What's new

Pakistan Navy capable of blocking Strait of Hormuz?

Let me give you some Chinese facts.

Fact 1 - Pakistan is a warrior nation.
Fact 2 - Pakistan can win war on India's Western front.
Fact 3 - India is an effeminate nation of little weak men.
Fact 4 - Indian women think Indian men are ugly, weak perverts.
Fact 5 - Indian women come to China illegally as prostitutes.
Fact 6 - India = peasant country.
Fact 7 - India = poo country.
Fact 9 - I am better than you.
Fact 10 - I am more intelligent than you.
Fact 11 - There is no fact 8
Fact 12 - If we met, I could beat you up.
Fact 13 - I am tough and strong.
Fact 14 - I am an internet tough guy.
Fact 15 - Fact 14 is incorrect.

I destroyed you and now own your burned ***.

Worship me as your God.
Fact 16 - you sounds like our neighbours from west :close_tema::whistle:

In a simple answer - No.

Let me elaborate:

1. Selective blockade is not possible as ships can fly different flags to hide their origin. The only way to ascertain then is to board the ship and even there, the ledgers can be altered.

And Pakistan does not even have 1/50th the military strength required to board the ships in the gulf

2. Lets assume Pakistan's naval strength is magically increased 50 times and it is able to board and locate precisely which ships are going to India. India may then decide to contest the area.

In that case, Pakistan Navy will be fighting with Indian Navy on the high seas. Let me tell you - thats not a contest that would last more than 24 hours for Pakistan.

3. Thirdly, lets assume Indian Navy decides to send even a fraction of its strength to the Gulf area to contest PN there. It would take the entire PN to successfully pull off a selective blockade - which means the entire Pakistani coastline would be at the mercy of Indian Navy - including Karachi.

4. Lets assume that PN is again magically supported by Martians and it is able to continue any kind of blockade despite IN contesting the sea.. it would not have any major effect on India.

Why ?
a) Because India is building a 90 day petroleum reserve in the mountains across India
b) Because around 50% of India's energy comes from the gulf. And with India starting
energy purchases from USA starting next year, it is set to come down even further.

Please note that crossing even point 1 is downright impossible for Pakistan. That's just bad luck for Pakistan that a far larger and militarily far stronger country like India is their opponent.

Pakistan is as likely to put up any sort of successful blockade against Indian forces as Pakistan is likely to lead a successful ground invasion and plant Pakistan's flag over the White House or Kremlin.
You nailed these daydreamers bro.

LOLs What if India simply increases imports from non gulf countries from 40/50% in present to say 70% in future( which it is doing gradually atm)? Right now Venezuela and Nigeria export around 30% of whole Indian petroleum import and India is slowly increasing its imports from countries like Kenya and other African nations. Indonesia and Malaysia together export around 10% of Indian imported oil too.
PS: This whole blockade thing is not practical as it will hardly do anything to India for a short period of time( say 3-4 months) but will completely weaken PAF as it will have to face both IAF and IN air wing at the same time( not to forget IN air wing is smaller but a decent airforce in its own).

Blind jingoism sprinkled with some sane statements.
You could have started the reply with some sensible statement, but you choose ranting instead. That's a sign of frustation.

That's where our military intelligence will play a vital role. Let's not forget our alliance with GCC.
Your intelligence agencies are only good enough for LOL-lywood movies. Your intelligence agency is no way near capable of tracking 17 million barrels per day of crude oil supplied for 48 countries via 120+ cargo ship every day. No way sir. No chance.
And you've just shown your level of alliance with GCC by denying their request for troops. Point mooted as well.

And what will you provide GCC against Indian money(which is in millions), Do not say you will sell your Umma-Chumma crap to them against million of $.

Of course India is going to contest the blockade, it will be strategic suicide for India not to. But question is would they dare to enter waters held by PN subs?
Those waters are not held by any single party, Nor will it ever be. Remember US threatnening Iran of full retaliation in case of them blocking Homurz? What makes you think they would allow you, a close ally of China(rival of US)?

Anyways Freedom of Navigation in international waters is a very important stuff in international relations, No one will allow you to play with that, no matter how much support you have from China.

Watch the map i posted. PN will easily be able to defend Pakistan Coastline and enforce a blockade as the area overlaps.
PN in current situation can not even defend Pakistan coastline alone, what makes you think PN will do that in this scenario?
IN has numerical and qualitative both, edge over PN.

Why would there be no contest? Indian Navy will be entering PAF controlled airspace with no defence against CM-400AKG missiles. The only option left will be to use carriers, but we all know the IN carriers have hardly ever left the port.
IN has Barak-8 system, Brahmos, P-8 posieden, all dedicated for area defence for CBG, you do not think these are for showcase, do you?

And for you knowledge if IN carriers ever left port or not, read the history of '71. What IN carriers did to PN. You might want to re-read that part of histroy.

The only sane post in your entire rant. But even if India does not rely on GCC for it's fuel supplies, you do know that ships travel along the coast line? They would have to enter PN controlled waters anyways.
Even EEZ of Pakistan can not be said PN controlled waters if IN decides to attack, forget controlling Arabian sea.

Yeah, Americans clearly seem to be "butthurt" about Indian Navy's 2 cent carriers. Keep living in your fantasies, i'm sure it's very convenient.
This does not concern the scenario at all.[/QUOTE]

Your intelligence agencies are only good enough for LOL-lywood movies.
I am sorry you made the effort for such a long post after accusing me of posting a rant and then this is the quality of your post. There is no need to read further than the first line.

I am sorry you made the effort for such a long post after accusing me of posting a rant and then this is the quality of your post. There is no need to read further than the first line.
Nice escape. Suits you after claiming to block Homurz.

Let me give you some Chinese facts.

Fact 1 - Pakistan is a warrior nation.
Fact 2 - Pakistan can win war on India's Western front.
Fact 3 - India is an effeminate nation of little weak men.
Fact 4 - Indian women think Indian men are ugly, weak perverts.
Fact 5 - Indian women come to China illegally as prostitutes.
Fact 6 - India = peasant country.
Fact 7 - India = poo country.
Fact 9 - I am better than you.
Fact 10 - I am more intelligent than you.
Fact 11 - There is no fact 8
Fact 12 - If we met, I could beat you up.
Fact 13 - I am tough and strong.
Fact 14 - I am an internet tough guy.
Fact 15 - Fact 14 is incorrect.

I destroyed you and now own your burned ***.

Worship me as your God.
@
Hu Songshan

how about banning him or is this acceptable as he is chinese ?

Calling indian women prostitutes and india as poo country?

And i got 1 month ban for calling someone 50 cent:pdf:

Is Pakistan Navy capable of blocking Strait of Hormuz??

What a stupid question is this??

Any entity with a boat , I say any entity including Somalian Coast guard aka Pirates, or a millionaire with a yacht could blockade Strait of Hormuz, if uncontested. Whether that entity would be able to maintain that blockade or not depend upon whether that entity would be challenged or not, and Naval power of entity which is trying to lift that blockade.

All these fantastic circles and lines that OP has made on map are fine, if only Pakistani Navy exist on this planet.

But when this hypothetical blockade faces reality of Indian Navy's might, it crumbles faster than a sand castle in Tsunami.

Even Pakistani Airforce would find it difficult to overcome 60 Carrier borne fighters of Indian navy, if Indian Airforce take a sabbatical in war; Pakistani Navy which is completely outclassed by Indian Navy in every department would turn into mincemeat within hours.

How would Pakistani Navy enforce a blockade when its assets are sunk as soon as they leave harbour ( and sometime in harbour itself)?

Not sure if they can block Strait of Hormuz when they can't even break the blockade of their own ports during a conflict let alone a full fledged war!

During the Kargil Conflict - The Indian Navy also prepared to blockade the Pakistani ports (primarily the Karachi port) to cut off supply routes under Operation Talwar. The Indian Navy's western and eastern fleets joined in the North Arabian Sea and began aggressive patrols and threatened to cut Pakistan’s sea trade. This exploited Pakistan's dependence on sea based oil and trade flows. Later, Prime Minister of Pakistan, Nawaz Sharif disclosed that Pakistan was left with just six days of fuel to sustain itself if a full-scale war had broken out.

On the brink

A Pakistani columnist writing for The Saudi Gazette reported that the IN was poised to lay a naval blockade against Pakistan, if necessary, to force withdrawal from Kargil. By lying in wait across Pakistan's soft underbelly with the combined might of both its fleet, the IN was all keyed up to strike, had the conflict spilled beyond Kargil. Springing a naval blockade like the Cuban blockade in 1962 is an act of war.

A key lesson from the navy's strategic role in the Arabian Sea which helped defeat the aggression in Kargil is that despite the Bhagwat episode, the IN was back to being a professional force with high morale.

By contrast the Pakistan navy was advised by The Dawn columnist Ayaz Amir, to provide its best naval cruiser so that all the models of Shaheen and Ghauri missiles can be packed on board and dumped into the waters of the Arabian Sea.

1999 Kargil Conflict
Avoiding Armageddon: America, India, and Pakistan to the Brink and Back (Brookings FOCUS Book): Bruce Riedel: 9780815724087: Amazon.com: Books
Transition to Guardianship: The Indian Navy 1991–2000 - Vice Admiral GM Hiranandani - Google Books

Last edited:
Not sure if they can block Strait of Hormuz when they can't even break the blockade of their own ports during a conflict let alone a full fledged war!
Everyone can think of what-if scenarios, it doesn't cost money. No blockade took place during Kargil conflict, unless the admirals wanted to burn Delhi, Mumbai and most of India a full scale conflict was out of question. No military victory took place, Diplomatic pressure forced Pakistan to evacuate the posts it held for several weeks. Stop believing Zee news.

Everyone can think of what-if scenarios, it doesn't cost money. No blockade took place during Kargil conflict, unless the admirals wanted to burn Delhi, Mumbai and most of India. No military victory took place, Diplomatic pressure forced Pakistan to evacuate the posts it held for several weeks. Stop believing Zee news.

Am I going to believe a nation who took some 10 odd years to actually accept that those who were slain at the Kagil heights were actually its soldiers not some irregulars?

Pakistan lists Kargil war dead - The Hindu

Am I going to believe a nation who till date doesn't even know how many men it actually lost during the entire conflict? The erstwhile General said 357 - the erstwhile Prime Minister and leader of opposition said 4000+ and then after 10 odd years they Army comes up with an official figure of 453.

The Hindu : Over 4,000 soldiers killed in Kargil: Sharif

Am I going to believe a nation who literally refused to take even the dead bodies of their martyred officers and they ultimately had to be buried under the enemy's soil?

Rediff On The NeT: Pakistan refuses to take even officers' bodies

Heck - Even Pakistani journalists criticized that during the conflict while the Indian government had taken the press and the people into its confidence owing to the relatively greater transparency in the Indian media. while Pakistan had not.

Rediff On The NeT: Pak media lament lost opportunity

Lame excuses as always - It was Pakistan who sought American help in de-escalating the conflict first - As the Indian counter-attacks picked up momentum, Pakistani prime minister Nawaz Sharif flew to meet U.S. President Bill Clinton on July 4 to obtain support from the United States. Clinton rebuked Sharif, however, and asked him to use his contacts to rein in the militants and withdraw Pakistani soldiers from Indian territory. Well at least I'll be the last one to say this when it was actually remarked by Bruce Riedel, the then an aide to President Bill Clinton himself!

Avoiding Armageddon: America, India, and Pakistan to the Brink and Back - Bruce O. Riedel - Google Books

And then those who had Karachi burning for Seven days think of burning most of India!

'Karachi burned for seven days' - Rediff.com India News

Do yourself a favour - Stop believing your Pakistan Studies textbooks! - those lies will ultimately lead you and your nation to the grave. Anyways enjoy in your world of fantasies! Goodbye!

Am I going to believe a nation who took some 10 odd years to actually accept that those who were slain at the Kagil heights were actually its soldiers not some irregulars?

Pakistan lists Kargil war dead - The Hindu

Am I going to believe a nation who till date doesn't even know how many men it actually lost during the entire conflict? The erstwhile General said 357 - the erstwhile Prime Minister and leader of opposition said 4000+ and then after 10 odd years they Army comes up with an official figure of 453.

The Hindu : Over 4,000 soldiers killed in Kargil: Sharif

Am I going to believe a nation who literally refused to take even the dead bodies of their martyred officers and they ultimately had to be buried under the enemy's soil?

Rediff On The NeT: Pakistan refuses to take even officers' bodies

Heck - Even Pakistani journalists criticized that during the conflict while the Indian government had taken the press and the people into its confidence owing to the relatively greater transparency in the Indian media. while Pakistan had not.

Rediff On The NeT: Pak media lament lost opportunity

Lame excuses as always - It was Pakistan who sought American help in de-escalating the conflict first - As the Indian counter-attacks picked up momentum, Pakistani prime minister Nawaz Sharif flew to meet U.S. President Bill Clinton on July 4 to obtain support from the United States. Clinton rebuked Sharif, however, and asked him to use his contacts to rein in the militants and withdraw Pakistani soldiers from Indian territory. Well at least I'll be the last one to say this when it was actually remarked by Bruce Riedel, the then an aide to President Bill Clinton himself!

Avoiding Armageddon: America, India, and Pakistan to the Brink and Back - Bruce O. Riedel - Google Books

And then those who had Karachi burning for Seven days think of burning most of India!

'Karachi burned for seven days' - Rediff.com India News

Do yourself a favour - Stop believing your Pakistan Studies textbooks! - those lies will ultimately lead you and your nation the grave. Anyways enjoy in your world of fantasies! Goodbye!
The Hindu, The Hindu, The Hindu. 'nuff said.

Indeed that's the easiest way to run out of the debate when you can't keep up with the argument. You're free to take it the way you want! Good night! 'nuff said.
I'm not going to "debate" rants from dumb jingoist news sources.

You fool. The Strait of Hormuz is too far from India. But it is right on the door step of Pakistan.

The wild card will be China. We could reinforce Pakistan in the Gulf and attack from the East.

India cannot defend on two fronts.
Pakistan has been wating for your reinforcements for more than 6 decades now. When that happens, it will be a bigger event than "Mauka Mauka".
OT- PN can create the blockade if It has IN's permission to do so.

Back
Top Bottom