What's new

Pakistan officially inducts HQ 9 Air Defence system

@kursed @SQ8 You think the PAF will try acquiring used or surplus F-16C/Ds with the OEM-approved SLEP (adding 4,000 to 6,000 hours)? We still have the Block-52+ overhead we can make use of, so if there's a way to bag additional F-16s of a similar type as well as upgrade them with the OEM package, it'd be worth it?
I would totally anticipate them going for anything around Block 40 and below, I doubt they'd get a US nod for anything else at this point (ADF type deal).

just discovered the composition of 1 unit from wiki:

1 search radar
1 tracking radar
1 200 kW Diesel generator truck
eight transporter erector launchers each with 4 tubes, totaling 32 rounds ready to fire

@GumNaam @MH.Yang I am more confused now than I was a year ago

Last edited:
Sorry, but this is complete nonsense. Lahore isn't just a city with good food & cool architecture. It contributes a lot to the country's economy, food security & human resources. Plus it has a strategic location. Look at the map below. You lose all that plus you'll have an otherwise avoidable refugee crisis with all the lahoris & surrounding areas. All the farmers in b/w lahore & the other cities are also gonna flee since their areas are now going to be battlefields so your food security just took a massive hit. On top of that, you'll also need to allocate resources to take back lahore. Resources that could have been used elsewhere. Karachi's port is also important but it's less so with gwadar & maybe even other ports in future.

View attachment 785611
Waiting for some Krachite, oblivious of strategic and operational considerations, ORBAT as well as terrain to complain that while there is one whole corps, 1× Indp infantry bde grp and 1× IABG as well as 1 complete AD bde JUST to defend Lahore; Whole of sindh has only a single corps( which is not the case)...

can some one at-least tell me how many units are in 1 battery? in the UK artillery batteries consisted of varying number of guns (8 during war other wise 6, I think)

then we can assume that the number of units is gonna be a surprise for bharatis
Count.....

FAofx_4XMAQDXLF.jpg

1 search radar
1 tracking radar
eight transporter erector launchers each with 4 tubes, totaling 32 rounds ready to fire

the k in wiki is for konfusion...stop relying on wikipedia.
let's hope there is someone here who might be in arms-trading business. I've been dying to know this for over a year now
you'll never know. indians will find out the hard way.

the k in wiki is for konfusion...stop relying on wikipedia.

1 search radar
1 tracking radar

wiki is correct this time about the composition of 1 formation. it is same as @ www.81.cn

1634437824736.png

We generally follow the regiment and battery procedure..... Each regiment generally contains two to three batteries of firing units..... And this was the 4th HIMAD REGIMENT.
And each battery has how many firing units?

You got it all wrong
These systems are highly modular, comprising of many different modules.
If a customer specified change is to be made, it's just a swap of a certain module with something else, and that doesn't cost a lot.
Yeah. No. You didn’t understand what I said, The basic system (launchers, launch platform and the missiles) is not going to be anything new, it’s going to be an existing system. It looks the same, it performs the same, it is the same. It makes 0 sense to pay china to somehow design a new system when one exists, and what exactly do you think is modular in said systems?

What can be changed is the sensory, the data links, the command and control center, the software etc. which is what has very likely been changed (and I pointed that out in the Post already). Even if the system is as modular as you say (it’s not), we would need to pay China to develop a new module for it that’s according to our specifics, (and then test the module to make sure it works perfectly with the system), they don’t have Pakistan-specific modules lying around. So it’s highly likely even the swapped modules are existing Chinese ones that we liked more than the ones already in the system. It’s not a major or drastic change, it’s just small changes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom