What's new

Pakistan Naval Aviation - Updated

I like the strategy here of using Sea Eagles for shorty range and light work so sparing hours for long range and heavy work for the Orion/Sea Sultan crews. We do not need a massive and expensive MPA to interdict smugglers or for search and rescue

I like the strategy here of using Sea Eagles for shorty range and light work so sparing hours for long range and heavy work for the Orion/Sea Sultan crews. We do not need a massive and expensive MPA to interdict smugglers or for search and rescue
Are 3 enough or do you think we will need more than3.
A

A
these 3 Sea Eagles are in addition of 6 or 7 P-3C of PN so fleet of 9 or 10 anti-submarine capable LRMPA aircraft for the coastline of 1,100 km only should be sufficient at least for this decade, meanwhile Sea Sultan programme is expected to be operationally ready & deployed till then.

these 3 Sea Eagles are in addition of 6 or 7 P-3C of PN so fleet of 9 or 10 anti-submarine capable LRMPA aircraft for the coastline of 1,100 km only should be sufficient at least for this decade, meanwhile Sea Sultan programme is expected to be operationally ready & deployed till then.
First 2 Sea Sultan already under conversion, should be delivered next year.

It seems ATR-72 nr 77 will depart Mönchengladbach tomorrow back to Pakistan, after conversion to RAS-72 Sea Eagle.
3rd one right?
The 4th one will probably also be converted anyway thanks for the heads-up.
A

Thank you for your response. I asked the question as there has been previous discussion about having 6 to 8 units which were shorter range for more routine day to day surveillance reserving the heavier long range veraions( 10 per previous plans) for longer range activities. It seems this has been the way PN has acted previously as well with the Fokkers and Atlantiques reserving the P3s for longer range activity.
PN's requirements will depend on availability of funds as always.
A

Below is FYI, posted on 16th JUL'22 ....
Thank you for your response.
Regards
A

Pakistan Naval Air Arm's No. 28 MS Sqn. equipped with Embraer E190-1000 Lineage Long Range Maritime Patrolling Aircraft (LRMPA).

No. 28 Sqn. is stationed at PNS Mehran, KHI. Pakistan Navy has recently inducted Embraer E190 aircraft to replace Lockheed Martin P3C Orion.

1659793040454.png

List of Embraer E190 procured by PN:

▪️ Embraer E190-1000 Lineage [ex- B-3203]
▪️ Embraer E190-1000 Lineage [A6-HHS]
▪️ Embraer E190-1000 Lineage [M-AKKU]

1659793098841.png

I asked the question as there has been previous discussion about having 6 to 8 units which were shorter range for more routine day to day surveillance reserving the heavier long range veraions( 10 per previous plans) for longer range activities.
As far as I know PN only has 4 ATR-72 out of which 3 are converted as Sea Eagle LRMPA.

And yes you are right previously there was a discussion about the need for more airframe for near shore MPA role but I don't think PN will increase the size of its current fleet of ATR-72 in immediate future.

PN should look at augmenting the MPAs with SAR equipped Akinci MALE drones. You can keep 3 aloft 24/7 to cover your whole EEZ.
Fleet of 12-15 should be feasible.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom