What's new

Pakistan Navy capable of blocking Strait of Hormuz?

So your soldiers died in kargil out of diplomatic pressure !
Soldiers on both sides died. Are you saying no Indians were killed? What are you talking about? I am saying India did not take their posts back with military victories. Pakistan withdrew of its own accord.

Pakistan really needs to improve her navy big time.

Even Singapore navy looks more advanced and lethal compared to Pakistan Navy o_O

Last edited:
It seems PN is expanding rapidly. But for this strategy submarines will be essential to offset India's numerical advantage.

Russians couldn't spent dollar for dollar to match the American naval power, so they countered that by investing more and more in to missiles.

Let me give you some Chinese facts.

Fact 1 - Pakistan is a warrior nation.
Fact 2 - Pakistan can win war on India's Western front.
Fact 3 - India is an effeminate nation of little weak men.
Fact 4 - Indian women think Indian men are ugly, weak perverts.
Fact 5 - Indian women come to China illegally as prostitutes.
Fact 6 - India = peasant country.
Fact 7 - India = poo country.
Fact 9 - I am better than you.
Fact 10 - I am more intelligent than you.
Fact 11 - There is no fact 8
Fact 12 - If we met, I could beat you up.
Fact 13 - I am tough and strong.
Fact 14 - I am an internet tough guy.
Fact 15 - Fact 14 is incorrect.

I destroyed you and now own your burned ***.

Worship me as your God.

Dude, u r sick.

If you going to do a blockade, then the two important entities are....

1. Aircraft Carriers!
2. Submarines!

and 3. Air Force

The big question is how long can Pakistani submarines deploy?
You are going to have to figure India will target your submarine bases first and if your subs are deployed they will simply wait for them to come back.

Blocking or no Blocking one thing is for sure we need much bigger Navy and Air Force also

In any future india-Pakistan conflict involving naval assets, your ACC is guaranteed to move away from the conflict zone.

Is Pakistan Navy capable of blocking Strait of Hormuz??

What a stupid question is this??

Any entity with a boat , I say any entity including Somalian Coast guard aka Pirates, or a millionaire with a yacht could blockade Strait of Hormuz, if uncontested. Whether that entity would be able to maintain that blockade or not depend upon whether that entity would be challenged or not, and Naval power of entity which is trying to lift that blockade.

All these fantastic circles and lines that OP has made on map are fine, if only Pakistani Navy exist on this planet.

But when this hypothetical blockade faces reality of Indian Navy's might, it crumbles faster than a sand castle in Tsunami.

Even Pakistani Airforce would find it difficult to overcome 60 Carrier borne fighters of Indian navy, if Indian Airforce take a sabbatical in war; Pakistani Navy which is completely outclassed by Indian Navy in every department would turn into mincemeat within hours.

How would Pakistani Navy enforce a blockade when its assets are sunk as soon as they leave harbour ( and sometime in harbour itself)?

I'm not going to "debate" rants from dumb jingoist news sources.
Just to further gauge your level of intellect...do elaborate on what basis are you calling The Hindu as a dumb jingoist news source?

In any future india-Pakistan conflict involving naval assets, your ACC is guaranteed to move away from the conflict zone.
That is but obvious.

An ACC is not required for a conflict with a neighbouring country, particularly one which has small width(geographically) along the coastline and is in range of almost every single aircraft of Indian Airforce or Navy.

Ha ha ha.... You can cry all you want for muslim brotherhood! No one in ME cares for you!

If it is so easy, why cant you give it a try!

Ha ha ha.......................... ha ha ha....................... ha ha ha.................... and then again some ha ha ha.

You won't understand what I am talking about. Its beyond you, don't worry about it.

Let me give you some Chinese facts.

Fact 1 - Pakistan is a warrior nation.
Fact 2 - Pakistan can win war on India's Western front.
Fact 3 - India is an effeminate nation of little weak men.
Fact 4 - Indian women think Indian men are ugly, weak perverts.
Fact 5 - Indian women come to China illegally as prostitutes.
Fact 6 - India = peasant country.
Fact 7 - India = poo country.
Fact 9 - I am better than you.
Fact 10 - I am more intelligent than you.
Fact 11 - There is no fact 8
Fact 12 - If we met, I could beat you up.
Fact 13 - I am tough and strong.
Fact 14 - I am an internet tough guy.
Fact 15 - Fact 14 is incorrect.

