What's new

Pakistan Navy’s 2300 Tons OPVs launched by Damen

Yup -- below is from the main contractor ASFAT A.S.

It was decided that 4 MİLGEM corvettes will be purchased by Pakistan, 2 of them will be built in the Istanbul Shipyard and the others will be built in Karachi.

In the first phase, a corvette each respectively to be built in Istanbul and Karachi will participate in the Pakistan Navy inventory in 2023. The other 2 ships will enter the inventory in 2024.

The production process will take 54 months for the first ship, 60 months for the second ship, 66 months on the third ship and 72 months on the last ship.

http://www.asfat.com.tr/en/pakistana-4-milgem-korvetinin-satisinda-imzalar-atildi/

i have a feeling that meligim ships for pakistan will not be standard ada class.

It was decided that 4 MİLGEM corvettes will be purchased by Pakistan, 2 of them will be built in the Istanbul Shipyard and the others will be built in Karachi.

In the first phase, a corvette each respectively to be built in Istanbul and Karachi will participate in the Pakistan Navy inventory in 2023. The other 2 ships will enter the inventory in 2024.

The production process will take 54 months for the first ship, 60 months for the second ship, 66 months on the third ship and 72 months on the last ship.

http://www.asfat.com.tr/en/pakistana-4-milgem-korvetinin-satisinda-imzalar-atildi/

The delivery time for Milgem is not friendly time line
Should request a adjustment so all 4 come at same time

Forget about building in Karachi , they need to finish the 4th Azmat Class ship first on time
Still strongly suggest we get the 4 Chinese Destroyers (my own personal opinion)

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/4-ch...-purchase-decommissioned-2-months-ago.633768/

Last edited:
i have a feeling that meligim ships for pakistan will not be standard ada class.

This feeling is correct. I remember I have read somewhere, PN's milgems will be customised for Pakistan's needs, will be a little bit slower but will posses more weapons etc. My only concern is I hope PN wont overloaded the ADA so Much And ruin its stealth design... afterall I believe ADA's Real power is its stealth design. Thanks to this ADA is a great warship for anti-submarine And strike missions..

Last edited:

I agree -- my earlier statement was harsh. It was an outcome of our options at that time, but the PN really will go through a massive AAW jump via the Type 054A/P (32 VLS w/HQ-16) and MILGEM (16 VLS w/HQ-16).
Sir as per data on net the HQ 16 b range of 70 km+ is optimized to tackle the supersonic missiles like Brahmos so PN should go for it to arm the future ships , meanwhile if possible F22P frigates should also be upgraded with HQ16B as so far it is perhaps the most viable option for PN considering costs and complexities as the other option can be SA Umkhonto but perhaps out of favor from PN for time being.

May be PN should request Chinese to develop a lighter version of HQ 9 which can be fitted on lighter ships.

The FM90 on F22P can be installed on these two corvettes meanwhile other two available FM90 systems may be installed on future expected corvettes.

I agree -- my earlier statement was harsh. It was an outcome of our options at that time, but the PN really will go through a massive AAW jump via the Type 054A/P (32 VLS w/HQ-16) and MILGEM (16 VLS w/HQ-16).
In Sha ALLAH .

great design looks more than 2,300 tons

very nice
Ma Sha ALLAH .

It is a barebone ship , a empty shell platform
Pakistan will pick unique customization for it by Local effort

> The most immediate offensive weapon would be our Anza Missile fired from a Sailor
> The Cannon which comes with ship
> CWIZ
> Helicopters would be able to launch Torpedo and Hunt submarine

Work in progress for our Engineering group to make it customize it
Brother any chance of Harbah missile ???

Are you sure that all 4 would be delivered by mid 2020?
2 are expected in 2023 n 2 in 2024 according to Turkish brother websites .

So Romania can build these ships (no idea what is Corvette) but we can't?

But then I also recall we were buying even rifles from somewhere else.

I believe Romania has the infrastructure for these ship
We don't have support for this particular ship

It was either get it done by Holland or get it done by one of their Partners

Off topic but do we have any plans to acquire any destroyers? Any deal for type 52?

Navy is most neglected force until CPEC came around. Trailing behind Air Force
Excellent news..... but also a bit sad. A country of 220 million with some very highly talented people has to look towards a tiny country like Romania for building our war ship. Thanks to seven decades of zero emphasis on indigenous manufacturing and production.

The OPVs dont seem to be capable of carrying missiles so will probably be chosen to do patrol duties more economically whilst freeing our more capable platforms for less wear and tear.

These OPVs also have UAV capability. Lets see if they are local or imported.

Since PN upgraded order to 2300ton the pictures/videos match the OPV2400.

OPV Damen 2400
https://products.damen.com/-/media/.../Documents/Offshore_Patrol_Vessel_2400_DS.pdf
The OPVs dont seem to be capable of carrying missiles,so How to deal with enemy

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom