What's new

Pakistan Navy's answer SM-2 for Brahmos.

We have had Indian members calling the Frigates decommissioned junk, given as freebies or in charity, they will lack the punching power while their pride and joy Brahmos is undetectable, untouchable, foolproof with 100% reliability to score and deployed on every Indian Naval Ship. What else is there, ah yes, the usual tactics of jumping on the band wagon and patting on the back.

@ Growler is it just me or do you see a pattern. Best to post your material and ignore the hooray Hardeeps.

Any words when the carrier of the future will set sail out of Russian docks to make the Indian Navy impregnable.

What else would PN FFGs get?

No doubt about it but then why to have such titles??? If you have atleast be more clear that what you are claiming makes sense however it is not confirmed... All you are making is a logical guess and there is nothing wrong in it...

However what's wrong in saying this??? Now coming to Brahmos vs SM2 that is a relevant topic that we guys should discuss....Hope people can now go back to debate as the confusion is settled....

In that case i guess that IN will have to rely on its anti-missile systems. Israeli help is being sought in this regard. And numbers do make a difference as is the case for IN in comparison to PN.

I am getting out of this thread for now as i am not knowledgeable enough.

here you are coming to the point, unlike some of your other friends they are not even willing to believe that brahmoos can be intercepted even when the facts are being provided by Pakistani memebers about SM2.

i liked your honesty. so get out :partay: :cheesy:

sorry guys no more insult posts we can discuss in good way.please be civil

Pakistan is not getting the SM-2 in the first place. It is only getting the frigates. So this is a delusional thread, based on a lot of assumptions.

Nothing wrong with speculating what upgrades the FFG-7's will get. We know it will have increased defense and anti sub capability for sure. But it has not been announced yet what those upgrades will be exactly. If Australia does the upgrading based on what they have done to their own FFG-7's. it could include the Evovled Sea Sparrow (ESSM). Which is definitely capable of shooting down the Brahmos.

All right Mr. Growler, you may optimistically hope that PN will get the SM-2 and i will optimistically hope that even if your optimism is validated Brahmos will still be a very potent weapon as not all of them can be intercepted. If some Brahmos can be intercepted even then Brahmos will be effective as subsonic missiles will have a greater chance of interception by SM-2 (kindly confirm this part).

But i do wish that you reduce commenting every now and then about trolling and deluded Indians. This reduces the quality of your posts.

In a scenario where 8 FFGs are operating together in PAK small territorial waters of Arabian sea it will be quite hard for many or some bharamos to slip through.
Turkey has also offered Pakistan their GENESİS Combat Management System.
A state-of-the-art combat management system to quickly, efficiently and effectively detect, identify, track and engage air, surface and subsurface
threats across multiple radar and surveillance systems for optimum awareness and decision making.

Pakistan navy has also shown a lot of interests in this system and since PAK will not pay money from its own budget for its refurbishment IMO pak will probably do up gradation to make it parity with current technologies. It will be like 25+ years block 15 F-16 receiving MLU M3 package which will make it to block 52 level or 25+ years old IAF Mirage-2000 to Mirage-2009 level after upgrades.

Nothing wrong with speculating what upgrades the FFG-7's will get. We know it will have increased defense and anti sub capability for sure. But it has not been announced yet what those upgrades will be exactly. If Australia does the upgrading based on what they have done to their own FFG-7's. it could include the Evovled Sea Sparrow (ESSM). Which is definitely capable of shooting down the Brahmos.

there is a huge difference between speculation and stating that PN will get the SM2.

We have had Indian members calling the Frigates decommissioned junk, given as freebies or in charity, they will lack the punching power while their pride and joy Brahmos is undetectable, untouchable, foolproof with 100% reliability to score and deployed on every Indian Naval Ship. What else is there, ah yes, the usual tactics of jumping on the band wagon and patting on the back.

@ Growler is it just me or do you see a pattern. Best to post your material and ignore the hooray Hardeeps.

There are many other patterns as well but i am in no mood to derail the thread...However lets get some facts straight

- Indeed US is giving you these frigates in Good will gesture...I do not see anything wrong in it however fact won't change... It is US gratitude for your role in WOT
- Brahmos is indeed a class of its own.... Obviously the makers of these missiles have lot of confidence in this system capabilities... other wise a platform that was primarily intended for Anti-Ship role would not have seen so manu variants

* Ship launched, Anti-Ship variant (operational)
* Ship launched, Land attack variant (operational)
* Land launched, Land attack variant (operational)
* Land launched, Anti-Ship variant (existence not confirmed)
* Air launched, Anti-Ship variant (development)
* Air launched, Land attack variant (development) [6]
* Submarine launched, Anti-Ship variant (development)
* Submarine launched, Land attack variant (development)

- Nothing is invincible....Nothing was nothing would be....Even the makers don't claim a 100% kill probability, however Brahmos definitely increases the kill probablity by leaps and bounds as compared to its other counterparts.... Didn't you provided a link where it was claimed that F-16 had a lock on Raptor??? However can you vouch that every time a F-16 can get a lock on raptor??? Obviously no...Similarly Brahmos is far more deadly than its counterparts and is definitely gives you an edge over your enemy...Now both are overstatements

- Enemy is doomed because we have brahmos
- Brahmos is nothing but a low stealth supersonic missile that can be taken down easily...

In the end measures and counter measures will keep evolving...It is nothing but a never ending game...

Any words when the carrier of the future will set sail out of Russian docks to make the Indian Navy impregnable.

No need to put offtopic rubbish and if you think gorkshov is not going to increase IN capabilities by leaps and bounds then all i can say is that you are living in fools paradise...

PN is not getting SM2's, simple as that, case closed.

Agreed, no point in arguing since there is no concrete evidence suggesting we will be getting SM2. Big ticket defence purchases with US are transperent unlike our purchases from China which are kept a secret, so if we are getting it i am sure the public will be notified of the proposed sale. Although i do reckon that if PN requests this system which i believe they will, there shouldnt be much of a problem from the American side. After all they didnt had any problems selling us the AMRAAMs, Harpoon II, JDAMS, Bunker Busters and LGB's which are more lethal than this system.

Agreed, no point in arguing since there is no concrete evidence suggesting we will be getting SM2. Big ticket defence purchases with US are transperent unlike our purchases from China which are kept a secret, so if we are getting it i am sure the public will be notified of the proposed sale. Although i do reckon that if PN requests this system which i believe they will, there shouldnt be much of a problem from the American side. After all they didnt had any problems selling us the AMRAAMs, Harpoon II, JDAMS, Bunker Busters and LGB's which are more lethal than this system.

So were the AGM-65 for F-16s ever mentioned in news before it popped up in PAF Block52+ in a ceremony. What about AGM-154?

Dear deluded Indian professional troll.

You never end amusing us with your useless low quality posts you have been repeating to quickly grasps some low ego indians attentions for a ego boost.

I have already debunked your useless posts.. here it is again..

OMG. You just broke the Dumbest person on earth world record.

There has been no SM-2 missile that can be launched from Mk-13 launcher. The SM-2 missile requires Mk-41 launcher and RAN frigates have been upgraded with Mk-41 launchers.

The video you posted proves nothing.

The Mk-13 launcher you would get is for launching the Harpoon.

SM-2 can not be fired from Mk-13 launchers. It has got to be complemented with Mk-41 launchers. Period.

Tell me who the deluded troll is.

The whole thread is based on stupid assumptions.

Last edited:
There are many other patterns as well but i am in no mood to derail the thread...However lets get some facts straight

- Indeed US is giving you these frigates in Good will gesture...I do not see anything wrong in it however fact won't change... It is US gratitude for your role in WOT
- Brahmos is indeed a class of its own.... Obviously the makers of these missiles have lot of confidence in this system capabilities... other wise a platform that was primarily intended for Anti-Ship role would not have seen so manu variants

* Ship launched, Anti-Ship variant (operational)
* Ship launched, Land attack variant (operational)
* Land launched, Land attack variant (operational)
* Land launched, Anti-Ship variant (existence not confirmed)
* Air launched, Anti-Ship variant (development)
* Air launched, Land attack variant (development) [6]
* Submarine launched, Anti-Ship variant (development)
* Submarine launched, Land attack variant (development)

- Nothing is invincible....Nothing was nothing would be....Even the makers don't claim a 100% kill probability, however Brahmos definitely increases the kill probablity by leaps and bounds as compared to its other counterparts.... Didn't you provided a link where it was claimed that F-16 had a lock on Raptor??? However can you vouch that every time a F-16 can get a lock on raptor??? Obviously no...Similarly Brahmos is far more deadly than its counterparts and is definitely gives you an edge over your enemy...Now both are overstatements

- Enemy is doomed because we have brahmos
- Brahmos is nothing but a low stealth supersonic missile that can be taken down easily...

In the end measures and counter measures will keep evolving...It is nothing but a never ending game...
Aircraft, anti aircraft, Tank, anti tank, Personell, anti personell devices
Ballistic Missile v ABM etc etc. Fair dos each to his own.
No need to put offtopic rubbish and if you think gorkshov is not going to increase IN capabilities by leaps and bounds then all i can say is that you are living in fools paradise...
You could have oozed with your advise much earlier however relatively speaking it's in context with the impending Frigates since it was also decommissioned and not being built from scratch and is being topped up with systems and gadgetry just as the subject.

Aircraft, anti aircraft, Tank, anti tank, Personell, anti personell devices

Ballistic Missile v ABM etc etc. Fair dos each to his own.

Now we are talking...

You could have oozed with your advise much earlier however relatively speaking it's in context with the impending Frigates since it was also decommissioned and not being built from scratch and is being topped up with systems and gadgetry just as the subject.

It's in context??? Care to explain how??? We are not discussing India Pakistan acquisition of decommissioned weapon systems... and neither any one is challenging that you will get these frigates on time at same cost etc or not...

Just for the records Gorkshov is way different ball game than these frigates...anyways not the right time or thread to discuss it...

There has been no SM-2 missile that can be launched from Mk-13 launcher. The SM-2 missile requires Mk-41 launcher and RAN frigates have been upgraded with Mk-41 launchers.

The Mk-13 launcher you would get is for launching the Harpoon.

SM-2 can not be fired from Mk-13 launchers. It has got to be complemented with Mk-41 launchers. Period.

Tell me who the deluded troll is.

Hi
we would be talking like you if we had limited approach to Wikipedia only
"SM-2 is compatible with the MK 13 and MK 26 rail launchers and the MK 41
Vertical Launching System"

http://www.raytheon.com/capabilitie...ocuments/content/rtn_rms_ps_sm2_datasheet.pdf
Please to go through this link carefully
talk about Delusions

Last edited:

1) There has been no SM-2 missile that can be launched from Mk-13 launcher. The SM-2 missile requires Mk-41 launcher and RAN frigates have been upgraded with Mk-41 launchers.
The Mk-13 launcher you would get is for launching the Harpoon.:rofl:

2) SM-2 can not be fired from Mk-13 launchers. Period.

3) Tell me who the deluded troll is.

Here you deserve that award after you have clearly proved that indeed you are not just a troll and a low quality poster but dumbest of all.

1) I hope you have two functional eyes let along a brain.
Watch the video again very carefully because you need to be very attentive!
20091208ran8106603_123.jpg

26282801.jpg

I will post this news with the biggest font this forum has just for you so that you can read without having any difficulties.

Navy tests new SM-2 missile
source: australianaviation.com.au
The RAN has successfully test fired a Raytheon SM-2 surface-to-air missile from the FFG frigate HMAS Melbourne during a test at the off the East Australian Exercise Area off Jervis Bay on the NSW south coast.

The SM-2 will provide the RAN with an enhanced medium to long range anti-air capability, and has been introduced on the four remaining Adelaide class frigates as part of the FFG-UP program over the past few years.

“HMAS Melbourne is now equipped with two modern missile systems to combat anti-ship missiles and aircraft,” said Minister for Defence Personnel, Materiel and Science, Greg Combet in a statement. “The missile was fired from the missile launching system that has recently been modified as part of the project to replace the SM-1 in the upgraded FFG. This firing is a significant achievement and provides confidence in the ship’s updated weapon control system.”

The FFG-UP program was previously considered a ‘program of risk’ but has turned the corner in the past couple of years following the intervention of Minister Combet and an improved working relationship between industry and Defence. All four vessels have been re-delivered to the RAN.

The MK41 installed in RAN FFGs will be equipped with quad cells to house 4 ESSM in each of the 8 MK41 cells.

This is ESSM launched from MK41.

2) OH really? says the guy with peanut size brain with weak eye sight and the lack of comprehension ability.

Source: Raytheon
SM-2 is compatible with the MK 13 and MK 26 rail launchers and the MK 41 Vertical Launching System.
Launchers
– MK 26 and MK 13 Rail
– MK 41 VLS

3) be proud that you have achieved one thing in this forum and it is the dumbest award.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom