What's new

Pakistan offers JF-17 jet fighters to Indonesian Air Force

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please stop over and under estimating both the aircrafts and the countries producing and those interested to buy.

The ground reality is that Our world is huge and so is the defence market and where major producers focus on high tech and high quality toys affordable for only rich countries, we will find countries who can't afford the expensive price and we will provide them with cost effective solutions with a very good performance if not excellent!!!

There is enough space in international market for Pakistan to put her feet and make a stand. We have no aim to challenge the likes of US & Russia, all we want is to get self sufficient in this field and we need exports to start the life cycle of our defense industry.

Moral of the story: Among the giants of defense technologies Pakistan and its fighter will find enough space to make a healthy living!!!

The Defense Ministry is currently developing its own jet fighter project with South Korea. Dubbed the KFX project, the project is aimed at providing both countries with five jet fighter prototypes before 2020.

Considering everything goes according to plan for the KFX project, the Indonesian Air Force is going to get 5 prototypes by 2020? You have to allow some duration for the evaluation / modification / approval cycles. After that the actual production will start and decent numbers like 30 to 40 fighters getting inducted. All this is not likely to get accomplished before 2022 (i.e. optimistically speaking).

Is it logical that the Indonesian Air Force will delay modernizing their fleet till then i.e. till 2022? Won't they consider to take any interim steps?

Regards

growth potencial in JF17 is the major attraction for many countries besides the price being low.

Firstly, Pakistan should induct at least 100 before start delivering to other countries. This was a project to replace Pakistan's obsolete fleet rather than export driven project. Secondly, with a price of $15 million it would attract most clients with small defense budgets. Indonesia and Egypt both have financial resources to get top of the line fighters. I think some countries that will eventually buy JF-17 may have not have been mentioned in this thread.

I am told that negotiations with Egyptians have entered the final phase and if all goes well as it has been the case so far, a contract for license production in Egypt will soon be announced INSHA ALLAH.

look guys indonesian Airforce is the weakest airforce in the region....only 6 SU-30s are their asset....rest of the fleet is handful of old bl-15 Falcons, tigers, some trainers assigned fighter role.. and worst of all they dont have enough ACs.....they badly need some fresh 4th or 4.5th gen in their AF. Thunder will be enough tempting for them in-terms of price as they not only need to fill the tech but also the numbers gap....considering KFX not coming before 2023-2025....Thunder has a very strong chance of making into the regional AFs except RSgAF

So how much indonesia is going to buy 50-70 in 3 batches and what about phillipines and Burma???

Quoting from another Forum
Russia blocks sale of engines for Sino-Pak fighter jets

Russia has blocked the sale of 100 RD-93 engines to China for FC-1, the joint Sino-Pak fighter, which could emerge as a rival for its MiG-29 fighter in the global markets, according to a report today.

"The new contract with China for the sale of 100 RD-93 engines has not been signed," Kommersant reported quoting its sources in the military-industrial complex.

The deal for the supply of second batch of 100 RD-93 manufactured by Moscow-based Chernyshev Machine building Plant for FC-1 (Pakistani version JF-17) was to be signed with China back in May, however, CEO of RAC MiG and Sukhoi Aircraft Holding Mikhail Pogosyan has torpedoed it, Kommersant business daily reported.

"One of the sources confirmed that Pogosyan has virtually blocked the deal with China by writing to the Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation (FSMTC) and Rosoboronexport (ROE) state arms exporter that FC-1 is a direct rival of Russian MiG-29 fighters in several foreign markets," the daily writes noting that Russian and Chinese fighters are in the race for an Egyptian contract.

"I am not against the re-export of individual technologies, but it should be done in agreement with the producers of finished-product, so that this re-export does not damage their interests," Pogosyan told Kommersant.

"Re-export is allowed by the government decision and we don't have a practice of consulting producers of finished products.

Under the inter-governmental bilateral agreement in November 2007 China was allowed to re-export RD-93 as part of FC-1 fighter to Egypt, Nigeria, Bangladesh, Saudi Arabia and Algeria," press service of state arms exporting monopoly ROE was quoted as saying by the daily.

The Kommersant reminds that Chernyshev Plant a part of United Engine Corporation has supplied 100 RD-93 engines to China under the USD 238 million deal signed in 2005.

A framework agreement for the sale of 500 such engines for the Sino-Pak joint fighter was also signed at that time and Beijing was ready to buy up to 1,000 engines in over USD 3 billion, if Russia agreed to offer its modernised version with greater thrust.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Russia...e1-567821.aspx
although the news was proved to be wrong by various sources but still the alarm might well be ringing in Moscow. the JF17 competing the Mig29 in indonesia tender, WoW!

i hope this serves as a wake-up call for those who think the JF is a junk.

actually i find an intresting article posted by Sir. Fatman, there were a few line that actually reflected why and how the JF can causing Thunders in export market, posting here for you guys to review:

The concept for the JF-17 is to use it as a basic platform that can be exported to multiple countries and to fit it with whatever set of onboard systems a customer would prefer. "We have learnt how to integrate different avionics and weapon systems on to the JF-17," AVM Arif said. "There is still active interest in having the set of French-made hardware for the aircraft - the Thales RC400 radar and the MBDA air-to-air missiles - that have been under discussion for some time now."

now this option, we have talked to death, the ability to accomodate a vast range of equipment is something that is of European/Russian aircraft builders concern! :pakistan:

regards!

Basically, AVM is just mentioning what some find difficult to understand i.e. plug and play which was the design philosophy behind JFT project from the beginning. From hardware to software, to weapons and sensors, it is a plug and play concept all the way...

I think it comes to what role they would want. Indonesia is more closer to Australia and therefore as if with every neighbouring country in this part of the world, they'd consider a 2-tier AF. The JF-17 is perhaps an excellent point-defense combat aircraft.

Let's see. I see that Pakistan has done some good marketing around certain countries. I seriously appreciate the effortsyou guyshas put in marketing and sales of the fighter.

DRDO has much to learn from such news reports with regards to Tejas. If the sale happens, your government's marketing efforts and hard work will be rewarded. :)

May be India should through third party buy a few to see how good these planes are and use them for aggressor training considering they will be the main stay of the PAF

May be India should through third party buy a few to see how good these planes are and use them for aggressor training considering they will be the main stay of the PAF

what do u think that paf will sell with closed eyes .. ...
and ther will be no strings with sale contract.....

what do u think that paf will sell with closed eyes .. ...
and ther will be no strings with sale contract.....

I was talking about a hypothetical situation there .
Considering your economic situation it may be possible.

And that is what your mind tells you eh, that just because we might be strapped on the cash part we will just hand out out merchandise to any one. Then you dont know who and what Pakistan and Pakistanis are. :pakistan:

that is nothing but day dreaming :lol:
do you really want to say that India has become such an economic gaint that it can buy pakistan Air force :rofl:
kid wake up.. :hitwall:

they say that about India that the Economic Gaint is sleeping, i think it better should wake up so that it can feed its 1billios + povert struck population.

do you disagree with the fact that more then 60% of indian population find it hard to make both ends meet at the end of the day :undecided:, the medical conditions, the Slum :hitwall:

you suggest that Pakistan must get rid og Indian Phobia, bro, there is nothing like this.. but would you comment about indian very own China Phobia?? have the captured an entire province of your state, have they cut you in to parts through there terrorist activities?? then why are you considering ICBM to cover entire China?? why you need a blue water navy?? whom do you wann fight?? :hitwall: :hitwall:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom