What's new

Pakistan offers JF-17 jet fighters to Indonesian Air Force

Status
Not open for further replies.
When considering the value for money i think jf17 will be a good choice for any developing country.No other country/manufacturer can offer a 4,5g fighter plane for around $20million.Truely an achievement for pakistan and china

Well, This world has Witnessed the Low Cost products from China even before, So what makes Thunder Exceptional That It would Make fear across the Nations Like French,US and Russia...

JF-17 was delivered with Chinese Avionics, Why did pakistan Opt for French Stuff Instead???

Well IF This aircraft is configured with Western Avionics and Stuffs and still Selling it for the same Price Might cause a Huge worry For the Nations You mentioned:pop:

well I am surprised that you asked this....The answer is straight...
thunder's basic cost is low and it is upgradable...so it provides a buyer with a host of flexiblilty options....say a buyer's main adversary has majority of mig-21s in its fleet so JFT can be offered at a lower price tag with consistant level of technology.....Another country has significantly stronger adversary....thunder can be upgraded with better avionics in this case at a higher price tag....so effectively JFT can fit in both medium tech and high tech levels....like F-16 blocks.....but given the base price (without sophisticated avios) is less, thus upgraded price tag is also relatively less. Btw, buyers are looking at it as a CAS aircraft option....This means that Sukhoi etc can not compete it as they are strike and AS aircrafts. in short JFT is a backbone replacer than a front liners......so eventhough malaysia purchases Sukhoi....they would not replace all of their fleet with Sukhoi's.......I hope i have answered you...:coffee:

we might not replace our old fleet(F-5,MiG-29N and Hawk 208) with all of them Flanker but that doesn't mean we will acquire JF-17 either

RMAF is focusing on 4.5 generation aircraft with 2 engine,multirole capabilite,long range and heavy payload and maritime capability.several option already being considered.F/A-18F is one of the candidate but eurofighter typhoon and rafale are also on the list(JAS-39 too but i don't think we'll ever bought this)

we might not replace our old fleet(F-5,MiG-29N and Hawk 208) with all of them Flanker but that doesn't mean we will acquire JF-17 either

RMAF is focusing on 4.5 generation aircraft with 2 engine,multirole capabilite,long range and heavy payload and maritime capability.several option already being considered.F/A-18F is one of the candidate but eurofighter typhoon and rafale are also on the list(JAS-39 too but i don't think we'll ever bought this)

ok dont buy brother we hve got many other countries in line to buy JF17....if u dont buy that does not mean its sale will stop...i hope ur satisfied now..

Egyptians, Turkish have seen it already.
Americans, French and Russinas are already in panic of loosing market.
Truly a 'thunder' it is.

:lol: right, Lockheed and Boeing execs are jumping out of windows and splattering on side walks as we speak .:no:

well I am surprised that you asked this....The answer is straight...
thunder's basic cost is low and it is upgradable...so it provides a buyer with a host of flexiblilty options....say a buyer's main adversary has majority of mig-21s in its fleet so JFT can be offered at a lower price tag with consistant level of technology.....Another country has significantly stronger adversary....thunder can be upgraded with better avionics in this case at a higher price tag....so effectively JFT can fit in both medium tech and high tech levels....like F-16 blocks.....but given the base price (without sophisticated avios) is less, thus upgraded price tag is also relatively less. Btw, buyers are looking at it as a CAS aircraft option....This means that Sukhoi etc can not compete it as they are strike and AS aircrafts. in short JFT is a backbone replacer than a front liners......so eventhough malaysia purchases Sukhoi....they would not replace all of their fleet with Sukhoi's.......I hope i have answered you...:coffee:

Not really, You just said, it can be upgraded According to situation and the price changes, then how does it play a common platform??? I mean any airccraft would be better if Upgraded.... isnt it???:pop: ... rest of your post, I second that:tup:

It is good that PAF trying to promote JF-17 to many countries, however, how it is going to supply the plane without engine? Without sorting out the engine problem no one take it to second round. PAF Chief said at Farnborough International Air Show that China has also manufactured engines for this aircraft which are currently under testing and trials.
“We have to see how far these engines are successful and then possibly induct them into JF-17”.

What if engines are not sucessful? What is an alternative?

Hope he clarifies it further.

Good news , pakistan should increase its defence corporation with indonesia and malaysia as we all know india have good strategic relation with singapore

Let me give you the reason of worry for major aircraft manufacturers. Since late 20th century, they all focused on high performance, highly expensive fighters for the 21st century by developing front line, ultra expensive fighters and in doing so, forgot the most vital segment i.e. the mainstay segment. This is the segment where F-16 and Mig-21 became major success stories for US and Russia but now they all went ahead with SUs, Raptors, Rafales, Eurofighters and JSFs. Since the mainstay segment is vacant, China and Pakistan saw a window of opportunity to penetrate the military aviation market with a product that not only delivers all the capabilities of a fourth gen fighter but at a cost which no other country can compete with as of now.
Also, most countries can not afford ultra expensive fighters like above mentioned ones. Heck, even Grippen costs more than 50 mil and it is a light fighter. Major aircraft manufacturers have committed a blunder and now they are realizing what they are about to loose but with the presence of JFT, it seems all too late for them. This point is further validated by no interest for Rafale, Brits are reducing their EF orders as they can't afford it anymore and even Germans are revising their initial requirements and these are not poor countries by any means. No one would have thought Turkish and Indonesian interest in JFT but this has happened and shows what prospect it holds in years to come.

The initial excitement of JF-17 will end soon and we will be back to real world. Pakistan needs to replace its obsolete fighters and we need JF-17s more than any other country. Some fanboys are jumping that everybody that showed some interest is going to buy JF-17 they are in for reality check in next few years. The countries that may buy JF-17 could possibly be not in this list.

It was just an offer made by Pak Def Minister..

Malaysians already going for Sukhois ..!! They have F-18s as well.. I see no reason they buying JF-17

Atleast we have something completed and competitive to offer to other countries. I can understand the pain u are facing but now what could be done. If countries are considering thunder better then others then there is something good except price.

It is good that PAF trying to promote JF-17 to many countries, however, how it is going to supply the plane without engine? Without sorting out the engine problem no one take it to second round. PAF Chief said at Farnborough International Air Show that China has also manufactured engines for this aircraft which are currently under testing and trials.
“We have to see how far these engines are successful and then possibly induct them into JF-17”.

What if engines are not sucessful? What is an alternative?

Hope he clarifies it further.

Engine issue definately a good sign for you but dude i think you donot read news papers and don't even read all other threads on this forum otherwise you will never say this

dude , its not you who will decide what to buy , its your govt who have authority , we offed thunders to indonesia not malaysia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom