What's new

Pakistan Navy: The Phoenix Rises

Nasr is short range ballistic missile
It is legal to export them
Stupid answere ... You dont even know difference in missile and warhead and commenting on nuclear tech ... Thays great ... Speciality of nasar is not its missile its the warhead ... Go do some research first ...

European options make for great, but expensive airframes. Quality = cost. But it's hard to find better airframes on the market today.

We recently started replacing our Sea Kings as well, partially with the AW101:
8Y5A2481.t574fc20e.m800.xff326337.jpg

IMG_6721.t574d5efc.m800.xc6fcd27b.jpg

Partially with the NH90:
KV%20Senja%20-%20H%C3%A5kon%20Kj%C3%B8llmoen%205.t57ee0a8f.m800.xfed7574c.jpg

20160216th_%2023599.t56c58576.m800.x4bf3a17c.jpg

Both are multi-mission platforms, and so long as Pakistan can front the cost, options available to it as European nations don't have reservations selling Pakistan helicopters of these types.

I served on both Sea Kings and the NH90, absolutely loved the NH90 and would recommend it at every chance I get.

*If you're wondering what I did, this was it;
_MG25877.t558cde7c.m800.x5a667b17.jpg

_MG_5356.t558cde72.m800.x3e77517f.jpg

Maritime SAR.

Makes sense for Pak Navy to go for AWs considering that (11x) AWs are already in use while both the Army and Airforce have also ordered AW-139s....
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

http://www.janes.com/article/60600/pakistan-signs-up-for-more-aw139-helos

http://www.leonardocompany.com/en/-/aw139-pakistan

https://defence.pk/threads/pakistan...mber-of-agustawestland-aw139-choppers.432061/

http://airheadsfly.com/2016/05/24/pakistan-orders-aw139-for-sar/

Last edited:
I can agree to Oscar's assertions 100% actually I broke this info a couple of years ago. Plans are reasonably advanced for development of both SSN & SSBN. Considerable "monetary" and "technical" assistance has been offered by some "friends" some expected, others not so much.

There is also going to be some big investment in the surface fleet. But the sub surface force with 11 AIP subs with a number of cruise missile carrying nuclear submarines will provide a massive obstacle for hostile enemies.

The SSBNs will provide a first, second, and third strike capability, insuring a strategic, full spectrum deterrent capability.

There are a lot of things that "that particular pakistani president" said when he was in power for instance-
On the launch of PAKSAT-1 he proudly claimed pakistan has surpassed india in space and it will take "30 months" for indians to achieve anything similar. So i will take his claims with a pinch of salt. A more credible report would be from their nuclear energy comission,their navy or intelligence reports etc. Btw,you still havent answered my question-"how will you hide a nuclear reactor"?Please answer this question.

There are a lot of things that "that particular pakistani president" said when he was in power for instance-
On the launch of PAKSAT-1 he proudly claimed pakistan has surpassed india in space and it will take "30 months" for indians to achieve anything similar. So i will take his claims with a pinch of salt. A more credible report would be from their nuclear energy comission,their navy or intelligence reports etc. Btw,you still havent answered my question-"how will you hide a nuclear reactor"?Please answer this question.
hi there
i cant comment on the pakistan rocket. but i would assume he said that near towards the end of his tenure when zadari became pm.

the pic you showed of the indian reactor clearly showed the reactor in a warehouse. so one would use a bit of common sense and sagest the same would apply for pakistan too.
heck same thing applies for russia, china, france and the uk too. you'l never find sensitive equipment let alone reactors open to satalite view. you do know that sub reactors are tiny as compared to their commercial counterpart.

next time dont ask me to show evidance of something sensitive, as you know its impossible to show.

My dear @Bilal Khan 777
How can you keep a full blown reactor concealed for decades?Dont you think if there was a naval reactor operational then the world would have known about it?You see what i dont like is un-necessary drooling over un-substantiated rumours. I would be fine if there were hard facts,scientific literature,tests launches etc--but since there is no such thing ,i would rather wait than indulging in speculations.

@Oscar
My dear,Oscar,How about you prove me wrong based on hard facts instead of speculations?Or speculations is what is taught as a part of broader curriculum in pakistani technical education?I thought you're a person of reason and since you have experience,you would KNOW the technical complexities involved--but,I am afraid,sometimes the way you talk about R&D projects make me wonder.Anyways,back to the topic,How about we discuss something concrete instead of speculations based on statements of random analysts or officers!
I remember listening to a lecture delivered by none other Gen Khalid Kidwai and I was amazed by the sheer ambiguity and opaqueness with which he was talking about "second strike" capability. In contrast to the lecture delivered by Head of our SFC,he was very ambiguous. But keeping everything aside,when we get down to analysing feasibility of a project,we do consider the established capacity of a particular country to undertake a task of a particular nature. Now what you have ignored(in your last paragraph--as I am only talking about the last para alone and not your entire article) is the established R&D capabilities and industrial maturity of your country to undertake a nuclear submarine project.You have also not provided the basis of your thinking apart from the statements from some random officials and analysts. Kindly do explain how and why do you think pakistan can design a sea going LWR especially when it has practically no experience of designing nuclear power plants.

Why you are taking stress to argue, when they don't have anything to answer.. then you should leave it.. make your point clear. Don't expect answers and don't stress anyone.. it's up to them .

Bu

But in case india will have just one front ... Asuming something else is stupidity ...
It still has to keep assets at home, no country can take all of its armed assets somewhere else ..assuming else is lack of knowledge of military matters... That is what I meant buy one front.. I was not referring to a second front, that will make India still much weaker if it happens, every country needs to keep a substantial part of its forces to defend itself in any eventuality..

the science behind nuclear bomb was published

the science behind miniature nuclear reactors is little more restricted
There is a lot of literature and even technical details about submarine propulsion in the public domain:

f3big.jpg

French%20Propulsion.jpg

UK_Nuclear_Submarine.gif

According to Khan, since 2001 the Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission (PAEC) has been working on KPC-3, a project “to design and manufacture a miniaturized nuclear power plant for a submarine.” In the long term, that may help Pakistan do less with more.

Last edited:
Makes sense for Pak Navy to go for AWs considering that (11x) AWs are already in use while both the Army and Airforce have also ordered AW-139s....

The AW101 would if it wasn't so damn expensive. At 20 million USD per aircraft it's half as costly as the NH90 which runs for around 45 million USD, but the AW101 is still 130% more costly then the average for the class.

_MG_7465 (1).jpg

DSC_3392-2.jpg

Pinnacle 11.jpg

2013-11-04 EH101 Absalon _DSC6554_srgb.jpg

Merlin in Fligth 2.jpg

IMG_3743.jpg

If Pakistan can afford them, they are well worth the cost. And these would be new airframes, not second hand Sea Kings or S-70s, they'd be fresh off the production line.

Stupid answere ... You dont even know difference in missile and warhead and commenting on nuclear tech ... Thays great ... Speciality of nasar is not its missile its the warhead ... Go do some research first ...

it is another short range missile

The AW101 would if it wasn't so damn expensive. At 20 million USD per aircraft it's half as costly as the NH90 which runs for around 45 million USD, but the AW101 is still 130% more costly then the average for the class.

View attachment 342762

View attachment 342760

View attachment 342765

View attachment 342767

View attachment 342768

View attachment 342769

If Pakistan can afford them, they are well worth the cost. And these would be new airframes, not second hand Sea Kings or S-70s, they'd be fresh off the production line.

I think 20 million per aircraft for AW101 would not be too expensive considering long time service they can offer comparing older platform.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom