What's new

Pakistan Navy P-3C Orion Thread

Are these the ones that were to be delivered as part of the original order or is this anything extra for the two destroyed aircrafts?

It seems there must be some hidden agreement between the two which we don't know.

Those destroyed P-3C were also supplied by the US [without cost].

ISLAMABAD: The US has decided to supply two P3C Orion aircraft to Pakistan to replace the aircraft that were destroyed in the PNS Mehran attack on May 22nd, diplomatic sources told DawnNews.

According to sources, the US will also be supplying F-16 aircraft and its spare parts.

Moreover, it is also expected that the chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Mike Mullen will soon be visiting Pakistan to convey US President Barrack Obama’s message, sources added.

Official sources had earlier told Dawn that the destruction of the two four-engine all-weather P3C Orion aircraft would temporarily affect the Pakistan Navy’s counter-terrorism and surface and underwater reconnaissance operations.

The aircraft is designed for surface and underwater reconnaissance and anti-submarine and anti-surface vessel operations. It is rated as the fastest turbo-prop long-range maritime patrol (LRMP) platform used worldwide and is also called the airborne destroyer.

The aircraft is 116 feet long and has a maximum speed of 410 knots. Its distinguishing features are long endurance, multiple role capability, variety of integrated sensors and above all the capacity to carry a wide array of anti-surface and subsurface weapons such as harpoon, torpedoes, depth charges, mines and rockets. It can fly a mission of at least 18 hours.

Seems like US wanna stuff us with their weapons.. More F-16s too :tdown::sick:

interesting...i didnt think they would, given the current unrest in the relationship

Updated at: 2205 PST, Friday, June 17, 2011
Pakistan likely to get two Orions from US ISLAMABAD: The US is mulling to provide two P-3C Orion aircraft to Pakistan to help the later plug the shortage caused by the PNS Mehran attack in which two such planes were destroyed by the militants last month, Geo News reported.

US sources told Geo News that Pakistan had placed an order for provision of seven P-3C Orion aircraft. However, the preparation of the planes would take time, the sources added.

The surveillance aircraft would be provided to Pakistan on temporary lease but they will remain a property of the US.

The US government would not take any rental against the use of these planes with a view to help Pakistan make up for its loss.

The US will ensure that the planes are not used against India.

Pakistan likely to get two Orions from US - GEO.tv

I dont think if the news is posted or not but this is the relevant section so i am posting it here again.

The US will ensure that the planes are not used against India.

how will the US make sure they will not be used against india ??

same thing is being said about f-16s.

i think that the US says this only to assuage indian fears .

of course ,they will be used against india .

Back
Top Bottom