What's new

Pakistan offers Al-Khalid to Kuwait

I think Pakistan will have a much better chance with the AK2 if talking about Gulf Arab export prospects. Though even if we had the best tanks for the best price, I'm afraid U.S. pressure on the Arabs will outweigh the merit from our side.

I think Pakistan will have a much better chance with the AK2 if talking about Gulf Arab export prospects. Though even if we had the best tanks for the best price, I'm afraid U.S. pressure on the Arabs will outweigh the merit from our side.

our real problem is that we lack the capability and expertise (called marketing) to sell our products. our products are not designed for money-rich countries of the ME but more for 3rd world countries who are cash-strapped. we need to focus on them (ala china), with due respect to our generals, they are not marketeers. the 1st sign of moving in this direction has been the setting up of a joint pak-china marketing org to sell the JF-17. POF needs to do the same for AK and other weapons.

Our weapon makers are as far away from proper marketing as the poles are from the equator!

As a measure of phased transition of the Pakistani weapons industry into private sector hands, I believe that until organizations like POF, HIT, PAC etc give their marketing rights to the experienced companies based in the private sector in Pakistan they will never be able to secure a major sale of the manufactured hardware. Its very difficult for Government of Pakistan to understand that in order to make money you have to spend money first. This is the reasons that we have missed the chances of selling AK to the Malaysians (they bought Polish tanks) and APC Saad & AK-1 etc until now to the Saudis.

Has Pakistan begun to produce Al-Khalid-II ? How does it compare with AK-I ? The Arabs prefer heavy tanks, the AK-I does not qualify as a heavy tank. Perhaps Pakistan can focus on building AK-II as a heavy tank.

Has Pakistan begun to produce Al-Khalid-II ? How does it compare with AK-I ? The Arabs prefer heavy tanks, the AK-I does not qualify as a heavy tank. Perhaps Pakistan can focus on building AK-II as a heavy tank.

Up-scaled AK-II designed for the international market & Pakistan Army is almost ready. It has a more powerful engine (1200hp Ukrainian), it has the Italian Thermal Imaging System (Selex), it has a day/night driver night vision sight, in addition to the usual brand of usual commander's panoramic, auto-loading etc. HIT also intends equipping the AK-II's with Laser Threat Sensors and on-board IBMS manufactured by a local company in Pakistan.

I would not know why would the Arabs prefer a heavier tank as long as they have to drive on sand in which a heavier tank has the tendency to get bogged down.

I would not know why would the Arabs prefer a heavier tank as long as they have to drive on sand in which a heavier tank has the tendency to get bogged down.

Heavy tanks mean better armour and better armour means better protection, most probably the Arabs want better protection for their tank crews. Heavier tanks also tend to have superior fire power.

Unlike the other Gulf Arab countries, Kuwait doesn't have the best financial situation, so it could take Pakistani weapons into account.

But it's not somalia,still they doesnt have to worry about it! perheps, they never worried about anything, except beautyfull ladies?:lol:

they don't w orry about ladies their only worry is how tall buildings should be lol no kuwait is totally under US control in terms of defense spending wut to buy wut to get wut to reject.

They will wish they didn't once we display AK2. Only until then will we win over major tank customers IMO. So far the AK is having a hard time competing with the T-90 based purely on preconceived notions. Slowly you will find out that the T90 is ill suited for desert warfare as the Indians are slowly finding out.

In another thread someone claims that AK-I is a failure. He claims that he works for Pakistani defence contactors. All this time I had high hopes on this project, this man's post has put a dent on it. Someone with solid information should say something.

In another thread someone claims that AK-I is a failure. He claims that he works for Pakistani defence contactors. All this time I had high hopes on this project, this man's post has put a dent on it. Someone with solid information should say something.

plzzz some link i wana see ?

China and Pakistan has cooperated on the Al Khalid and the Thunder, any cooperation on naval vessels?. This would complete your LAND, AIR and SEA cooperation with the Chinese.

Back
Top Bottom