What's new

Pakistan offers JF-17 jet fighters to Indonesian Air Force

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is nothing but day dreaming :lol:
do you really want to say that India has become such an economic gaint that it can buy pakistan Air force :rofl:
kid wake up.. :hitwall:

they say that about India that the Economic Gaint is sleeping, i think it better should wake up so that it can feed its 1billios + povert struck population.

do you disagree with the fact that more then 60% of indian population find it hard to make both ends meet at the end of the day :undecided:, the medical conditions, the Slum :hitwall:

you suggest that Pakistan must get rid og Indian Phobia, bro, there is nothing like this.. but would you comment about indian very own China Phobia?? have the captured an entire province of your state, have they cut you in to parts through there terrorist activities?? then why are you considering ICBM to cover entire China?? why you need a blue water navy?? whom do you wann fight?? :hitwall: :hitwall:

Where did i say that India wants to Buy PAF read my post clearly before you comment Damn it:hitwall:

Now read the post you quoted

I was talking about a hypothetical situation there .
Considering your economic situation it may be possible.
in context of this post
what do u think that paf will sell with closed eyes .. ...
and ther will be no strings with sale contract.....
and the post to which hataf responded to
May be India should through third party buy a few to see how good these planes are and use them for aggressor training considering they will be the main stay of the PAF

Indonesia , Libya , Syria , Egypt are those countries where we can secure some "Big" orders not just for JFT but also for Y-8 AWACS , Air force modernization and Pilot training.

The JF17 thunder project would be a great option for Sale to

a) Libya 80 planes
b) Egypt 80 planes
c) Iran (Provided sanctions are lifted), 200 planes
d) Indonesia 20 planes
e) Middle East 40-50 planes
f ) Syria 50-60 planes
g) Malasia 40 planes

So the market is there , provided we don't lose economically due to unilateral sanctions , becasue we are losing our customer potential.

Also we need to get these fighters more involved in strategic missions , to demostrate their effetiveness

a) Libya 80 planes
b) Egypt 80 planes
d) Indonesia 20 planes
f ) Syria 50-60 planes
g) Malasia 40 planes

So the market is there , provided we don't lose economically due to unilateral sanctions , becasue we are losing our customer potential.

Also we need to get these fighters more involved in strategic missions , to demostrate their effetiveness

JF-17 offer excellent upgrade options already.
The problem comes when you have to integrate a powerful radar in the nose where the space is limited due to aerodynamics. But as time goes on, electronics can be scaled down. So by 2015 we can expect a smaller more powerful radar for JF-17.

The only problem right now is the engine. If JF-17 has to make it to other countries it must get rid of Russian or Western engines. That is one thing that these Russians will try to control and bring it down.

Russians are smart. They know that this plane is capable of knocking out their MIGs in the lighter-medium weight range and hence they want to stop the engine supply.

JF-17 could be and should be evolved. When PAF pilots who flew F-16s say JF-17 is superior, i don't think we have any reason to doubt it's ability to counter any modern fighter in any battle space.

here is an article
Yet Another F-16 Clone
July 22, 2010: South Korea and Indonesia have agreed to jointly develop a new fighter, the KFX. This would be an aircraft with capabilities somewhat beyond the top-line American F-16 Block 60. The best example of this is a special version of the Block 60 developed for the UAE (United Arab Emirates). The UAE bought 80 "Desert Falcons" (the F-16E) which is optimized for air combat. It is a 22 ton aircraft based on the Block 52 model, but with an AESA (phased array) radar and lots of other additional goodies.

KFX development is expected to take ten years and cost $2 billion. South Korea hopes to build on the work it did to develop its T-50 jet trainer. This is a 13 ton, two seat, single engine aircraft that is also available as a combat model (the F-50), which carries a 20mm autocannon and up to three tons of bombs and missiles. The KFX would weigh twice as much, have one or two engines, a single seat and the ability to carry twice as much weight in weapons. The KFX is expected to look more like the Eurofighter Typhoon, than the T-50 or F-16. The KFX is also expected to cost $50 million each, have advanced electronics (including an AESA radar). Indonesia will provide 20 percent of the development costs and buy fifty of the KFX’s. South Korea will buy 150-250 of the new aircraft, to replace its current fleet of elderly American F-4s and F-5s. This is an ambitious undertaking, and success is not certain, especially when the timeline, budget and aircraft performance are concerned.

The competition remains the U.S. F-16, which is one of the most modified jet fighters in service. While most are still called the F-16C, there are actually six major mods, identified by block number (32, 40, 42, 50, 52, 60), plus the Israeli F-16I, which is a major modification of the Block 52. The F-16D is a two seat trainer version of F-16Cs. The various block mods included a large variety of new components (five engines, four sets of avionics, five generations of electronic warfare gear, five radars and many other mechanical, software, cockpit and electrical mods.)
now what I suspect that creating 4.5++ fighter in only 2 Billion Budjet would be an extremely challenging task....on the other hand Thunder when immensily upgraded, will cost yet lower than KFX, not to mention the threats of delay or in worse scenario (which i hope will not happen) may be a failure....considering all they want to build is a block 60 comparable......but 50 million USD and a Eurofighter like machine...not a bad bet at all.....

Pakistan Defense Minister Chaudhary Ahmed Mukhtar offers his Indonesian counterpart the latest jet fighter called the JF-17 during his visit to Jakarta on Wednesday.Defense Minister Purnomo Yusgiantoro responded to the offer, saying that further discussion would be conducted in October.“We will see it first before we decide if we have an interest in purchasing the aircraft,” Purnomo said.Purnomo said he learned there had been 500 JF-17 jet fighters produced; 350 are allocated for Pakistan and the remaining 150 are for China.

