What's new

Pakistan Navy | News & Discussions.

I think that PN should have gone towards the JV on SSKs and SSBNs along with Frigates, Corvettes, mine hunters and FACs too. So Is there any signs of Ormara Naval Central base with three Mega Shipyards? I hope that KE&SW will look towards a third one too.

Has anyone read about the pirate attack that occurred in the Maldives last week?

The Indian Navy will be helping officials from the Maldives, anyone think that the Pakistan Navy will become involved in this anti piracy effort.

Has anyone read about the pirate attack that occurred in the Maldives last week?

The Indian Navy will be helping officials from the Maldives, anyone think that the Pakistan Navy will become involved in this anti piracy effort.
i believe PN was involved in anti piracy efforts i guss they were once leading the taskforce too.

Military awards conferred on PN men

By: Our Staff Reporter | April 03, 2012

KARACHI- Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Muhammad Asif Sandila Monday conferred military awards on Pakistan Navy men in an impressive investiture ceremony at Bahria Auditorium.

These awards were announced by the Government of Pakistan in recognition of meritorious services, acts of gallantry and exceptional devotion to duty of recipients in their respective fields.

The recipients of Hilal-i-Imtiaz (Military) are Vice Admiral Khalid Amin, Vice Admiral Muhammad Shafiq, Vice Admiral Waqar Siddiq and Vice Admiral Muhammad Zakaullah.

Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military) was awarded to Commodore Khalid Masood, Commodore Sajid Wazir Khan, Commodore Ayaz Nabi Dar, Commodore Ch Aftab Ahmed, Commodore Raja Qamar Nawaz, Commodore Muhammad Isa Khan, Commodore Saeed Ahmed Khan, Commodore Dr MAA Rahi, Commodore Atif Rasheed, Commodore Khalid Mahmood, Commodore Sajid Iqbal Hussain, Commodore Sohail Abid, Commodore Aamir Naeem Baig and Commodore Azhar Majeed Khan.

Tamgha-i-Basalat were given to Capt Arshad Mahmood, Capt Irfan Nazir Malik, Lt Commander Ali Hassan, Lt Commander Jawwad Aman Toor, Lieutenant Muhammad Salman, Lieutenant Imran Akhtar Bhatti, Lieutenant Jahanzaib Ali, Lieutenant Muhammad Faisal Riaz, Lieutenant Ali Khan Khattak, Lieutenant Aqeel Iftikhar, Siddique Ali FCA-I, Nawab Khan CAFA, Muhammad Qazafi FCPO/MAR, Munir Ahmed PO/MAR, Haider Ali PO(R), Shahid Bashir LCT, Rashid Nisar MAR-I, Muhammad Tariq LPM, Faheem Ahmed LCDT, Jamil Ahmed L/MAR, Rafi Ullah AEA-IV,Ejaz Ahmed CDT-I, Muhammad Ajmal WEM(R )-I, Pervez Iqbal WIT-I, Sher Baz Khan CT-I, Ghazanfar Sajjad STD-II, Arif Pervez AAT-I, Shahid Hussain Azad MTD-I, Zahid Abbas MAR-I and Muhammad Raziq MAR-I.

Tamgha-i-Imtiaz (Military) was awarded to Capt M Abdul Rehman Qureshi, Capt Muhammad Shafiq Khan, Capt Muhammad Shafique, Capt Sameer Hafeez Abbasi, Commander Khalid Suhail, Commander Anjum Bashir, Commander Muhammad Imran Navaid, Commander Zahid Iqbal, Commander Vaqar Muhammad, Commander Muhammad Jahan Zeb Ahsan, Commander Syed Faisal Ali Shah, Commander Jamal Alam, Commander Asim Zaman Malik, Commander Khan Mahmood Asif, Commander Khashif Munir, Commander Hammad Ahmad, Commander Muhammad Javaid Iqbal, Lt Commander S Muhammad Khurram Gillani, Lt Commander Shafaat Ali Shah and Lt Commander Yaser Shehzad.

In addition, seven Tamgha-i-Khidmat (Military) Class-I were awarded to PN sailors. Muhammad Naseer CDA-I was declared the best sailor of the year 2011 whereas Fayaz and Zakir Hameed were proclaimed the best civilian employees of the year 2011.

The ceremony was attended by a large number of serving and retired officers of the Armed Forces and families of the award winners.

Date Posted: 18-May-2012

China spotted flying rotary-wing UAV off back of frigate

Kosuke Takahashi -Correspondent - Tokyo

James Hardy -Asia-Pacific Editor - London

Additional reporting by

J Michael Cole Correspondent - Taipei

Rotary-wing unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) that appear to be Schiebel Camcopter S-100s have been photographed operating off a People's Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) frigate in international waters.

Japan's Ministry of Defence (MoD) on 16 May provided photographs showing three UAVs on the helicopter deck of the Jiangkai II-class (Type 054A) frigate Zhoushan . Another image shows a UAV similar in design to the Camcopter in the air above Zhoushan .

The images were provided by the Joint Staff Office of the MoD in Tokyo, which said they were taken on 14 May by Japan Maritime Self-Defence Force assets about 700 km east of Okinotorishima island in the western Pacific Ocean.

An aerospace industry source stated that China bought 18 Camcopters two years ago, while the Chinese Ministry of National Defence website published an article about the platform in 2010, suggesting long-term interest by Beijing in its capabilities.