I destroyed you and now own your burned ***.

Worship me as your God.
Ahh,it seems that we have got in our midst a stupid butthurt CCP troll:lol::rofl::rofl:!Your rust bucket PLAN will be sunk inside your ports by the combined US-JSDNF force in a matter of a few hours in case of a real war!You see, Japan has been itching to teach your stupid and arrogant CCP govt. a lesson in humility and the same goes with Vietnam who will again humiliate your "mighty" PLA by spanking them hard in the a$$!!

Last edited:
In the real world, China will be involved, especially when things get serious between India and our ally, Pakistan.

The reality is, India is too far from the Strait. Pakistan Navy and Air Force will overwhelm the Indian Carrier Battle Group and it will be humiliation day for India.

China will also reinforce Pakistan, and threaten India from the East.

If China involves militarily in Indo-Pak scenario, world will not sit still . The situation will never come.

I have heard more and more talk from Pakistan Navy officials about acquiring enough naval capability to be able to selectively blockade Strait of Hormuz essentially choking India of vital fuel supplies in case of war.

If you look at the geography, it seems very plausible that PN will be able to impose a very effective blockade.
View attachment 216699
With the development of Gwadar port, the ability to blockade the strait seems more and more possible.
It will be very hard for Indian navy to operate in an area where 13 submarines are lurking and JF-17's armed with CM-400AKG will be on constant patrol.

Once HQ-9 is acquired, Pakistan's writ on the area will be strengthened even more as it will be very hard to send aircraft against P-3C Orions when the area will be covered by HQ-9 missiles.

The only but vital precaution PN will have to take will be to ensure that Strait of Hormuz stays open to normal International shipping, otherwise oil prices will skyrocket and the whole world will be pissed at us. Military intelligence will have to play a very important role in this regard.

P.S: I apologize for poor Paint skills :p:
Blocking or Choking the Strait of Hormuz is not a big deal for PN.
After the start of hostilities graph of comercial traffic will automatically take a sudden dip, as no one is willing to take
losses.
I dont think IN has the capability to practically protect all the convoys heading towards India.
It also depends on the period of conflict as two to four weeks are manageable in terms of supplies.

Last edited:
Blocking or Choking the Strait of Hormuz is not a big deal for PN.
After the start of hostilities graph of comercial traffic will automatically take a sudden dip, as no one is willing to take
losses.
I dont think IN has the capability to practically protect all the convoys heading towards India.
It also depend on the period of conflict as two to four weeks are managable in terms of supplies.
Lets for a second assume that you manage to block it, Now tell me honestly what significant impact it will cause to India? I say it will do very little damage to India and won't matter much.
Reasona being, Saudi Arabia will still be accessible to India via Red sea, Oman will be accessible to India, All africa, South Amreica, South east asian countries will be accessible to India. In short 75% of our oil supplies will still be open and rest 25%( mainly Iraq, Iran and UAE) can always be compensated by increasing supplies from rest countries. Now what India can do is to block all Pakistanis shipments going out or in from Arabian sea and Red sea. Lakshwasweep islands and 3 aircraft carriers in Arabian sea are more than enough for that.

PS: Sorry for typos.

Lets for a second assume that you manage to block it, Now tell me honestly what significant impact it will cause to India? I say it will do very little damage to India and won't matter much.
Reasona being, Saudi Arabia will still be accessible to India via Red sea, Oman will be accessible to India, All africa, South Amreica, South east asian countries will be accessible to India. In short 75% of our oil supplies will still be open and rest 25%( mainly Iraq, Iran and UAE) can always be compensated by increasing supplies from rest countries. Now what India can do is to block all Pakistanis shipments going out or in from Arabian sea and Red sea. Lakshwasweep islands and 3 aircraft carriers in Arabian sea are more than enough for that.

PS: Sorry for typos.
I am only discussing the aspect of blocking. Is it feasible or not is another subject.

Back
Top Bottom