Indoesians are going for Sukhois and also showed interest in getting their hands on PAK-FA:hang2:

JF-17 offer excellent upgrade options already.
The problem comes when you have to integrate a powerful radar in the nose where the space is limited due to aerodynamics. But as time goes on, electronics can be scaled down. So by 2015 we can expect a smaller more powerful radar for JF-17.

The only problem right now is the engine. If JF-17 has to make it to other countries it must get rid of Russian or Western engines. That is one thing that these Russians will try to control and bring it down.

Russians are smart. They know that this plane is capable of knocking out their MIGs in the lighter-medium weight range and hence they want to stop the engine supply.

JF-17 could be and should be evolved. When PAF pilots who flew F-16s say JF-17 is superior, i don't think we have any reason to doubt it's ability to counter any modern fighter in any battle space.

The Russians are not Dead.

Assalamu'alaikum brother...

We just sign a MoU with South Korea for development of K-FX fighter program... however we also interested in JF-17, If this offer include transfer of technology then why should we reject,... it takes years to decide wether this aircraft meet indonesia AF requirement or not, hopefully we can buy few skadron of jf17 to fill light fighter class in our AF

btw
this is my first post in this forum, sorry 4 my bad english :cheers:

Indoesians are going for Sukhois and also showed interest in getting their hands on PAK-FA:hang2:
As they dont have any official website and unofficial page was update in 2001, so i had to resort to wiki for this

By 2005 the Air Force was experiencing a logistical crisis. The F-16 Fighting Falcons and A-4 Skyhawk, which accounted for 80% of its air combat assets, were at the minimum or nil level of combat readiness.

To respond to the crisis, in 2006, the Indonesian Air Force ordered three Sukhoi Aerospace Su-27SKM and three Sukhoi Aerospace Su-30MK2 to complete a full squadron. It was also made public that the four aircraft procured in 2003 were inactive and awaiting an upgrade of their communication systems, as they were incompatible with the Indonesian systems in use. The additional aircraft will be ordered with systems complying with the Indonesian and international standards and would also include new weaponry for all variants. A further 12 KT-1b Korean basic trainers were also ordered in 2006.

Future plans, military budgets permitting, include purchasing new F-16C/D Fighting Falcons to strengthen the F-16 squadron, upgrading the current fleet of C-130 Hercules to modern C-130Js and buying newer C-130Js to supplement the inventory, purchasing newer advanced trainers and light attack aircraft for COIN operations, purchasing new radars and receiving new logistical equipment from both Western and Russian manufacturers. The Indonesian Ministry of Defense also expressed an interest in buying approximately two squadrons of refurbished Dassault Mirage 2000-5 from France, complete with Matra Magic II and MBDA MICA air-to-air missiles. France recommended the Dassault Rafale to Indonesian Air Force, since Dassault had decided to stop the production of Dassault Mirage 2000. The Indonesian Air Force is also showing interest in the newly made Chengdu J-10 Vigorous Dragon and JF-17 Thunder from China, and also the SAAB JAS-39 Gripen from Sweden, all suitable options for succeeding the aging Northrop F-5E/F Tiger II. In March 2008, Indonesian Air Force ordered 8 Embraer EMB-314 Super Tucano from Brazil to replace its Rockwell OV-10F Bronco. Up to 16 more Super Tucano may be acquired eventually.
so there you go......I did not see any news in which Indonesians showed an interest in PAK-FA ( if you can provide me with source, much appriciated) with K-FX they will have to weight for 10 years....they cant risk it that long....Sukhios are more air superiority fighters than multirole... Choice of a multirole will be their best option. But yes I only see either Indonesia or Malaysia buying thunders...as you dont prefer the same aircraft in you adversary

We'll have to wait and see if Indonesia will acquire JF-17. Pakistan simply offered and for now there seems to be Indonesian interest in evaluating the fighter. A couple things to note though. Firstly, I don't think Indonesia is interested in flying its F-5E Tiger IIs all through this decade, hence its interest in new-built F-16s. However, there is a tight U.S. arms embargo on the country. And of course, F-16 isn't cheap either (nearing $100mn per fighter). I'm sure PAF connected the dots and decided to jump in with a potentially very attractive offer to the Indonesian Air Force.

you're completley right brother....

US impose arms embargo to Indonesia.. thats why most of our F-16 are grounded. the ban has been lifted in 2005, and lately they come offered us stuff like chinook, F-16 and any other, but it is rejected by goverment and parliament, because lesson learn from arms embargo.. thats why we buy russian fighter..

We just sign a MoU with South Korea for development of K-FX fighter program... however we also interested in JF-17, If this offer include transfer of technology then why should we reject,... it takes years to decide wether this aircraft meet indonesia AF requirement or not, hopefully we can buy few skadron of jf17 to fill light fighter class in our AF

btw

welcum to Pdf. Apa Kabar? Ya hopefully indo might get their hands on thunder. Pak should sign a pact with indo to counter indian strategic ties in east asia region.

a) Libya 80 planes
b) Egypt 80 planes
d) Indonesia 20 planes
f ) Syria 50-60 planes
g) Malasia 40 planes

the order will be much more then this number bro....http://www.defence.pk/forums/images/smilies/cute/cheers.gif

Take Libya out of equation..Kazzabi would be on dinner with US reverse engineering experts to set up a facility for tearing apart JF17 bit by bit..and find out african copyrighted material so he can claim royalities. :D :D

ohh the jet is like modren day equivalent to flying carpet..damn that..African invention.

It was just an offer made by Pak Def Minister..

Malaysians already going for Sukhois ..!! They have F-18s as well.. I see no reason they buying JF-17

Its like we have f16s and we will be having j10Bs but why are we producing JF17, avoid stereotypic comment

btw

don't worry about English "above post shows that u know enough"
welcome to forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom