What's new

Pakistan National Cadet Course - Reinstated

Asalam - O - Alikum
It seems that many of this forum members are quite young or non-Pakistani college graduates, that's why they are making some wrong assumptions. I did my NCC in 1996-97, infact it was the last year for NCC, after 1997 NCC was abolished. Let me clear some points for those who don't know about it based on my personal experience of NCC

1: National Cadet CORPS (NCC) trainers were Pakistan Army junior ranks soldiers, mostly sepoy, Naik, Lance Naik and they operated in groups of 10-12 men per training group. Average group size was about 150-200 students in my days.

2: NCC training was 40 days in total divided in 2 years. 20 days training in first year of college (11th Standard) and then again 20 days training in second year of college (12th standard). After completing 40 days training students were given NCC certificates.

3: NCC was never mandatory it was optional and any student could opt out of it. But it carried 20 extra marks for university admissions and everybody wanted that extra 20 marks.

4: Any college willing to do NCC training for their students registered itself with local NCC center and colleges were given timetable & schedule on availability basis some time NCC staff used to merge smaller colleges together

5: there is no housing or transport involved on army or college part. You just put on the khaki uniform as in PMA and green beret with NCC insignia and instead of going to college you would go to designated ground mostly some local college cricket ground. Trainers and college used to mark student attendance there. 4-5 hours training and students can go home

6: It was very basic training. March past, some military commands knowledge, fire drills, running, crawling, first aid training and basic safety training and stuff like that. In second year students were taken to local firing range for some G3 training.

7: NCC was intended to help civil defense only during war scenario. We were just happy to avoid college classes and having some fun and mostly we were exited to wear military uniform. I remember that our training staff used to tell us war stories and encourage us to join army after completing college. It was a good recruitment tool for army and a good PR exercise as well. it is nothing like mandatory military training in countries like Korea or some European countries.

-----------

Last edited:
In 80s once a week class in fsc, every year firing range one clip of M-1 grand plus one yearly visit to local army unit , visited t-59 battalion and a signal battalion

Again idea was ncc will be called to support local civilian defense in war time, third line of defense

Salaam

Excellent move. I don't know why they thought it would be a good idea to abandon it in the first place.

There should be a system to train other volunteers as well - the country has a massive reserve that should be trained and potentially available in case of war.

super decision...

we need NCC back

every able bodies male female must be able to run 2 miles and fire a g3

It was a good recruitment tool
Thousands of boys apply at every recruitment center whenever recruitment starts there isn't any scaricty of men willing to join army and these programs of training students are useless
If you have good stamina and athletic body you are better than an average soldier just physical strength and stamina is all what counts

I still have the NCC uniform with me . Thick black full sleave strechable sweaters , blackpants and boots. Hours and hours of march past on the drum beat in searing heat of july. Highlight :Got to load a G 3.
Please share photos of that uniform

If its similar to previous program and based on that, its waste of time.

Back
Top Bottom