The Camcopter also appeared at the fourth China International Exhibition on Police and Anti-Terrorism Technology and Equipment Exhibition in Beijing in April 2011.

A Schiebel spokesperson confirmed that it did not disclose the identity of its customers and that it had not sold "production licences to China, although that does not provide full protection against copies or imitations."

The Austrian-based company has sold the Camcopter to a number of countries, including the United States, and the platform has completed flight trials from Italian and French naval vessels. The most recent of these was announced in November 2011 and took place in the Bay of Biscay from the French Navy's Gowind offshore patrol vessel (OPV) L'Adroit . For these trials, the Camcopter operated using an automated landing and harpoon deck-securing system developed by Schiebel.

Following the sea trials, Schiebel said the Camcopter "significantly increases the capability of the ship [to conduct] surveillance, harbour and coastal patrol, environmental protection, intelligence gathering, drug interdiction [and] anti-piracy tasks, as well as supporting search-and-rescue operations".

The Camcopter's law enforcement and military capabilities mean it is unlikely to break the de facto EU ban on arms exports to China. Sales of Eurocopter helicopters and other aircraft in recent years suggest that EU-based companies have some flexibility in what they are allowed to sell to China.

Japanese naval assets - including the Takanami-class destroyer JS Takanami , the Asagiri-class destroyer JS Hamagiri and a Lockheed Martin-Kawasaki P-3C Orion maritime patrol aircraft - tracked two Jiangkai II-class frigates and a Dongdiao-class electronic intelligence ship as they returned to the East China Sea after exercises in the western Pacific.

The same PLAN vessels were spotted on 29 April as they made a rare crossing through the Osumi strait off Kagoshima Prefecture towards the Pacific Ocean. In July 2011 Japan released images of a UAV flying near a Chinese frigate in international waters, although the image quality made it unclear whether this was a fixed- or rotary-winged UAV.

Pakistan Navy official elected to a key international body

UNITED NATIONS, June 8 (APP): A Pakistan Navy officer was Thursday elected as a member of an international body which facilitates the implementation of the 1982 U.N. Convention on the Law of the Sea in respect of delineation of the outer continental shelf.After a hard-fought contest, Commodore Muhammad Arshad, a Hydrographer, won a berth on the 21-member Commission on the Limits of the Continental Shelf (CLCS) during the ongoing meeting of the States Parties to the convention.

ISN'T F22p Stealth frigate ? if not can u collaborate what are the characteristics of stealth ship . India has 3 types of stealth frigates?

ISN'T F22p Stealth frigate ? if not can u collaborate what are the characteristics of stealth ship . India has 3 types of stealth frigates?

yes the hull is shaped / designed in such a way that it reduces its signature. the new FAC's are similarly designed

yes the hull is shaped / designed in such a way that it reduces its signature. the new FAC's are similarly designed
then why F22p isn't in the list of stealth frigates of wikipedia where as there are several indian ships

I wish that we are able to hear the news that PN will going to procure 7 F-22Ps with all the advance tech that is available to them.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Naval chief satisfied with operational readiness

ISLAMABAD: Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Muhammad Asif Sandila on Tuesday expressed satisfaction over the operational preparedness of the Pakistan Navy.

Sandila expressed these views at the Command and Staff Conference of the Pakistan Navy, held at the Naval Headquarters. The conference was chaired by the naval chief, while all principal staff officers at the Naval Headquarters and admin authorities participated.

Issues pertaining to security situation, operational preparedness, significant ongoing projects and future plans of the Pakistan Navy were discussed in the conference. The naval chief expressed satisfaction over the preparedness of the Pakistan Navy in the wake of prevalent maritime challenges at regional and international levels.

While taking stock of various development projects, the naval chief emphasised the need to prioritise and pace up the progress, particularly regarding enhancement of combat efficiency.

staff report

Leading News from Sri Lanka::

Sri Lanka Navy commander visits Pakistan Navy HQ

Sat, Jun 16, 2012,

Jun 16, Islamabad: The Commander of Sri Lanka Navy Vice Admiral D W A S Dissanayake, who is in Islamabad on an official visit at the invitation of Pakistan Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Mohammad Asif Sandila, has visited the Pakistan Naval Headquarters (NHQ) in Islamabad on Friday.

Upon arrival at NHQ, the Sri Lankan Commander and his wife were received by Admiral Sandila. A contingent of Pakistan Navy, clad in ceremonial dress, presented the Sri Lankan Navy chief the Guard of Honour, the Pakistani media reported.

Vice Admiral Dissanayake was then introduced to Principal Staff Officers (PSOs) at the NHQ.

Later he has called on the Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Sandila and held detailed discussions on future collaboration between both the navies.

The Vice Admiral has been briefed comprehensively on the Pakistan Navy's role in regional maritime security situation and operational developments.

Vice Admiral Dissanayake, who was visiting the country From June 11 - 16, had visited Pakistan Naval units and installations at Karachi and Lahore.

He is expected to call on the Defence Minister of Pakistan and Chairman JCSC General Khalid Shameem Wynne during his visit.

The Pakistani High Commission in Colombo has said that Sri Lanka Navy Commander's visit to Pakistan is immense importance especially after the war is over in Sri Lanka and there is a requirement to build on relations of strategic value between the two friendly countries in the new and developing regional environment.

Back
Top Bottom