What's new

Pakistan National Cadet Course - Reinstated

this time professionals should be trained bcz war secenerio are changed.

So govt is about to resume training the students . Is that true? . Any confirmation , if someone knows ? .
Attached the screenshot below View attachment 575401
Good decision. NCC training was very short. It should be bigger more comprehensive and should also include some actual duty of minimum 6 months.

It says (Headlines): After 22 years, the decision has been made to start NCC for students.

(Continues): It's so students can defend themselves in the current difficult circumstances. They've started collecting all the student details.

That's the main parts.

You missed the 80s, large numbers of students carried Mausers in those days.

That's the problem with this decision, we don't want that gun culture returning among students. This should only be done if completely necessary.
Why not? there is no issue with the gun culture. However, with the gun in hand they will be taught discipline as well

Why not? there is no issue with the gun culture. However, with the gun in hand they will be taught discipline as well

Young people don't always think before they act.

Anyway, these decisions have to be balanced on risk and reward.

Please avoid unverified but sensational news as such especially since, source is not credible.

Thread closed.

allow people to own firearms legally within a legal framework. If the marxist kanjars have a problem then f#ck off to north korea.

Its already allowed to keep firearms in Pakistan with a license. I dont know about other areas but ppl in tribal areas and northern pakistan have so much weapons that they can fight a long war with it.

Pakistan Is Going To Restart Military Training For Students.
In A "National Cadet Course" Students Of Institutions Will Be Given Self Defense Training Of 40 Days Which Is Very Useful For Emergency Conditions.

Just reopened the thread but couldn't find any source to the news. Would you like to share your source or it was some kind of forwarded message?

good decision to restart NCC but the curriculum needs to be updated and modernized. it should be 80 days total with 30 day year 1 (grad 11) and 30 days year 2 (grade 12). There should be a mandatory Grade 10 - 20 days of basic training that was part of previous NCC.

This is not enough. National service is something that should be instilled from the ages of 5 to 25 in various different forms.

There are loads of great examples around the world;
  • The way Japanese kids look after their schools.
  • Community work as a mandatory activity for all school kids one day a month.
  • Teenagers should have to spend a further 2 weeks of the summer holidays on volunteer projects
  • All university students should be expected to do the same.

At age 18 it should be mandatory for everyone (male and female) to do;
  • 3 months military training
  • Followed by 9 months of continued military training or volunteering in community projects
  • All males should be required to attend 1 week refresher courses every couple of year until age 35.
Build up a sense of civic duty, make people take care of their country, and be ready to defend it if needs be.

Last edited:
if it has to be implemented then it should have been properly planned. giving drill training is useless in a war. give them weapon training, first aid application,survival techniques but it cant be done as army is already too much committed. previous NCC was useless and had to be discontinued.

Volunteering as a mandatory activity for all school kids one day a month.
lolz, its volunteering yet mandatory? that sounds wrong....its like altaf bhai karachi mein chanda lete thay...(if you know what I mean)...

lolz, its volunteering yet mandatory? that sounds wrong....its like altaf bhai karachi mein chanda lete thay...(if you know what I mean)...

:cheesy: poor choice of words on my part.

Perhaps mandatory community work would have been a more appropriate choice.

Great great piece of news. A strategic and long term decision to bridge rift between army and people that have been created in last 22 years.

I remember shooting that M1 and a long name after that rifle, for many of us that was first ever shooting experience

I think a very good decision if they can make it effective, back in our times it was just fun time

Back
Top Bottom