considering size of target.

People laughed when I said PAF is getting J10s and HQ9bs :D

4 batteries of HQ9Bs :)

Considering the size of Pakistan along with the HQ-16s, SPADA 2000s, and indiginous short range missiles. Pakistan now has a very formidable air defence system taking into consideration its size.

So who do we credit this time? Who was right all along? Was @PanzerKiel @Blacklight @kursed or @Tipu7?

Who had said 'high quality amreekan mal'? The year is ending fast...

PAF will get 20-30 J10C by years end IA along with initial batch of PL15s

Next HQ9B brigade will more than likely be settup in Gilgit. Good that Karachi got the attention it needed first.

HQ9Bs longest range missile is 250KM

Finally!!! Had been hearing about FD2000/HQ9 for longer than this forum existed :lol: daire aai par durst aai!

Could this have been the AD system that CAS said would come this year? Or can we expect something new for the PAF too?

I think it's evolving thanks to greater tri-services integration (e.g., Project Vision and RAMP, Space Command, etc). So, the tri-services could be building towards common goals, but can be responsible for domains they're best equipped to handle. With its investments in air defence over the years, it seems the Army is confident it can support the HQ-9. In fact, this sets the precedent for the Navy to also induct a long-range SAM down the line for its surface ships.

The alternative is that the tri-services have revised the coverages they're responsible for ... e.g., maybe the Army and Navy can go up to 150 km range and 60,000 ft altitude, but the Air Force owns everything above that plus stuff like BMDs, satellites, etc. So, the PAF is becoming more of an 'Air and Space Force'.
Can it be like ?
PAF = Space Comand & Project Vision
PAF + Navy = RAMP
PAF + Army = CIADBAM

??

over 100 km is very high kill probability against small target
Overall in recent chinese tests , HQ 9 B hits at ranges of 250 km to be precise
Although for P variant Pakistan might not reveal any specific detail further

Pakistan is producing upgraded versions of Crotale inhouse for a few years now. Along with shorter range Anza equpped talhas. Very similar to the american philosophy is equipping hummers with stingers. Idea is you have a much higher chance of shooting down aircrafts on the front end of the battle field rather than having long range SAM batteries far behind the front lines having to differentiate between friends/foes in a highly complicated environment.

Long range SAM systems are best suited for defence against enemy airstrikes.

Back
Top Bottom