What's new

Featured Pakistan Navy Type 054AP Frigates - Update, News & Discussion

Yes, and aviation is not only being modernised but expanded in size. Eventually 10 Sea Sultans and 4 ATR MPAs. Never has the fleet been so large.

Still you need a fighter squad with longer legs and can fire long range BVRAAMs to keep Indian P8Is at bay.

IMO...they may go for more LRMPAs / Sea Sultans. Not pulling a wish-list here, but the PN is attaching a lot of roles to the LRMPA, e.g., AEW and ISTAR. They may keep a large force comprising of an active fleet of 10 plus reserves for training, attrition, etc. I'm thinking 16 in total.

That is a lot of LRMPA for our coastline, even if we want to keep tabs on far off places. This size of fleet is rare outside major island nations (UK, Japan, Australia). At one point I guess do you need more then 3 planes constantly on patrol? I guess the 10 number allows that.

Jiangnan Shipyard has 2 055 and 8 052D destroyers.

Dalian Shipyard has 3 055 Destroyers, 5 052D Destroyers

There are total 13 052d destroyers and 5 055 destroyers.

China is willing to meet US in tonnage and VLS, they don't want war but to equal out, hence eliminating the chance of any war.

there would be a war between those 2 within 3-4 years , china will never reach US capability in terms of tonnage.

there would be a war between those 2 within 3-4 years , china will never reach US capability in terms of tonnage.

ofcourse they could not match in tonnage which is more than double at the moment but US is engaged through out the world with its assets and all of it will not be facing off with China.

also once China build up 55s as planned, carriers and LHDs/LPDs etc. they will be a potent force.

besides fighter plane strength for aircraft carriers.

I am happy with the Navy's Progress , or planned progress in next 5-10 years
They have done exceptionally well , and deserved the much needed upgrade to
Improve capacity to control our own Sea Area with more authority

Can't complain

2 OPV (Already received )
- 4 Chinese Heavy Ship
- 4 Lighter Combat Corvettes from Turkey
- 8 Submarines to give Pakistan Navy a Proper 2nd Strike Capacity

Plus the Modernization program which also involves other Assets as discussed in past by Navy's Leadership

Navy Got their due share, and every one is happy for now
Thank God you are happy finally and you are off your "Buy More" dictate :-)

Still you need a fighter squad with longer legs and can fire long range BVRAAMs to keep Indian P8Is at bay.

True! PN seriously lacking in long range strike capability … in modern world, without strong deep strike wing, you’re nothing. Despite such potent procurements, PN literally needs modern air package to defend its assets.

True! PN seriously lacking in long range strike capability … in modern world, without strong deep strike wing, you’re nothing. Despite such potent procurements, PN literally needs modern air package to defend its assets.

You realise that fate of Pakistan in any war with Indian will be decided by Air-Land battle in the plains of Punjab right?

Never??
What dos that mean
Remove 10 supercarrier and 20 mini carriers china already surpassed USA..and they are building like crazy

Those super and minicarriers prime role is to forward marines offshore and project air power somwthing that wouldnt be easy to do with any country with decent navy(untill its neutralized by destroyers )
Chinse new ships are classified as cruisers by USA

Never??
What dos that mean
Remove 10 supercarrier and 20 mini carriers china already surpassed USA..and they are building like crazy

Those super and minicarriers prime role is to forward marines offshore and project air power somwthing that wouldnt be easy to do with any country with decent navy(untill its neutralized by destroyers )
Chinse new ships are classified as cruisers by USA

Yup, no way US can fight China anywhere near Chinas coast now, even they admit it. Sure USN can take on any Navy in the open seas, including PLAN, but within 1,000 miles of China coast? Forget it.

China has succeeded in what no country has done up until WW2, they have made a very large expanse of the earths water off bounds to USN should they choose to do so. No other nation can do this within 1,000 miles of their coast, not even Russians.

That is a lot of LRMPA for our coastline, even if we want to keep tabs on far off places. This size of fleet is rare outside major island nations (UK, Japan, Australia). At one point I guess do you need more then 3 planes constantly on patrol? I guess the 10 number allows that.
Yep, but I think the bigger concern may be to have enough reserves on-hand. Of course, if we build capacity locally, then we should be able to configure more of these LRMPAs on our own regardless.

You realise that fate of Pakistan in any war with Indian will be decided by Air-Land battle in the plains of Punjab right?
You seriously need to study war. Do you know the kind of damage India can do from sea. India right now has its Destroyers equipped with Brahmos which has range of 300 KM but soon India will bring 1000 KM range cruise missiles and even more and equip their destroyers with them. Sir the kind of damage they can do to your Army and Air Force and Navy and your important installations is so bad that it would change the entire land war in their favor also. Stop living 40 years behind. Today's all wars are integrated. I forgot their submarines which they are inducting.

You seriously need to study war. Do you know the kind of damage India can do from sea. India right now has its Destroyers equipped with Brahmos which has range of 300 KM but soon India will bring 1000 KM range cruise missiles and even more and equip their destroyers with them. Sir the kind of damage they can do to your Army and Air Force and Navy and your important installations is so bad that it would change the entire land war in their favor also. Stop living 40 years behind. Today's all wars are integrated. I forgot their submarines which they are inducting.
HARBAH lacm? 750km range isn't enough for you?

HARBAH lacm? 750km range isn't enough for you?
No because your enemy is much bigger and you need to make sure that you cover all India's major installations and in south. Plus Harbah if used in Anti Ship Missile sector then we can only take and fire 6 from a ship. We need Ships which has at least 16 to 20 dedicated VLS for Land Attack Cruise Missiles of at least 1500 KM range.

Yup, no way US can fight China anywhere near Chinas coast now, even they admit it. Sure USN can take on any Navy in the open seas, including PLAN, but within 1,000 miles of China coast? Forget it.

China has succeeded in what no country has done up until WW2, they have made a very large expanse of the earths water off bounds to USN should they choose to do so. No other nation can do this within 1,000 miles of their coast, not even Russians.
1624898840667.png

China’s A2/AD bubble in the South China Sea and the Pacific Ocean

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom