What's new

Featured Pakistan Navy Type 054AP Frigates - Update, News & Discussion

Hi,

You think that is a small achievement---. You think that technology is transferred in material form only---.

Technology is transferred in utility form as well---. Actually that is the first and the most important phase of TOT---.

Can you learn to use it like its owner---can you learn to use it to compete with its owner---.

Can you learn to use it to better its owner---. Can you learn to use it and utilize it in manner that the owner did not use it or did not mean to use it in that manner---.

When you have reached that phase---a major portion of TOT is completed now---. You came---you saw---you conquered---.

How about the F16---did the americans not transfer technology---. You have operated them successfully---. You have beaten many an american pilots successfully---you have also ended up in designing the JF17 from what you learnt by operating the aircraft---.

This is the most important utility of a weapons system---. 27th feb proved that---. Our neighbor even though it assembles the SU30---had a few shortcomings in operating it---.

So---what part of TOT is the most important part---the utility---that is the primary goal of a weapons system---.

ANother aspect of ToT is ownership rights , like we have in our Agusta 90 submarines by the help of which we can upgrade them ...

Whereas in case of F16s we have very limited ToT and we can't do any alteration without approvals ...

In case of Mirages, we have ToT to the level of rebuilding them but in case of Thunders, we have to ToT to build them ...

In short ToT is a very generic term and is entirely different from contract to contract ...

Here is How I tried to Explain Pakistan's Type 054A Ships.
Do PN Type 54 A have HQ16 b version with 70+KM range or old ones with 40+ KM range, meanwhile is their any OTH radar confirmed or not.
On other hand it is much bigger in size than Azmat class FAC so should be able to carry at least 8 ASHM/Land Attack Missiles.

Do PN Type 54 A have HQ16 b version with 70+KM range or old ones with 40+ KM range, meanwhile is their any OTH radar confirmed or not.
On other hand it is much bigger in size than Azmat class FAC so should be able to carry at least 8 ASHM/Land Attack Missiles.
Sir as far as the HQ16 b is concerned I have no confirmation yet but it seems highly viable option. Sir @Bilal Khan (Quwa) may better enlighten us.
Yes its heavier than FAC we have but will carry same AShcM as of Azmat class (i.e. Harba with 2*3 cells)

Here is How I tried to Explain Pakistan's Type 054A Ships.

Sir @Imran Khan & @Bilal Khan (Quwa) Im extremely happy that you liked my video.
Im really honored & oblige.
Thanx a lot Sir.

4 billion I do-not think so at the most 300 plus million per ship with weapons and heli so little over a billion will be price tag for the fleet of 4 type 054a/p
Even the sub would be around Same so 300-400 million x8

Type 054A frigates have a per-unit cost of US$348 million. so the total price of all four frigates would be not more than 1.39 billion while each Z9 would cost 10.6 million each, how this contract has reached to 4 billions $ ????

Type 054A frigates have a per-unit cost of US$348 million. so the total price of all four frigates would be not more than 1.39 billion while each Z9 would cost 10.6 million each, how this contract has reached to 4 billions $ ????

Hi,

That is what I had wondered for a longtime---.

type 054A

timg

timg

timg

timg

timg

timg

timg

Last edited:
PN should cancel the ADA class

And 4 more enlarged Type 054A on top of the 4 currently

Indian submarine threat is real and present

Add towed array sonar (TAS), new more powerful bow mounted sonar and variable depth sonar (VDS) bit like the irmpoved Type 054A++

Twin hangers and buy European helicopters NOT the Z9C

Add unmanned rotary wing UAV

So when one helicopter lands the other can take off and keep 24/7 presence on sub-surface threats using UAV too

Warship should have 21 days endurance for long open sea screening

Indian submarines are not always going to be on the surface

We need a FFG which can scan a lot of ocean for prolonged periods

Use the first 4 x FFG for anti air and anti ship and land attack

The other 4 optimised for ASW

Back
Top Bottom