What's new

Pakistan Navy’s 2300 Tons OPVs launched by Damen

These are Ships are the need of hour for Pakistan but i they need some High End Weapon system which can play the role of agressor themeselves
Pakistan can Purchase many frigates , Corvettes these can give more time do others jobs which Heavy ships had to do but Pakistan doesnt have any Heavy Hitters these can be used against pirates but against indian heavy hitters they will have less chance of survival.
Pakistan could order 2 3 New chinese destroyers with Subs Which can atleast provide long range air cover for these smaller ships in Pakistani Seas While Subs can be the aggressors while being the force multipliers but unfortunatly Subs have small chances of doing much when Pakistani navy will be having hard time protecting its shores which will give indian more chances to deploy more assets in Pakistani sea against subs

I heard Pakistan is developing Steel mills, Pakistan could ask China to do a JV with current ship they have in fleet to be build in Pakistan for Paksitani Navy even if it will take more time, Pakistan can spend less while keeping the pace slow will provide experience for Local industry to supply Weapon system for these with slower pace Pakistan can keep a side project of converting Mid life upgrade for current fleet with dedicated roles rather than having them do perform multi roles It will be hard job, but if they are able to that locally it will give huge experience.

It looks like a luxury yacht..:p:
Just kidding.
Yup and PM of Pakistan will use that to Drill in Arabian Sea which will flood the water with Black Gold and Pakistan will become the biggest economy in South Asia in a night

thats bad. should go for atleast 4. this ship looks good. looks equal to milgem class.
This is an OPV... I must admit if you arm it well it would be a good warship specialy for coastal defence but Milgem is a stealth corvette and its offensive capacity (Because of stealth design and greater arming capacity) are much more... Milgem and this, apple and orange...
Note- You can actually buy 4-5 of them with a price of single Milgem.

Last edited:
This is an OPV... I must admit if you arm it well it would be a good warship specialy for coastal defence but Milgem is a stealth corvette and its offensive capabilities (Because of stealth design and greater arming capacity) are much more... Milgem and this, apple and orange...

sorry for my limited knowledge on defence related issues. i read about milgem, so i thought they both related to same class category. but thanks for info.

4 ships by mid-2020s.
thanks sir.

It looks like a luxury yacht..:p:
Just kidding.

It is a barebone ship , a empty shell platform
Pakistan will pick unique customization for it by Local effort

> The most immediate offensive weapon would be our Anza Missile fired from a Sailor
> The Cannon which comes with ship
> CWIZ
> Helicopters would be able to launch Torpedo and Hunt submarine

Work in progress for our Engineering group to make it customize it

Are you sure that all 4 would be delivered by mid 2020?
Yup -- below is from the main contractor ASFAT A.S.

It was decided that 4 MİLGEM corvettes will be purchased by Pakistan, 2 of them will be built in the Istanbul Shipyard and the others will be built in Karachi.

In the first phase, a corvette each respectively to be built in Istanbul and Karachi will participate in the Pakistan Navy inventory in 2023. The other 2 ships will enter the inventory in 2024.

The production process will take 54 months for the first ship, 60 months for the second ship, 66 months on the third ship and 72 months on the last ship.

http://www.asfat.com.tr/en/pakistana-4-milgem-korvetinin-satisinda-imzalar-atildi/

Excellent news..... but also a bit sad. A country of 220 million with some very highly talented people has to look towards a tiny country like Romania for building our war ship. Thanks to seven decades of zero emphasis on indigenous manufacturing and production.
I agree with this. I didn't even know Romania had a navy...

This is an OPV... I must admit if you arm it well it would be a good warship specialy for coastal defence but Milgem is a stealth corvette and its offensive capacity (Because of stealth design and greater arming capacity) are much more... Milgem and this, apple and orange...

These ships will be lightly armed and mostly take the coastal defense roles, along with SAR , and it will free the F-22's ,Type 54's and Milgem to be solely on Attack or front formations .

Excellent news..... but also a bit sad. A country of 220 million with some very highly talented people has to look towards a tiny country like Romania for building our war ship. Thanks to seven decades of zero emphasis on indigenous manufacturing and production.
The issue is capacity at Karachi shipyard not expertise. We have built and are building more complex ships. BTW this is Dutch technology not Romanian. Just Romanian labor. Capacity at Karachi shipyard will increase many fold very soon with new facilities being constructed.

Yup -- below is from the main contractor ASFAT A.S.

It was decided that 4 MİLGEM corvettes will be purchased by Pakistan, 2 of them will be built in the Istanbul Shipyard and the others will be built in Karachi.

In the first phase, a corvette each respectively to be built in Istanbul and Karachi will participate in the Pakistan Navy inventory in 2023. The other 2 ships will enter the inventory in 2024.

The production process will take 54 months for the first ship, 60 months for the second ship, 66 months on the third ship and 72 months on the last ship.

http://www.asfat.com.tr/en/pakistana-4-milgem-korvetinin-satisinda-imzalar-atildi/
why construction period increasing progressively with each ship?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom