What's new

Pakistan Naval Aviation - Updated

Why only NH90?
I mean there are quite a few other options too.
Like Sikorsky CH-148 Cyclone of Canada, Eurocopter AS532 Cougar, Eurocopter EC725, AgustaWestland AW159 Wildcat and the Chinese options .
I dont think they will go for Chinese on this one. the sea king's have been in service for a very long time and are rock solid reliable. whilst Chinese platforms...... im not sure as i have not seen Chinese choppers but the z-9 are quiet reliable. if they were to replace them i think they would go European. i quiet like the aw101 or the aw189, after all, of the European countries i think Italy has been the friendliest to Pakistan so i think they would go Italian. aw has a lot to offer to Pakistan in terms of replacing their fleet. they can have the aw109/119 to replace the alloutte3's they have and replace some of the older bell 412's with aw-149's too.

aw-101
6904838507_6238bd1650_b.jpg

aw-189
aw189_weststar1.jpg

Lots of used Sea kings available in the upgrade market.
The problem is the money AND more importantly the willingness of the sellers to sell to PAKISTAN. I am quite worried about our current position and status in the market, not that it is disastrous, not on an all time low either but the problem is there seem to be ABSOLUTELY no effort at all on governments part to improve the situation. I don't know what they are thinking or doing but our diplomatic efforts/activity are at all time low surely and there seem to be no foreign policy at work. That is a truly worrying sign. I personally see only Chinese equipment for a significant time to come. This and some machinery that we may get as aid from US, not much else. Russia IS a potential new friend but it will take time surely.

The problem is the money AND more importantly the willingness of the sellers to sell to PAKISTAN. I am quite worried about our current position and status in the market, not that it is disastrous, not on an all time low either but the problem is there seem to be ABSOLUTELY no effort at all on governments part to improve the situation. I don't know what they are thinking or doing but our diplomatic efforts/activity are at all time low surely and there seem to be no foreign policy at work. That is a truly worrying sign. I personally see only Chinese equipment for a significant time to come. This and some machinery that we may get as aid from US, not much else. Russia IS a potential new friend but it will take time surely.

You won't believe the price of a used seaking even if l told you. The helos require new or overhauled engines.

Just a nice pic

Attachments

• 1456546102220.jpg
    1456546102220.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 0
You won't believe the price of a used seaking even if l told you. The helos require new or overhauled engines.

Used Sea King Mk4 available for £150,000/- ($225K).

Sea King, MK 4 Helicopter, #77744 - MOD Sales, Military Vehicles & Used Ex MOD Land Rovers for Sale

Of course these Sea Kings need to be refurbished which could cost upward of $2-million depending upon what is actually done to the helo. Sikorsky are notorious for charging high prices for their spare parts. For example in May 2010 US awarded a contract for $1.675 billion for the complete refurbishment & upgrade of 110 Sea King (S-61) helicopters to Sikorsky Corporation at the cost of $15-million per piece.

Used Sea King Mk4 available for £150,000/- ($225K).

Sea King, MK 4 Helicopter, #77744 - MOD Sales, Military Vehicles & Used Ex MOD Land Rovers for Sale

Of course these Sea Kings need to be refurbished which could cost upward of $2-million depending upon what is actually done to the helo. Sikorsky are notorious for charging high prices for their spare parts. For example in May 2010 US awarded a contract for $1.675 billion for the complete refurbishment & upgrade of 110 Sea King (S-61) helicopters to Sikorsky Corporation at the cost of $15-million per piece.

UK seakings are going for cheap as mentioned by you. An upgrade with new engine will cost 2 to 3 mill $ which is a bargain. heck at 5 mill it is a bargain as compared to new helos.

Coastal Security Excercise at Ormara

Attachments

• 1457156563012.jpg
    1457156563012.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 0
Can you share some info. as to when and how we got the Pumas from UAE? I don't remember that transaction taking place in 1977 -1979.

The Puma registry clearly shows with serial number for both production and allocation. From that info. it seems they were delivered to Pakistan after production!

Though UAE does use Puma and Super Puma for Naval use.

A selam Sir,

I cant finde anymore the Link or ther source now, but I have seen the pictures and on the tail of the Helicopter was written something like "Dragoon", according to the pictures which I have seen, they have a dark grey scheme and are extensivly used by SSG

Year: 2009
Units: 14
Condition: For immediate use - Not Spare parts.

Only 6 - 8 helos were taken

Sir I want to ask,
1) Does PN operate these 6-8 Used Puma Helicopters or Is It the Army who operates these birds??
2) Also Somewhere on PDF I heard of 3-5 used SeaKings acquired for Navy.. Is it True??

Back
Top Bottom